elite lounge

george35

Really? The cocktail hour is 5-7pm? It's until 8pm on Royal Caribbean, my husband isn't going to love that. :(

Yep, you got it. Cocktail HOUR is only two hours!

Oh the horror!

What is really galling is for those in suites Michaels club doesnt even offer a happy hour! I want my money back!

It used to be 4-6 which was even worse. Am I right in thinking that you should have vouchers on your sea pass, like on RCI. So at least you can use them at any bar instead of having to get dressed to go to the event?? Also it is not every night like on RCI, they don't have it on the 1st night and on one of the Captains reception nights iirc.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Really? The cocktail hour is 5-7pm? It's until 8pm on Royal Caribbean, my husband isn't going to love that. :(

Oh the horror!

What is really galling is for those in suites Michaels club doesnt even offer a happy hour! I want my money back!

Well we also don't love it - and it's nothing to do with only being two hours, it's to do with the timing of it and the dress code (no casual dress). We are late diners and don't want to get dressed up for pre-dinner drinks which end at 7 pm. It's very much geared towards early diners and we think RC has a much better set-up in this respect.

It used to be 4-6 which was even worse. Am I right in thinking that you should have vouchers on your sea pass, like on RCI. So at least you can use them at any bar instead of having to get dressed to go to the event?? Also it is not every night like on RCI, they don't have it on the 1st night and on one of the Captains reception nights iirc.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

Vouchers are only used as a last resort when there are too many Elites on board.

Vouchers, when used, are not loaded onto your SeaPass card, they are actual paper vouchers

So true. RCI is so much better in this regard. Plus the Diamond Club bar was in addition to the 3 drink perk. Loved it every night. Probable the best of the perks on either cruise line.

We were on a TA cruise on the Navigator of the Seas about 5 years ago. At the time, we were Elite on Celebrity so we got Diamond status on this ship. The "Diamond" cocktail event was held each late afternoon (5pm probably) and was in the Dungeon Lounge. It was "decorated" like a dungeon with iron cages with skeletons, whips and chains on the walls, quite dark, and was an inside area with no windows. Very claustrophobic.

The free drinks were only red or white wine or soda. Beer was a reduced price.

Celebrity's Sky Lounge Elite happy hour is so much better than that terrible Diamond Lounge in both atmosphere and drinks.

We were on a TA cruise on the Navigator of the Seas about 5 years ago. At the time, we were Elite on Celebrity so we got Diamond status on this ship. The "Diamond" cocktail event was held each late afternoon (5pm probably) and was in the Dungeon Lounge. It was "decorated" like a dungeon with iron cages with skeletons, whips and chains on the walls, quite dark, and was an inside area with no windows. Very claustrophobic.

Celebrity's Sky Lounge Elite happy hour is so much better than that terrible Diamond Lounge in both atmosphere and drinks.

I think you have to book a cruise again on one of the ships of RCCL. It's totally different now. Unlimited wine, sofdrinks, beer, cocktails and

Liquors between 5pm and 8.30pm in the Diamond Club. Also 3 vouchers loaded every evening on your seapasscard to spend in other bars on the ship between 5pm and 8.30 pm.

your are referring to the diamond event.. which was offered on ships without a diamond lounge.. now diamond and above get 3 vouchers per day loaded on your card to use in any bar (limited menu but covers most basic drinks) plus unlimited in the diamond lounge during that period of time believe 5-830pm

Rick

We perfer the Celebrity Happy hour and the attrie is very open - smart casual covers almost everything except swim wear .... at least that is what it seems like in the lounge...

We find the 2 hours certainly sufficient and much preferred the atmosphere on Celebrity to RCCL ...

They do not make you leave at 7pm you can remain and enjoy finishing your drinks and social time as long as you want....

