Silver Spirit Transatlantic Barcelona to Ft. Lauderdale November 9, 2015

spinnaker2

Hope the weather doesnt get too bad for you tonight. The Lunch and Learn with David looks like the usual fun, but did you have to pay for the experience this time?

No, there were 2 performances, all free but reservations required. I was waitlisted but was one of the chosen few.

Next reserved performance is a "hands on" demonstration of appetiser preparation.

Today an open lesson on baking bread.

Each piece of "art" that is deemed worth saving has a mini life vest...

😂

Ok that is a giant fib, there aren't any mini life vests.

-----------------------------

I know that art is subjective, but I think Spinnaker described the artwork perfectly.

The seas started to pick up around 7 pm last evening and continued to get stronger as the evening progressed. We enjoy the motion and have selected our cabin location to take maximum advantage of it, but we know that others are negatively affected by the rocking and pitch, so we hope they all faired well.

I was up around 4 am - I still have not adjusted to the new time zones - and had a bit of difficulty walking around the cabin due to the motion. We heard it is a Force 6 wind which is not all that strong. We will look forward to the Captain's report at noon to see if the winds were stronger than that. All in all, this has been a calm crossing and we expect that the remainder will be smooth.

Dinner in Seshin last evening which we enjoyed a lot. The only thing I didn't like was that you have to buy a whole bottle of saki. I did my best to drink it since Bob does not care for it, but at 14.9 proof, I had to give up after about a quarter of the bottle. We had the remainder sent to the cabin, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

With only a few days left and a lot of OBC remaining to be spent, we will be drinking some fine wine. A first world problem.

We know that many of the crew did not sleep well last night due to the noise of the ship crashing through waves. They also have their hands full with a lot more room service orders to be taken care of. We have put our "do not disturb" sign out so they won't have to service our cabin. I guess I'm just getting ready to have to make my own bed when we get home.

With only a few days left and a lot of OBC remaining to be spent, we will be drinking some fine wine. A first world problem.

Sounds like a dream trip! We have been in that situation before... once we splurged for Dom Perignon rosé, which uses up OBC pretty fast. Another time we grabbed 2 bottles of cheap red ($50 range on their list) to take ashore with us for our post-cruise stay in Iceland, where alcohol is exorbitant.

Last cruise we brought home a bottle of Chateau d'Yquem with the last of our OBC. It will be a nice memento of the cruise, when we find the right occasion to drink it. Have always wanted to try it and it was free, so even better!

Enjoy the last few days, and smooth sailing!

Mr. Silver, when we were on board the Spirit with Lawrence the SS wine guy in March the lunch and learn paired with wine (if memory serves with a nice Italian Amarone and tasty French Sancerre) Ida then paid a $40-60 fare. Bet, if the lunch and learn is paired with Silversea Complementary wine pours there is no fee. Pls note the Head Sommelier describing the tasting notes of the white wine enjoyed by the March Spirit (Sydney to LA) lunch and learn guests below:

f5e02d93e4d5ff2953cd473e35420d0c_zps6e34fca6.jpg

Glorious sunrise this morning. A new day aboard the Spirit!

The rough seas as the Captain promised, subsided last evening. The winds are still somewhat strong, gusting up to 19 knots, hitting the ship on the starboard side. The front, as the Captain termed it, did have an impact on many of the crew as their quarters are in the bow and low. Very noisy and they suffered from lack of sleep.

The Captain took a more southerly course yesterday to make our ride a little better, he will change it back more westerly towards Florida.

We slowed down as well, but that won't be a problem as we were ahead of schedule.

Dinner last night in Le Champagne, I thought it was the best one we have had in that venue.

I do agree with the critique about the layout of the room on this vessel,but the food was wonderful.

Another lunch and learn today. As mentioned on these boards, it is an appetizer workshop.

Tomorrow is a taste of Florida, and Monday, a BBQ demonstration.

Brief art update, when we walked around the ship, some of it was banging against the wall on which it was hanging, and a few pieces were askew, but nothing, that I saw, suffered from the tempesta.

