Empress OTS to be home-ported at Miami

MADflyer

Looking at OS on Empress...

Does anyone know which OS is bigger?

7006, 7506, 8506 (Forward OSs), or 9184, 8184 (Aft OSs).

The forward ones look bigger but it seems there is no balcony. The Aft ones look smaller but the balcony looks a lot bigger.

Anyone have insight?

I booked 8506 for 11 April and the CSR said that the balcony for that cabin is 288 ft sq. The balcony for the aft OS are 140 ft sq so even though it looks like there is no balcony on the forward cabin, there is. 8506 is larger as well as the balcony. Excellent C&A discount (58%).

We just booked the May 28th sailing also. Prices were so good, we just couldn't resist! Great way to celebrate the Memorial Day weekend.

Wonder how long those great C&A discounts will continue? Hoping they will continue when the Summer and Fall sailings are released,

Can anyone who is Diamond or Diamond Plus do a fake booking for 5 night empress and tell me what the total price is?

D+ OS (8506) 5 nights Cozumel and Costa Maya (not mock...actual)

Base price $3810

BOGO -$908

C&A -$1252

Other random BOGO discount -$45 (no idea what this one is)

Net base price $1605

I noticed the same thing awhile back. It looks like a public area to me, however I do not know for sure.

I don't think there is access, if you go to the video and stop it at 5:30, you will see those openings shown in the picture are part of the "equipment" area.

Maybe they can have the Diamond Sailaway party there.:)

We just booked the May 28th sailing also. Prices were so good, we just couldn't resist! Great way to celebrate the Memorial Day weekend.

Wonder how long those great C&A discounts will continue? Hoping they will continue when the Summer and Fall sailings are released,

I did see an access door with a round window in the video posted before and when I zoom in on 'google search' photos you do see a door. Guess time will tell but I am hoping :) :)

I don't think there is access, if you go to the video and stop it at 5:30, you will see those openings shown in the picture are part of the "equipment" area.

Maybe they can have the Diamond Sailaway party there.:)

That's not the area I am speaking of.

I'm looking at the area above the bow, on the same deck as the suites, in the center.

This ship was originally with Royal Caribbean between the years of 1990 and 2008, before being transferred to sister line Pullmantur. She was named Nordic Empress until 2004, when Royal changed her name to Empress of the Seas.

If I remember, she was originally built for Admiral Cruise lines and the line was purchased by Royal Caribbean.

I also couldn't pass up the C&A savings on top of the BOGO1/2. Doing a b2b starting 4/30 ending 5/9. 9 night cruise for a tad more than $1200 after pre-paid tips, taxes and fees, can't be passed up.

Can't help but be worried this pricing is a mistake. I know there isn't much time to fill her but she does only hold 2000 people.

Website is still jacked up, last night when I looked it had the ship in Cozumel and the Cayman's on the same night. Now it shows it being in the Cayman's only but the shore excursion list Cozumel.

Wow, the C&A rates are awesome!

I was checking out the June 11 5N KW and GC sailing. Regular $2300 + $300 OBC for JS with 3 people. C&A price of $1500. That's a hefty savings!

I just jumped on the May 14th 5-night sailing. 3 people in a JS for $1400!!

Edited by Sunkissed Mommy

Looking at prices now for June. I am currently booked on 3 night Majesty in an OV. For 4 nights on Empress, I can sail for $300 less in OV. Why the big price difference?

I was in the same boat, so to speak: we were booked on a 3-night Majesty sailing for Memorial Day in a standard OV. Snagged a (hopefully) bigger OV on a longer cruise for a similar rate on Empress, give or take a few bucks. Cancelled Majesty.

I was in the same boat, so to speak: we were booked on a 3-night Majesty sailing for Memorial Day in a standard OV. Snagged a (hopefully) bigger OV on a longer cruise for a similar rate on Empress, give or take a few bucks. Cancelled Majesty.

Really not sure that Empress is an upgrade. Good luck.

Edited by John&LaLa

Some of those Insides must be truly tiny.

Did a TA on Vision in an Inside and that was small but looks like Empress has even smaller offerings !

Yeah, even the "big" suites on the Empress are small by comparison to similar cabins on the bigger ships. While the balcony on the OS (5604) is larger than the balcony on the Freedom Class OS balcony (288 ft sq on Empress vs 160 ft sq on the Freedom Class), the room itself is much smaller (272 ft sq for Empress OS vs 622 ft sq for the Freedom Class OS).

Yeah, even the "big" suites on the Empress are small by comparison to similar cabins on the bigger ships. While the balcony on the OS (5604) is larger than the balcony on the Freedom Class OS balcony (288 ft sq on Empress vs 160 ft sq on the Freedom Class), the room itself is much smaller (272 ft sq for Empress OS vs 622 ft sq for the Freedom Class OS).

Someone good at photoshop should overlap a Empress OS on top of Freedom OS deck plan and an Empress OS on top of Freedom GS.

See how much different their truly is.

Someone good at photoshop should overlap a Empress OS on top of Freedom OS deck plan and an Empress OS on top of Freedom GS.

See how much different their truly is.

Sorry I did not get you that pricing sooner, but glad someone else did.

I will see if the ships are both on cruise deck plans dot com. they have a drag deck feature to overlay within one ship. I will see if I can cut and paste like you suggested would be interesting. I have no photoshop skills so can't do it well though.