Thank goodness we have a beverage package on our very first Celebrity sailing as the end of the 'cocktail hour' at 7pm is too early for us as we dine later and rarely go to the RCI Diamond or Concierge lounge before 7pm, usually more like 7:30 pm on ships where it ends at 8:30pm.

Drinking cocktails between 5-7 is too early for us so I doubt we'll attend even though our reciprocal status is Elite on Celebrity.

Not a problem as the beverage package gives us more choice of venues. Friends have recommended the Oceanview Bar on Constellation and as it's outdoors, it sounds great for us.

Well we also don't love it - and it's nothing to do with only being two hours, it's to do with the timing of it and the dress code (no casual dress). We are late diners and don't want to get dressed up for pre-dinner drinks which end at 7 pm. It's very much geared towards early diners and we think RC has a much better set-up in this respect.

Completely agree. We are fans of Celebrity but on our first and only RC cruise on the Jewel OTS last January we enjoyed very much the convenience of their Happy Hour schedule for late diners. Most of the nights, we had a late afternoon cocktail by the pool bar before going to our cabin to get prepared and dressed for the night early enough for some time and one cocktail at the Diamond event and, later on, to be able to grab a glass of wine at the Champagne bar to bring with us in the MDR. We didn't find the need to purchase a beverage package for that cruise.

On Celebrity, at 5PM we are still by the pool and not yet dressed properly for the Elite event. We then pass most of the 6-7 time slot in our cabin being prepared and dressed for the night. Sometimes, we even had to rush to be prepared early enough to arrive at the Elite event before 7PM. Taking into account we upgrade our drink package to Premium, we find that the Elite event is not really a valuable perk and simply go to the Martini bar for our pre dinner cocktail. We really have to make an effort to be prepared on time for the Senior Officers reception on the first Formal Night.

Edited by vivi9909

I love Transatlantics. There are so many Elite. In our last 3, TAs coupons were given out. I don't drink many alcoholic beverages so it was great to come in from the pool and get water and coke. No dress up required

Oh the horror!

No need to be sarcastic. It isn't the number of hours long that is my concern, it's that it ends at 7 pm. We prefer eating a little later and this will have us rushing our normal routine.

No need to be sarcastic. It isn't the number of hours long that is my concern, it's that it ends at 7 pm. We prefer eating a little later and this will have us rushing our normal routine.

Margie, it has been these same ours for a long, long time. As for attire

and your dining time? I always eat late and don't go to the Happy

Hour "dressed for dinner"......IF I even attend anymore, I will wear

something that is acceptable. Then I go shower and change for dinner.

But I don't dress for dinner to have drinks at 5:00 and my dinner is

at 8:30.

Believe they are tying to make as many people happy as they can. Can't satisfy everyone.

Edited by dkjretired

We perfer the Celebrity Happy hour and the attrie is very open - smart casual covers almost everything except swim wear .... at least that is what it seems like in the lounge...

We find the 2 hours certainly sufficient and much preferred the atmosphere on Celebrity to RCCL ...

They do not make you leave at 7pm you can remain and enjoy finishing your drinks and social time as long as you want....

We like the RCI better since it is from 5 - 8:30 and more people can attend. RCI has better food during this event, too. As for atmosphere, why do you think it is better on X? RCI does not make you leave at 8:30.

The last time we were on X and attended the Sr. Office Cocktail Party they made everyone leave the first party at 6:15 regardless if they were finished with their drink or not. They said they had to clean up for the second offering.

Believe they are tying to make as many people happy as they can. Can't satisfy everyone.

I usually just appreciate any perk they are giving us for no charge. Some will say it is 'earned' but it is still a generous perk that could go away. I never like to look a gift horse in the mouth.

On our last cruise only used the lounge a couple of times. Dinner at 8:30 so to make the cocktail hour had to leave the sun deck and change into my big boy pants just to get a free drink that we really didn't need or want. With the bev package we had our fill of liquor throughout the day.

We napped, I did the three S's, then went to a lounge for drinks and dancing.