Miracle Review: Cabo San Lucas and Puerto Vallarta (overnight), April 2015

Kobayashi

Great review. I'm cruising on Miracle in November. What did you think of the obstructed balcony? I'm currently booked in an interior but am considering upgrading to the obstructed view as that is closer to my budget.

We did this cruise in April with an obstructed balcony and I would say it was definitely worth it. We had 2 rooms booked originally for 4k french door but we're able to upgrade both rooms to rooms 5173 & 5175 through ES. Our view was only obstructed looking down. The lifeboats came to the bottom of the balcony. From 5175 , there was a gap at the end of the balcony (on the side closer to 5177) between lifeboats so that we could see straight to the water.

I would book that room type again in a heartbeat!

We may be cruising on the Miracle in Dec. for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Any suggestions how to make it special? Who should we contact at Carnival to let it be known? Also, how much does it cost for dinner in the Steakhouse and can we reserve a night there ahead of time?

Thanks to everyone and especially to the OP for such an amazing review!:D

Edited by mousey

We may be cruising on the Miracle in Dec. for our 40th Wedding Anniversary. Any suggestions how to make it special? Who should we contact at Carnival to let it be known? Also, how much does it cost for dinner in the Steakhouse and can we reserve a night there ahead of time?

Thanks to everyone and especially to the OP for such an amazing review!:D

Thanks for your comments!

One idea is a renewal of vows:

F125B1D6-9060-45A2-93EA-95BDCF62CB7E.jpg

Another idea is attending the Chef's Table. You can read my comprehensive review aboard the Miracle here (this includes the new menu):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2130964

The steakhouse costs $35 per person. If you read my Chef's Table review it includes information about making advanced reservations.

Congratulations on 40 years and Bon Voyage!!!

Thanks for your comments!

One idea is a renewal of vows:

F125B1D6-9060-45A2-93EA-95BDCF62CB7E.jpg

Another idea is attending the Chef's Table. You can read my comprehensive review aboard the Miracle here (this includes the new menu):

The steakhouse costs $35 per person. If you read my Chef's Table review it includes information about making advanced reservations.

Congratulations on 40 years and Bon Voyage!!!

Thank you very much for all the information and suggestions.:D

Excellent review, I'm sailing Miracle in Nov, can't wait!!

Thanks for reading. I sailed the Miracle last November and also did a review of that cruise with stops in PV, Cabo and Mazatlan. The review is in my email signature. I'm hoping to sail that same cruise again this year. Bon Voyage!

This has to be the most comprehensive review I've ever read! I love that you have all of the technical information at the beginning too. AWESOME. I can't wait to sail on the Miracle!

Thanks for the compliment and thanks for reading along. Enjoy your cruise as well!

Beautiful and informative review, thanks! We will be on the Miracle for the first time in March of 2016. I was wondering, is there any type of Sushi station or cart on the ship?

I don't recall seeing one and will defer to others to comment if there is a sushi station or cart on board. Enjoy your sailing! March is a great time to cruise and make sure to bring some binoculars for the dolphin and whale sightings you'll see on your way to and from Cabo. Bon Voyage!

Extremely well organized Photo Review...Even better than you last one which was very good...thank you. :):):):)

Thanks for reading and thanks for the compliment. I just recently started writing reviews and have since developed a template for the type of information that I thought would be both beneficial to others as well as serving as a travel journal for myself.

wow -what an amazingly helpful review! i can't believe i have't found this before now! Thanks so much for taking the time to do this.

Thank you! Glad you enjoyed the review and thanks for reading along.

Thank you for your review. I am amazed that you included almost every detail one could imagine for the cruise. Your review was both helpful as well as entertaining!

Thanks for reading! There are some additional details and pictures I left out as I actually rushed to get this completed. I had two weeks between cruises and I wanted to complete this review before my next cruise so I could write another review on the other cruise and I didn’t want to get the details of those two cruises confused. I’ll probably add some of the additional information now since others are still reading this review. Thanks again for reading along!

Hey Char, wow, gonna miss y'all by a month!!! Nice to see you again, miss everyone! This will be the third spirit class ship I sailed, the Legend will be the only other one left to sail., Hope y'all have a great trip on Miracle, save some food and drink for us!!!

And yes, I wrote "y'all" on purpose, and yes, I'm Still waiting on your southern fried chicken!!!!

Huggs to you and all !!

Here is the complete and updated song list for the Playlist Production Show 88 Keys

Piano Man - Billy Joel

Crocodile Rock - Elton John

Great Balls of Fire - Jerry Lee Lewis

Good Golly Miss Molly - Little Richard

Hit The Road Jack - Ray Charles

Movin' Out - Billy Joel

Come Sail Away - Styx

I Feel the Earth Move - Carole King

Could It Be Magic - Barry Manilow

Benny and The Jets - Elton John

Love Will Keep Us Together - Captain and Tenille

Old Time Rock N Roll - Bob Seger

Encore:

I'm Still Standing - Elton John

Tutti Frutti - Little Richard

It's a Miracle - Barry Manilow

Playlist Production Show – 88 Keys

Here is the song list in the sequential order of the show along with each artist. Please note, there were a few songs I was unfamiliar with.

Piano Man – Billy Joel

Crocodile Rock – Elton John

Great Balls Of Fire – Jerry Lee Lewis

Good Golly Miss Molly – Little Richard

Hit The Road Jack – Ray Charles

Movin’ Out – Billy Joel

Come Sail Away – Styx

I Feel The Earth Move – Carole King

?????

?????

?????

Love Will Keep Us Together – Captain and Tennille

Old Time Rock And Roll – Bob Seger

MI_PL_C_1.png

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! talk about being in the dark about how nice the Miracle is!! We definitely must sail this ship! The pool in the Serenity area - is that a big hot tub with another hot tub added on? I thought I noticed jets? Or is that an actual adult pool to cool off in that is ACTUALLY IN THE SERENITY AREA??? If so, I am booking my stateroom even faster than I thought! :D

Gatsby’s Garden

Gatsby’s Garden is located on Promenade Deck 2 Forward and allows you to walk from the forward to the aft of the ship uninterrupted by stairs or elevators. This layout is one of the great features of the ship and Gatsby’s Garden is rarely used.

IMG_1083.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1081.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Your photos are extraordinarily clear and crisp. Also, the Miracle is one of my favorite ships. Thanks for posting these wonderful photos.

Wow! talk about being in the dark about how nice the Miracle is!! We definitely must sail this ship! The pool in the Serenity area - is that a big hot tub with another hot tub added on? I thought I noticed jets? Or is that an actual adult pool to cool off in that is ACTUALLY IN THE SERENITY AREA??? If so, I am booking my stateroom even faster than I thought! :D

The Spirit class ships, so the Miracle, do have a real pool in the serenity area. It is not huge, but it does it job.. I think this class has the best Serenity area overall. There is a huge bar, it is located adjacent to the lido buffet with lots of seating to enjoy your meals kid free, and tons of lounge type seating.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you say which is a better dinning bargain, between the chef's demonstration and dinning in the restaurant?

The cooking demonstration is free. If you're referring to the Chef's Table ($75 fee) you can view my full review on the Miracle here:

The restaurant is $35. These are two different experiences and I think both should be tried at least once at some point.

As a side note, here is a picture of the three steak and lobster options from the dining room paid menu, elegant night and the restaurant:

CI_SampL_Options_Rev.png