Bvlgari toiletries

jules57

On Millennium now. Our suite has Bulgari shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, soap, etc. etc. No complaints about the towels either; all is perfectly fine. (As so often, much ado about very little here on Cruise Critic.)

On Millennium now. Our suite has Bulgari shower gel, shampoo, body lotion, soap, etc. etc. No complaints about the towels either; all is perfectly fine. (As so often, much ado about very little here on Cruise Critic.)

So happy to hear this! Thank you

• 5 weeks later...

On eclipse may 30 2015 sailing in celebrity suite we had the following and not Bvlgari.

ImageUploadedByForums1434556631.590700.jpg.88873e492abc5fd2568a3d7ceacdacb2.jpg

ImageUploadedByForums1434556644.339406.jpg.7bcba754fcf717f5a310e6d0f1b8ff44.jpg

I asked the stateroom attendant and after discussing with his manager he said Bvlgari was discontinued. Don't know if that means the product line or Celebrity carrying it.

Found this soap to be a problem to wash eyeglasses. Could not get them clean. Finally used the shower gel stuff because it didn't leave a white residue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

On eclipse may 30 2015 sailing in celebrity suite we had the following and not Bvlgari.

[ATTACH]352509[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]352510[/ATTACH]

I asked the stateroom attendant and after discussing with his manager he said Bvlgari was discontinued. Don't know if that means the product line or Celebrity carrying it.

Found this soap to be a problem to wash eyeglasses. Could not get them clean. Finally used the shower gel stuff because it didn't leave a white residue.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

This is EXACTLY what I had in RS on Connie for my TA his spring to Rome, as well the PH had same thing, and we were told as well, Bulgari was being phased out.

GOD LORD! WAHT HAPPENED! I just booked The Penthouse to bathe myself in BVLGARY! Honestly I LOVE IT!!!

The other stuff is the G&S cheap standard from the slums class!

Can't believe they do away with high quality in Suite Class or they will get something different!

On our May Summit Cruise, there were Bulgari toiletries in the suites.

In May on Infinity, Royal Suite no Bulgari just large bottles of the standard stuff :(

I am still in therapy recovering from this shock! ;)

Crikey. In between "stinky" Bulgari toiletries and the Luminae brunch/lunch debacle, I'm increasingly grateful that we can only afford steerage* on our infrequent cruises. :D:D There's always a bright side!

*accessible balcony

This is all very interesting to me. I have read this thread with interest and amusement! I had no idea it was such a big deal about those little bottles of product. I take the bottles from Celebrity and other hotels and empty them down the drain and fill with my own stuff. I have never traveled without my own shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. They're small and quite a few of them fit easily in my carry on luggage in a ziplock. I even take my own large bar of soap as does DH. For me, my hair is difficult enough with different water, so at least I can use familiar products.

FYI I don't like scented anything, including perfumes - I get headaches from it. Oh my, elevators in the evening when ladies put on the perfume and gentlemen put on the cologne --- I take the stairs.

In May on Infinity, Royal Suite no Bulgari just large bottles of the standard stuff :(

I am still in therapy recovering from this shock! ;)

I always travel with my own shampoo and conditioner. Do I now have to consider packing my Dove Body Crème? Was considering it anyway because the Bulgari shower gel dries my skin too much.

I always bring my own. I never count on any cruise or hotel to provide any specific brand of toiletries. Just because they had a brand on a previous visit, doe not guarantee that the same brand will be there on your next visit. I love Elemis and L'Occitane. I buy them at Nordstrom and bring them with me. If the hotel/cruise ship have good toiletries, I consider it a bonus. I hate when the scent of toiletries is strong. Bring your own stuff and enjoy!

This is all very interesting to me. I have read this thread with interest and amusement! I had no idea it was such a big deal about those little bottles of product. I take the bottles from Celebrity and other hotels and empty them down the drain and fill with my own stuff. I have never traveled without my own shampoo, conditioner, soap, etc. ...

We "collect" the small bottles of lotion, shampoo etc from hotels. When we have a bag full, we drop them off at the local shelter house. People escaping abusive situations don't always have the time to carefully pack cosmetics etc. and donations of travel and trial size items are always welcomed.

We "collect" the small bottles of lotion, shampoo etc from hotels. When we have a bag full, we drop them off at the local shelter house. People escaping abusive situations don't always have the time to carefully pack cosmetics etc. and donations of travel and trial size items are always welcomed.

Class act!! Appreciate your consideration in sharing and being so kind. For our neighbor to the north in Michigan, we like you style and actions from here in Ohio.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 109,958 views for this posting.

I do the same, I have a friend who does a kids reading day camp each summer. I collect all year and give to them as they always need soaps and stuff.

Other odds and ends to a church shelter - they love to get those "amenity kits" from business class and 1st class flights too.

Some hotels actually collect the unused bars of soap, (sometimes maybe only 1 housekeeper may organize the collections) which is collected by some charity who remakes the half soaps and sends to please like Haiti and Jamaica. Same with half used shampoos.

I just got off the Infinity in Alaska.

I hoard the Bvlgari stuff because it has come to represent vacation to me. When i walked into the bathroom I was shocked... and disappointed that it wasn't there.

I know it's silly, but it's been there for so long that it's now part of the experience for me.

I filled out the survey and begged them to bring it back. Maybe (for those who love it), if we beg enough they will bring it back as an option... who knows...

The Gilchrist stuff wasn't impressive, but clearly, nothing would have been good enough in my devastated state.

And I too had to have gelato to perk me up.

Blueglaze I know exactly how you feel. I have almost run out of my plundered hoard and treasure the times I take a shower with what I have come to regard as the scent of X to remind me of holidays :cool: . I do hope its there in the CSs on X Reflection next week so I can top up my hoard.:)

Another Bulgari lover too. i let Celebrity know every opportunity I get. Will be disappointed not to have it in November after all these cruises.

Even this thread makes me sad. The only reason I keep opening it is for the slim chance there is news that Celebrity reconsidered.

Edited by JFontaine

Another Bulgari lover too. i let Celebrity know every opportunity I get. Will be disappointed not to have it in November after all these cruises.

Even this thread makes me sad. The only reason I keep opening it is for the slim chance there is news that Celebrity reconsidered.

If you've seen the sticky at the top of this page, you'll know that CC is hosting a "live chat" with X's new President/CEO next Monday (July 6). I think that there is also a link (see same sticky) where you can leave questions for her. Why don't you ask the boss whether X plans to keep the upgraded suite toiletries -- and whether they will be Bulgari? This thread is evidence that there is quite a bit of interest on the topic. :cool:

If you've seen the sticky at the top of this page, you'll know that CC is hosting a "live chat" with X's new President/CEO next Monday (July 6). I think that there is also a link (see same sticky) where you can leave questions for her. Why don't you ask the boss whether X plans to keep the upgraded suite toiletries -- and whether they will be Bulgari? This thread is evidence that there is quite a bit of interest on the topic. :cool:

During the live chat today, it was confirmed that Bulgari is gone, they are just running thru existing remaining stock on ships with stock in place.

:mad:

Here's link to the Q&A.

Her reply was:

I have received your request, and promise we will look at how we might be able to do that in the future. Can't promise, but I do promise I will consider
Edited by cle-guy

During the live chat today, it was confirmed that Bulgari is gone, they are just running thru existing remaining stock on ships with stock in place.

:mad:

Thanks for the update, Curt. Sadly, I was unable to log on for the live feed, so, I'm going to have to read all about it. :(

The question was asked and the new CEO, Lisa, promised to reconsider reinstating the Bvlgary products.