Need ideas on how to present a Cruise as Christmas present for the wife.

I booked a Feb '16 on Liberty in June '14. It's been bookked and paid for since May'15. The wife has no clue. It'll make a nice Christmas gift for us. I'm looking for ideas on how to go about it.

Print the Set Sail passes, place in the stocking?

Giftwrap and place under the tree?

How would you do this?

Have you been on the giving end?

The receiving end?

Gift wrap Set Sail & Luggage Tags. I would have loved to have surprised our daughter a year ago with the trip to Sydney, Australia and her first cruise, however she needed to let her agent know the dates so her jobs weren't booked. She travels the States with her Australia Show to the State Fairs.

Put a bunch of gifts under the tree that she has to fake smile over and thank you for...

So if your cruise is going to Mexico, put 1 gift with a mexican towel, another gift as a sombero, etc with 5 or 6 gifts. Then in a huge box she opens last put the set sail pass

We gifted my MIL with a cruise for a significant birthday. I made up a certificate with the details such as ship, dates and itinerary and printed it on nice paper. You could put it in a frame if you want to gift wrap or roll it and tie with ribbon to put in her stocking.

It's a lovely gift :) enjoy your Christmas, and your cruise!

I gave my son and daughter and their families, this past Christmas, a cruise on Oasis for this coming Easter week. I typed a nice invite on Microsoft Word and included all of the specifics, including airfare and limo to/from the airport and from/to airport to the cruise pier. Enclosed the invite, including a picture/layout of Oasis from the RCL's worldwide vacation planner book, in a colorful envelope. Wrapped a ribbon around the envelope and had them open the envelopes at the same time--Boy, were they surprised and ecstatic. My 3 granddaughters, the oldest who was seven at that time, began asking questions as she could not fathom the size of this vessel and kept asking if Oasis was bigger than a ferry that she recently rode. Will she be shocked when we board her and get the first look at the promenade.

I've done it 3 times. The first 2 times, I created a DVD using pictures/videos of the ship and ports that I found online. The last time, I figured she's probably catching on to my tricks so I just told her.

You might put the airline tickets in a card and tell her to pack accordingly (not telling her you're going on a cruise) then let the real surprise happen when you reach the ship.

Wrap up a few gifts that she can take on the cruise. Sunglasses, a beach bag, cute sandals. You could even put sunscreen in her stocking. The last thing she opens could be the set sail pass!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Wow, some very nice ideas . I knew a few of you would step up and make some suggestions. I like them. I think I'll mix a few together. I really like the ideas of buying a few small gifts, such as the sunglasses, beach bag, & sun screen. I also think the use of a RCL photo alum w/ "Insert Feb 2106 Cruise Pictures here". The album we have is actually two sided when opened. So I'm thinking of putting the Set Sail passes on the opposite side. Then have her open them in a certain order. I'll post on how it goes.

Thanks for your help everyone!

Here's a link to a thread explaining what I did a few years ago when they were doing their "sea is calling" ad campaign. It worked great. I imagine you could do something similar.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1752170&page=4

Skip to post 64 if you want to cut to the chase. I linked a video I made of the present being opened. The family was super impressed. :D

Additional info on the package is included in a video linked in post 45. Cost me all of about $5 to make.

Edited by 71Corvette

I surprised my husband a couple of years ago and didn't tell him until the day before we left. I had three separate gifts bags. First was his passport, second was a new bathing suit for me, third was a little toy boat. Just make sure you hide a video camera and catch the reaction to relive the memories for years to come!