Best Place to stay Fort Lauderdale

1234icruise44

This has probably been asked and answered many times before...Please help once more...Pre and Post cruise, which hotels have transportation to and from the port? Are there any hotels that have transportation from/to the airport to the hotel? :)...thanks CC family

We love the the Hilton Doubletree Galleria One.

We usually take a red eye flight from San Francisco & get in about 7:30 or 8 am.

They always let us check right in at no extra charge. Then we walk about 1/2 mile to an IHop for breakfast. The rooms all have mini kitchenettes.

There is about a 6 block walk to the beach where the is a great Pizzaria we eat at for dinner.

There is a very large, upscale mall about 2 blocks away.

Also within walking distance are banks, CVS, grocery store, 7/11, etc.

Next Nov we are staying overnight at the Hyatt Place on 17 Street Convention Center. I am sure others more familiar with FLL will stop in and recommend others. I have read this area is a good place to stay and not far from the airport.

Another vote for Hyatt Place! This is where we stayed the night before our Oasis cruise. They do have shuttle service to/from the airport (but we didn't use it) and they do have shuttle service to the port (again, we didn't use). Great location with many stores and/or restaurants close by.

This has probably been asked and answered many times before...Please help once more...Pre and Post cruise, which hotels have transportation to and from the port? Are there any hotels that have transportation from/to the airport to the hotel? :)...thanks CC family

The Pillars :D

it has all the transfers you require included in price.

It also has a dedicated water taxi stop.;)

Edited by PORT ROYAL

Embassy Suites on SE 17th street. Full breakfast, and evening happy hour, is included. Very large rooms, so good for families. Large shopping area directly behind the hotel, lots or restaurants, Walgreens and CVS, all within easy walking distance.

No complementary shuttles, but a taxi cost less than the hotel's shuttle fee, so taxis are plentiful and cheaper

I like it when fellow royal Caribbean cruises post there spots. Those forum usually narrow towards certain type of cruisers. (I.e carnival. Princess.)

Sorry, a little confused.

Any cruiser can stay at Pillars, regardless if cruise brand, or am I missing something?

We love the the Hilton Doubletree Galleria One.

We usually take a red eye flight from San Francisco & get in about 7:30 or 8 am.

They always let us check right in at no extra charge. Then we walk about 1/2 mile to an IHop for breakfast. The rooms all have mini kitchenettes.

There is about a 6 block walk to the beach where the is a great Pizzaria we eat at for dinner.

There is a very large, upscale mall about 2 blocks away.

Also within walking distance are banks, CVS, grocery store, 7/11, etc.

Is the Hilton near port and airport? We'll have half a day in Ft Lauderdale so also looking for a hotel (where no car us needed).

I highly recommend either Hyatt House or Hyatt Place in Dania Beach, Fl. They are right next door to each other. Across the street is a very large shopping plaza which has lots of stores, restaurants, etc. We did take the shuttle from there to the pier once - I think it cost $11 ea - would be cheaper to take a cab. I don't know if they have "free" shuttle/pick up from the airport thought. These hotels are VERY clean and modern. They both provide free breakfasts - Hyatt House has more of a full buffet but the Hyatt Place has a more than ample breakfast also. Check them out online.

Hilton Marina - Ft Lauderdale.

Got a suite for 200 a night which wasn't bad. They have a beautiful pool with a nice eatery. Place was clean and friendly, you have a 50% chance of being able to see the cruise ships from your room - If thats your thing do not book "Marina Side".

6$ per person shuttle to the port.

Embassy Suites on SE 17th street. Full breakfast, and evening happy hour, is included. Very large rooms, so good for families. Large shopping area directly behind the hotel, lots or restaurants, Walgreens and CVS, all within easy walking distance.

No complementary shuttles, but a taxi cost less than the hotel's shuttle fee, so taxis are plentiful and cheaper

Agree, staying there for our third time in July.

We are also staying at Embassy Suites for the first time in early September before our Oasis cruise. They do have a special rate which includes transport from airport to hotel and hotel to port. The cost was an extra $28 which is probably about the same as two taxi rides.

Another vote for Hyatt Place on 17 Street Convention Center. Close to shops and restaurants. They have a shuttle to the port but taking a taxi is cheaper for 2 or more and less hectic. We will be staying there again in July.

We really liked Embassy Suites on 17th. Appreciated the ride from the airport, but we would get a taxi to the port in the future. Waiting and waiting in the heat for a shuttle (that would be more expensive than a taxi) on a many-big-ships (when we were going on a small ship) day wasn't very much fun.

If we were staying for more time I would stay on the beach, but for a cruise-based stay I'd go for the Embassy again.

We have been staying at the Renaissance, but the last time the service was really poor, might have been because I was using Marriott Points. We did the online check in on the app and we still had to wait over an hour to receive the room keys.

So this time we are going next door to the Embassy.

Ha! Just for fun I checked prices.

More than the cost of my cruise!

If you require a cheaper hotel, may I suggest the Hilton Diplomat in Holywood, it used to be part of Westin. Directly on the beach

We always stay at the Hampton Inn Airport North Cruiseport. They have a free shuttle to and from the airport. They are close to both the airport and port. There is a plaza across the street with a grocery store, liquor store, dollar store, laundromat ,several restaurants etc. They provide a complimentary breakfast, and a shuttle to the port is $6 each. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The rooms have always been very clean and comfortable. We have stayed there about 10 times and never been disappointed.