Glorious sunrise this morning. A new day aboard the Spirit! The rough seas as the Captain promised, subsided last evening. The winds are still somewhat strong, gusting up to 19 knots, hitting the ship on the starboard side. The front, as the Captain termed it, did have an impact on many of the crew as their quarters are in the bow and low. Very noisy and they suffered from lack of sleep. The Captain took a more southerly course yesterday to make our ride a little better, he will change it back more westerly towards Florida.

We slowed down as well, but that won't be a problem as we were ahead of schedule. Dinner last night in Le Champagne, I thought it was the best one we have had in that venue. I do agree with the critique about the layout of the room on this vessel,but the food was wonderful. Another lunch and learn today. As mentioned on these boards, it is an appetizer workshop. Tomorrow is a taste of Florida, and Monday, a BBQ demonstration. Brief art update, when we walked around the ship, some of it was banging against the wall on which it was hanging, and a few pieces were askew, but nothing, that I saw, suffered from the tempesta.

Appreciate the wonderful details and reporting from Candy. Sounds like fun, exciting times. Pictures? Need some photo evidence! Keep it coming.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 189,237 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Just got some "fresh" pictures from Candy during her trans-Atlantic sailing on the Silver Spirit. This is "evidence" for their having fun, etc.

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 206,751 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

First, here is the Nov. 21 sunrise!. Then, some food, chef work, buffet, etc., highlights. Sounds and looks good!:

Nov2015PixsA5%201_zpsy5kznj2c.jpg

Nov2015PixsA2%201_zpswlknttri.jpg

Nov2015PixsA1%201_zpsbnsgroxw.jpg

Nov2015PixsA4%201_zpsyy71yxem.jpg

Nov2015PixsA3%201_zpsdkunldac.jpg

Quiet day today. Relaxing.

We have become hermits.

Enjoying our suite.

The last few moments.

Every cruise is different.

Although I packed so much, I have really not used many of the things I brought.

As I mentioned everything is in our suite.

We venture out every so often, but compared to other cruises, this one has been time to enjoy each other.

Quiet day today. Relaxing. We have become hermits. Enjoying our suite. The last few moments. Every cruise is different. Although I packed so much, I have really not used many of the things I brought. As I mentioned everything is in our suite. We venture out every so often, but compared to other cruises, this one has been time to enjoy each other.

Just to prove the points made by Candy above, below is the photo she just sent to me of the balcony that they are enjoying. Looks very nice and roomy!!! Why go any other location? It is not just being in a Suite, but have the ability to be outside enjoying the views, sunshine, etc.

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 126,511 views for this posting.

IMG_0267_zpsfkq0ql7u.jpg

Last night was another formal night.

We dined in our suite.

Osso bucco, risotto and of course Drspins had the requisite two chocolate bombes the pastry chef makes for him.

Pouring rainstorm in early evening heralded the extreme humidity we know and not necessarily love, from our state. We keep on course, at about 13 knots.

Going towards Ft Lauderdale.

Today is the dreaded packing day, but there are still activities.

At lunch time there will be a BBQ demonstration from chef David.

Lots of other things to do.

Spinnaker - What are chocolate bombes? Any photos?

Today is packing day, and a day to try to spend all of our remaining OBC. We did snag a bottle of Chateau d"Yquem to take home which will only make packing more complicated. We will toast the end of a lovely voyage this evening with our Dom. Now, if I could just find time to drink the remaining saki.

We were disappointed last evening that there was no Captain's farewell and crew parade. The farewell show was a bit flat as well. We can't remember if there was a Captain's farewell on our last trip, but we do miss Volare, Simply the Best and Con Te Partiro.

We dined in our suite. Osso bucco, risotto and of course Drspins had the requisite two chocolate bombes the pastry chef makes for him.

Super love osso bucco and risotto!! Not as big of a chocolate guy. Fun and tasty!! Sorry to hear that the crew parade did not happen. Below are some sunset, moon and sunrise pictures from Candy. Keep it coming!! Not fun to hear on the need to pack up and get off of the ship tomorrow morning.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 32,636 views for these postings.

Nov2015PixsA13_zpsnplklgyr.jpg

Nov2015PixsA14_zpsbzcqrznq.jpg

Nov2015PixsA15_zpsaatfrfj6.jpg