What is the best cocktail to order

Bootstrap77

Oh my goodness!! So many wonderful replies :) Thank you all very much. We have upgraded to the premium beverage package and are sailing on January 2nd 2016 on the Equinox. Keep the suggestions coming. :cool:

Interesting thread except that there's little mention if the brand of preferred spirits or mixers.

A Cosmo made with Hangar 1, Cointreau and will taste far better than one with "well" vodka and triple sec.

If you're getting an unlimited beverage package, it might be worth doing a taste test of something as simple as well gin next to Bombay next to Bombay Sapphire. What a difference. Likewise, try Cuervo Gold or well Tequila next to Hornitos or, better still, a really nice pour like El Tessoro Reposado.

There is a tremendous difference in taste among brands and quality of spirits (not unlike wine). Maybe additional posts could specify folks' brand preferences. Ingredients for named drinks would be nice too.

I like the classics like a Margarita made with agave syrup, lime juice and El Tesoro. Favorite classic cocktails include an Aviation (with Maraschino Liquer, Bombay Sapphire Gin, fresh lemon juice and Creme de Violette. Sadly, few ships carry the Violette (or perhaps even the Maraschino).

Well I just rediscovered a classic cocktail this fall.:)

Order a Sidecar! Cognac, orange liquour, lemon juice. Shake, pour in a sugared rim martini glass... enjoy.

The sidecar has long been a favorite in our family but we like them over ice without the sugar rim.

Jose on the Constellation is a master sidecar maker! (sadly one of the other bartenders made them with bourbon one night……not good!)

Angela Z.

I love this drink. And I don't even like gin! On Princess they sell something called a Flirtini which is very similar.

French 75. I found most bartenders don't know it. Same parts Champagne and vodka, add lemon juice and simple syrup. The classic way is to use gin instead of vodka, but I'm not a big gin fan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The sidecar has long been a favorite in our family but we like them over ice without the sugar rim.

Jose on the Constellation is a master sidecar maker! (sadly one of the other bartenders made them with bourbon one night……not good!)

Angela Z.

Jose on the Constellation is the most wonderful bartender! On our recent voyage, he made me "something delicious" for 11 consecutive nights.

I'm a HUGE ginger beer fan:D

If they have it, order one of the following:

Moscow Mule - vodka

Gin-Gin Mule - gin

Ginger Margarita - tequila

Ginger Bourbon - of course bourbon

Tennessee Mule - Jack Daniels

Dark and Stormy - rum

Try any of those. Not too sweet. Not dark or heavy except Bourbon and dark and stormy. Trust me all of the above get the job done!:eek::p

Other than the classic martini' date=' I enjoy a dessert drink every evening! Anything with Bailey's, Slippery Nipple, Chocolate Martini, Orgasm, and Molecular bar ANYthing![/quote']

Seems to be a trend with your cocktails, ;)

I love bailey's as well.:cool:

Martinis, just get the premium alcohol package, plonk your bum on a seat at the Martini Bar and try everything on the list, twice or maybe even more :) then ask the bar staff for something different, they love to please when you get to know them. My most favourite was a Grass Hopper Martini, closely followed by the Black Forest Martini.

Martinis, just get the premium alcohol package, plonk your bum on a seat at the Martini Bar and try everything on the list, twice or maybe even more :) then ask the bar staff for something different, they love to please when you get to know them. My most favourite was a Grass Hopper Martini, closely followed by the Black Forest Martini.

Sounds like a plan!!

I'm a HUGE ginger beer fan:D

If they have it, order one of the following:

Moscow Mule - vodka

Gin-Gin Mule - gin

Ginger Margarita - tequila

Ginger Bourbon - of course bourbon

Tennessee Mule - Jack Daniels

Dark and Stormy - rum

Try any of those. Not too sweet. Not dark or heavy except Bourbon and dark and stormy. Trust me all of the above get the job done!:eek::p

Agree absolutely. Just off the 11/28 Celebrity Reflection. Our favourite drinks included : Dark and Stormy, (best!), Johnny Walker Red, plus anything with ginger beer. Others included Paris Screwdriver (classic version), classic gin martini, Bloody Caesar. Important to note that they have Clamato juice for Canadians looking for that. Mimosas every morning. Wente Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock Pinot Noir, Beringer Pinot Grigio and Rose.

The frozen drinks were huge and ok as a desert but impossible for a sipping drink. Dark rum drizzled on the top only made it a great desert with minimal alcohol.

Incidentally we never did get around to upgrading to Premium, our Classic package was really enjoyable.

Multiple wines, champagne, fun drinks and DH enjoyed a number of beers. After day 2 we decided no need to upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

If you want to finish the night of with a bang have a B52 its a layered drink in a shot glass , Baileys Kahlua and Grand Marnier , goes down warm and smooth and then toddle off to bed ! The beauty of it is its not filling unlike many other drinks . Hiccup

If you want to finish the night of with a bang have a B52 its a layered drink in a shot glass , Baileys Kahlua and Grand Marnier , goes down warm and smooth and then toddle off to bed ! The beauty of it is its not filling unlike many other drinks . Hiccup

They are nice and also potent:D

What is a Paris Screwdriver (classic version)? All I've heard of and drank is a "screwdriver", which is simply vodka and OJ ("fortified" orange juice as I like to call it).

Agree absolutely. Just off the 11/28 Celebrity Reflection. Our favourite drinks included : Dark and Stormy, (best!), Johnny Walker Red, plus anything with ginger beer. Others included Paris Screwdriver (classic version), classic gin martini, Bloody Caesar. Important to note that they have Clamato juice for Canadians looking for that. Mimosas every morning. Wente Cabernet Sauvignon, Castle Rock Pinot Noir, Beringer Pinot Grigio and Rose.

The frozen drinks were huge and ok as a desert but impossible for a sipping drink. Dark rum drizzled on the top only made it a great desert with minimal alcohol.

Incidentally we never did get around to upgrading to Premium, our Classic package was really enjoyable.

Multiple wines, champagne, fun drinks and DH enjoyed a number of beers. After day 2 we decided no need to upgrade.

Enjoy your cruise!

My husband upgraded his classic to premium as he likes to drink sparkling water all day and I stayed on the classic , we did a taste test with Margaritas , I asked the barman to make one with the house stuff the classic gets and the other with top

Shelf Liquor for the premium . We watched him make them then tried both , the top shelf was Soooo much smoother , the house spirits sour taste was over powering after drinking the other (so swapped husbands premium Margarita drink for my Classic [emoji12])

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Ru2on