Bvlgari toiletries

jules57

Some postings have said that Bvlgari toiletries have gone from suites. Is that definitely the case on the Eclipse? If they have and it is just the standard products then I will bring my own premium toiletries and shampoo. Not all products suit my hair and I don't want a bad hair day do I? Just want to be prepared for cruise in 3 weeks.

Some postings have said that Bvlgari toiletries have gone from suites. Is that definitely the case on the Eclipse? If they have and it is just the standard products then I will bring my own premium toiletries and shampoo. Not all products suit my hair and I don't want a bad hair day do I? Just want to be prepared for cruise in 3 weeks.

Someone currently on the eclipse in a suite has shown a picture of bugari products so they are still onboard!

I for one would be happy if they rid of Bvlgari. Way too stinky and what man would ever use these products with that kind of scent? I think they should use something that is currently offered in the spa. Not sure what is in Canyon Ranch these days, but it would be nice to have Bliss, Aveda, L'Occitaine, Miller Harris, Elemis, etc. These don't give off a strong scent. Stick to citrus scents even lavender which can be unisex and don't give everyone a headache. Yes, when I cruise I ask for the X standard stuff in lieu of Bvlgari, but that stuff kind of stinks too. It would be great if they could make the bottles bigger too. That way you don't have to continue replenishing. I may get slammed for this, but put the pump on the wall in the shower so I have unlimited shampoo, conditioner and gel. I bet they would save a ton of money doing this and then we don't have to worry about keeping our three meals a day!

Edited by jenniebnyc

I for one would be happy if they rid of Bvlgari. Way too stinky and what man would ever use these products with that kind of scent? I think they should use something that is currently offered in the spa. Not sure what is in Canyon Ranch these days, but it would be nice to have Bliss, Aveda, L'Occitaine, Miller Harris, Elemis, etc. These don't give off a strong scent. Stick to citrus scents even lavender which can be unisex and don't give everyone a headache. Yes, when I cruise I ask for the X standard stuff in lieu of Bvlgari, but that stuff kind of stinks too. It would be great if they could make the bottles bigger too. That way you don't have to continue replenishing. I may get slammed for this, but put the pump on the wall in the shower so I have unlimited shampoo, conditioner and gel. I bet they would save a ton of money doing this and then we don't have to worry about keeping our three meals a day!

Well, I won't go so far as the shower-wall fixture -- that big bottle of blue "mystery liquid" in RC showers always creeped me out! ;)

But, I definitely agree about the Bulgari products -- they stink! My DH prefers minimally scented products, and I don't care for the Bulgari fragrance at all! To make things worse, I found that they left something that could best be described as an "oil slick" on my hair and skin. :eek:

Splurged on a suite for our next cruise -- one of the first requests for our butler will be to swap out the Bulgari products for the standard toiletries. But, loved your idea of the spa providing alternative products! :cool:

Well, I won't go so far as the shower-wall fixture -- that big bottle of blue "mystery liquid" in RC showers always creeped me out! ;)

But, I definitely agree about the Bulgari products -- they stink! My DH prefers minimally scented products, and I don't care for the Bulgari fragrance at all! To make things worse, I found that they left something that could best be described as an "oil slick" on my hair and skin. :eek:

Splurged on a suite for our next cruise -- one of the first requests for our butler will be to swap out the Bulgari products for the standard toiletries. But, loved your idea of the spa providing alternative products! :cool:

Glad you agree. What I meant by pump on the wall would be pumps of the spa stuff. Similar to the ALoft (Starwood lower end hotel), they offer Bliss products in the rooms. By the sink there is individual Bliss soap bars and lotion, but in the shower there is a pump of Bliss products..shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. It would take weeks to use it all up. I love it bc I can use as much as I want and don't have to squeeze product out of tiny bottles. I realize some people don't like this for whatever reason, but when I am at certain hotels (even high end) and high end spas, this is what they have and I do enjoy it. Happy sailing to you!

