Royal not so loyal

contessa1

I don't like Disney for their entertainment factor (not fan of their parks and such) but there customer service is the best. Royal needs to make note.

My gf and I own our own company (different companies) and if we get a resume from a former disney employee they get serious consideration and are practically shoe ins.

Point is if Royal wanted to get it done they would have, like Disney always does.

That's awesome, as a former cast member are you hiring? ;)

That's awesome, as a former cast member are you hiring? ;)

Yes we both are, we are in Fort Lauderdale, if you or anyone else on here is seriously considering a job and are a former good-standing Disney employee (especially customer service rep) we would want you.

I wonder why you don't see that what you want IS asking for special consideration. I wonder why others don't understand that a company DOES not have to make exceptions....and I am sure, websites like Cruise Critic are reasons why exceptions are not made more often.

I work for a company that historically gave in to every customer who wanted some special accommodation. And what did it get them, more and more repeat customers wanting even more 'special pricing considerations'. Now they stick to their policies and make it much easier on management and staff -- and viola, we still are doing wonderfully -- sales up over 13% in many of our stores and corporate wide over 8% -- without breaking the advertised policies.

I can totally see your point, but this site (and others) has so many examples of how people asking for something that is out of the norm is accommodated. Which gets me back to the different rules for USA customers and other countries like Australia. Why can't I get the same terms that the person in the cabin next to me is getting? The whole terms and conditions needs a huge overhaul. Make it simpler, and make it a blanket policy of not making any exceptions. I would be happy with that. But that is not what you see here. I get on a ship sailing out of Australasia, buy a future cruise in Aussie dollars and then when I ring I get told the ship had advised me of USA rules. That is total rubbish.

Sorry, I just don't quite understand why you feel you are so special that rules that pertain to everyone else should be waived for you.

Having said that, if you have cancel for any reason insurance, just go ahead and cancel.

But you are asking for special compensation. You're asking for them to ignore the cancellation rule. That is asking for special consideration that they aren't required to do.

When did people start expecting for profit corporations to be more hidebound than government agencies?

"The rules are the rules." Give me a break.

"We can't treat you any differently than anyone else." Really? Despite my being a very good customer? Do you really want me back?

"The system will show it as a cancellation." When did having computers decide best practice start to make sense? HAL, is that you?

Let me tell you a tale of woes regarding rigid rules. I had 84k miles balance in the United/Continental rewards programs. I had forgotten about the 18 mos. rule with expiring miles. Well lo and behold the miles were gone, except for 350 miles credited in on September 19, '15 for a hotel stay--most of miles expired on Sept. 1. Also, have a flight booked /paid in May, '15 for flight in Feb. '16 to cruise on Oasis.

Wrote to Customer Service of my ignorance to the miles expiration policy. Also, mentioned that I have a booked flight and had a relationship with United/Continental for some 40+ years and a courtesy heads up would have been appreciated so that I could have taken the ......

Weird- I recently had the same problem in October. Miles suddenly removed from our accounts for inactivity. Got the same initial answer and was equally frustrated.

Also had a flight booked for the future etc. The phone rep I spoke to actually called me back and reinstated our miles. She said that their policies had changed recently and she hadn't been aware.

So you may want to make one last call explaining your situation to someone else.

Edited by marci22

Ludicrous, I was tempted to respond with a simple "You are kidding, right", but I decided to simply ignore it.

It seems that so many companies run loyalty programs, but are really working at their hardest to get new customers. Unfortunately the staff you deal with would have little ability to take care of you, and no incentive or interest in chasing it up. Sometimes we have to look after our blood pressure and let things go through and be ignored. It is hard though, and very frustrating!

I just returned this morning from a 12 day western Caribbean on the Anthem.the ship is beautiful...the embarkation was quick and stress free...however it seems as if Royal's new concept of cruising on Anthem really falls flat.

Staff was wonderful,very helpful even though they seem to be out there on their own without much direction from management. Food was not good at all.once again staff tried their best but I've come to expect much more from Royal Caribbean and they definitely did not deliver.

That said, I am booked once again on the Jan. 25 cruise on the Anthem...same itinerary. Had I known before booking my January cruise that I would return home today for the first time in 30 cruises as disappointed as I am, I would never have booked a second one on Anthem.

I just got off the phone with a rep from Royal and asked if it is possible to change my sailing date and embarkation port from Anthem on 1/25 to Grandeur

From Baltimore on 2/3. I was promptly told no that this would be a cancellation.

This regardless of the fact that the sailing on the Grandeur was 10 days as opposed to the Anthem that was 2 days longer (12 days) and the Grandeur would cost me an additional $200 for a shorter time at sea. I asked for no price reduction, no special accommodations just a lateral move from one ship to another. The rep checked again with his supervisor and advised me that "the system" would view this as a cancellation and since final payment was already made I would be subject a penalty. I asked if this could not be done manually. I was told no...."the system will show it as a cancellation".

I am extremely annoyed at this point by Royal who apparently expects US to be loyal but when it comes to making an exception for a very Loyal customer I suppose the same treatment is not in order.

Contessa, I am sorry that you have received so much negativity in the replies.

Yes, you are asking for special consideration. But that's not so incredibly horrendous a request.

Can RC handle "special consideration"? Do they ever do this?

Yes and yes.

Twice they have accommodated me on "special consideration" which completely "violated their rules". Before anyone jumps on me, both instances were long before I was a frequent floater. ;)

If you have not already tried this, call C&A, not another customer service number. 800-526-9723

Calmly explain what you want, without expressing frustration that you have already been turned down.

For your and everyone else's information, there are only 10 cabins showing as available on her Anthem cruise. They will probably not have a problem reselling her cabin.

This person was not Happy with Anthem and wants to move to Grandeur! Sailing out of MD in the dead of winter what could possibly wrong! Let me count the things. Hope they remember to bring the bonine.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Somewhat geographically challenged, are we?

Anthem sails from Bayonne, New Jersey.

Grandeur sails from Baltimore, MD.

Why do you expect that changing from NJ to MD will result in an increased problem with weather?

:confused:

Ship changes must happen before final payment. If you're sailing next month, you're already past that.

She knows that. She was requesting that they make an exception to that rule, in light of the fact that she was trying to pay them MORE MONEY for the new cruise.

I once changed sailings 2 weeks prior to the original sailing date. Same ship but I had to move my date back one week due to work. (Done with that nonsense :D)

Called RCI and the first rep flat out said "NO".

I called back and the second rep said "Let me speak to my supervisor".

He came back on the line and said "We'll do it as a one time deal only but normally we wouldn't".

My case involved the same ship but I don't see what difference it would make.

So yes, it can be done but it might take a couple of phone calls to the right people.

Holy Heck...I guess I'll finally get to meet you, Ray. We are booked on Navigator 2/03/17. :D

Yep. I was on the Freedom for Feb 4th but changed to the Navigator last month. 1 extra day and a great itinerary. Looking forward to it. I'll be on the pool deck just chillin. :D

Handcuffs are prohibited on board and will be taken from you at security, even furry handcuffs. Don't ask me how I know this, just enjoy that fun fact!

Thank you. We are aware of that. It was just said in jest, from previous board topics. :D

I find it quite coincidental that those who posts complaints lately on this forum not only in RCCL but in other cruise lines as well are "newbies."

Seems many register lately just to post complaints...

There was one who even got his post deleted earlier by the moderator for the reason that complaints should be sent directly to the cruise line for them to take action and address them and not to post them here as cruise line representatives rarely read this forum so it is less likely to be addressed.

Weird- I recently had the same problem in October. Miles suddenly removed from our accounts for inactivity. Got the same initial answer and was equally frustrated.

Also had a flight booked for the future etc. The phone rep I spoke to actually called me back and reinstated our miles. She said that their policies had changed recently and she hadn't been aware.

So you may want to make one last call explaining your situation to someone else.

Was it the same airline and same circumstance.

There have been instances where minor mile on Delta and American that I received notice that said miles would expire and if I wanted to apply towards magazines.

Was it the same airline and same circumstance.

There have been instances where minor mile on Delta and American that I received notice that said miles would expire and if I wanted to apply towards magazines.

Was United. DH was losing about 55k miles, I was losing about 40k. A few months earlier, my son had received a warning notice, and I bought him an mp3 with miles. So I didn't think about it again as I hadn't gotten other warnings. I had a flight booked for this January, cancelled it because the time changed, and rebooked.

I told this all to the rep. She was understanding but said that was their policy and to write and request a reinstatement, which I did. She also said I could purchase reinstatement miles. But then she called me back several hours later, and told me she was mistaken, and that their policies had changed. Not sure if this is true or she just felt bad for me?

I had booked within the 18 month window, but the flight was out of the 18 month window.

Anyway both airmiles were reinstated that night.

ps also check to see if you have stayed at one of their hotel partners during that time. If you did, you can have them credit the stay to your Mileage Plus and United will reinstate your miles. Here is a list of the partners https://www.united.com/CMS/en-US/marketing/custcomm/promotions/Pages/HotelPartners.aspx

Edited by marci22

If the reason you need to change / cancel was due to a medical reason with a doctor's note even if you did not have insurance they would work with you. I don't see why they need to change the rules simply because you changed your mind on going on this cruise. I understand your frustration but imagine if they did this and you posted on these boards that they made an exception they would be getting thousands of calls of people trying to do the same.

I agree that Disney has great customer service however what was posted is apples to oranges on what they OP is stating. Disney cruise line is not as flexible as their parks, If you tried to do the same as the OP on a Disney cruise you would have the same results without "cancel for any reason" insurance

Hope you go with an open mind and speak with the dining room manager the first day on the ship and nicely tell them your issues on this cruise and hopefully they will make it better for you

I also had a situation where I needed to change the sail date (no insurance) after final payment. I don't recall what the reason was but the new sail date I picked cost a bit more than the one I was not taking.

RCL worked with me and allowed me to change. I think the fact that the new cruise cost more did not hurt. Like Carol (Merion Mom) said, call back at the number she gave you.

Good luck