Princess went to the pump bottles and they are awful. Who knows how often they are cleaned and what is actually in them. In addition, they made a shampoo/conditioner mix standard which is not suitable for many folks. Now I have to bring my own when we sail them. I've yet to stay in any hotel that has pump bottles in its rooms. That said, I would welcome milder scents on the cruise ships and the airlines (Delta has the strongest smelling soap). Of note, when the bottles are empty on the planes they are discarded and replaced with a new bottle. Please Celebrity.... No icky pump bottles :rolleyes:

The new toiletries in our Aqua cabin this last winter have a lovely mild grapefruit scent.

I loved the conditioner so much that I brought some home :o and use it whenever I need to be reminded of being on a cruise.

I for one would be happy if they rid of Bvlgari. Way too stinky and what man would ever use these products with that kind of scent?

I liked it enough that I have two large bottles of the body wash in my shower right now.

I for one would be happy if they rid of Bvlgari. Way too stinky and what man would ever use these products with that kind of scent?

Do not know that I can speak for all, half and/or even a quarter of all males in the world, but I have used Bvlgari and been very happy with its scent. Sorry! This included both last year on the Solstice and earlier this year for three weeks plus on another cruise line. The Bvlgari products smelled fine and worked well for me. Everybody is entitled to their own choices, opinions, likes and hates. BUT, wanted to share that at least one male is out there with success on this product and being favorable. Glad to have varied cruise ship choices and options.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 107,360 views for this posting.

Love Bvlgari and hope that they don't change it.

There are plenty of negative reports about the pumps from never being cleaned to people putting water and other stuff in them. i won't use them.

We just got off the Constellation and had Gilchrist and Soames products in our suite. They were ok, nothing I'd rush out to buy.

Shampoo, conditioner, body shampoo, body lotion, and lip balm.

The Bvlgari scent that they use is a unisex scent. I personally love it, and I also have the spray cologne. I hope they do not do away with it. We had it in our PH suite on the Summit in Dec and hope to have it on our TA in Oct.

Another vote for the Bvlgari products. BTW, I have to add that I miss Elemis shower gels and products. Bliss is ok, but I can get them in Sephora or Marshalls...The Red Flower gels were great, but last year on the Reflection they didn't have any in stock. Hope to get a better experience this summer. :)

Oh great....the food disputes are replaced by the toiletries smell wars ;)

Tend to agree with the sentiment here:cool:

Wait until CC members booked on Brit Isles Tours realise that the SNP have imposed a £10 per passenger per visit when Ships dock in Scotland.:eek::eek:

Do not know that I can speak for all, half and/or even a quarter of all males in the world, but I have used Bvlgari and been very happy with its scent. Sorry! This included both last year on the Solstice and earlier this year for three weeks plus on another cruise line. The Bvlgari products smelled fine and worked well for me. Everybody is entitled to their own choices, opinions, likes and hates. BUT, wanted to share that at least one male is out there with success on this product and being favorable. Glad to have varied cruise ship choices and options.

If there was a like button Terry, I would press it.

The Bvlgari scent that they use is a unisex scent. I personally love it, and I also have the spray cologne. I hope they do not do away with it. We had it in our PH suite on the Summit in Dec and hope to have it on our TA in Oct.

I am not a big scent guy. The Bvlgari stuff is mannly but I like it too! :p

hqdefault.jpg

If there was a like button Terry, I would press it.

Appreciate this kind comment from this UK poster. Glad to know you're a person of such high class, great taste and wonderful judgment to make these generous comments.

Happy to know that so many others have been "manly" in expressing their liking of the Bvlgari products and smell.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 198,791 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

I thought they were discontinued?

I also miss Elimis. Not a fan of the replacement. But I find this thread humorous.

The pumps do seem sort of locker room like, yuck. There must be another way to save on plastic waste.

I don't find bottles attached to the wall luxurious. Gilchrist and Soames is a fairly basic brand IMO - seen that in 3* hotels.

Ren and Sodashi are our favourites. Don't mind L'Occitane or Acqua di Parma. Don't know what it is about Elemis always has the whiff of toothpaste