Would you rather have?? Opinions

atdahop

I would only take the obstructed oceanview if the view didn't have a big orange tender in front of it. If no limited obstruction oceanview rooms are open, I would definitely go for the inside cabin and save a bit of $.

Now, if the inside cabins are under a public deck, we're back to the obstructed oceanview. However, if there are a lot of tender ports, if the lifeboat in front of you is one of the ones they are using, that can cause quite a bit of commotion in the morning....know what I mean. All depends on how heavy / light a sleeper you are.

Obstructed ocean view. DH is slightly prone to motion sickness so he's got to be able to see the horizon. I've done an inside cabin once with my sister and it was fine. I agree that insides are great for sleeping, but overall I'd rather have a window than extra closet space.

Normally I won't cruise without a balcony. But we recently won a free inside 7 day so we are choosing C106 on the Crown. We are bringing extra luggage to transport stuff to our condo in PV so the extra room will be very useful for us. Also it is the farthest forward cabin so I know we won't have to worry about noisy people passing us by all the time and there are cabins above and below us so that shouldn't be noisy either. I am fine with turning the TV on for "natural light" from the bridge cam....can even leave it on all night if I want to "see the sunrise" :p But I will certainly be posting pictures and a review when we return as this is our first time on Princess or in one of these cabins.

We had a sideways inside on Coral and it did indeed have a hallway into the cabin. We felt it made very good use of space. Sideways insides on other Princess ships also have more usable space. EM

No hallway on the Regal/Royal sideways........entrance door opens one foot from your bed. No bedroom privacy if you have to open the door. Sailing alone, it doesn't matter. Not when I sail with my DW, this is just me, Regular inides to me have better closet space...............IMHO

ANY room you can afford and live with is a great cabin.......I know people that book suites because they have tubs. My sister wont cruise without a balcony, even though she spends hardly any time there.

I once thought I had to have at least a window. Now I book the best value (usually inide) and ive been lucky. Im upgraded 80% of the time.

The moral of cruise life--book early for the best price and cabin.....if you wait, your cabin choices may be limited :)

happy cruising

Edited by blkspy

I'm a big fan of inside cabins. Most of my cruises have been in one, and I've been very happy with them. That said, I'm not sure if I'd like a sideways inside. I've never been in one, but from the photos I've seen I don't like the idea of having the bed right at the door to the cabin. It seems like you would hear hallway noise more, and the hall lights would bleed into the cabin. Plus, my wife likes to take a nap in the afternoon. If I opened the door while she was doing that, it would be easily visible to people walking past the cabin. So in this case, I would prefer an obstructed view cabin.

Would you rather have a sideways interior cabin...larger... or an obstructed Ocean View cabin?

Obstructed ocean view is my go to on the grand class ships. Some are really not obstructed which has been my luck. I have only sailed in an inside once and all I can say is never again. I'm reluctant to sail on the Royal class ships because I'm not willing to pay what they are asking for an obstructed balcony. I'd rather sail on another line than book an inside on the Royal or Regal.

I think I would rather have neither of those, but given that choice you gave,obstructed Oceanview.

My choice is always any cabin whether it's a mini suite or regular ; a balcony. :)Julie

I agree that neither would be a choice....but I also agree that I would take a view of the ocean at least whether it be obstructed or not.

The only way I would be in an interior is if it was given to me and there was a hope of an upsell or the upgrade fairy was still flying around. If stuck with an interior I would have to time it that the only time in the cabin was to change clothes to get the heck out of there.

I'm a big fan of inside cabins. Most of my cruises have been in one, and I've been very happy with them. That said, I'm not sure if I'd like a sideways inside. I've never been in one, but from the photos I've seen I don't like the idea of having the bed right at the door to the cabin. It seems like you would hear hallway noise more, and the hall lights would bleed into the cabin. Plus, my wife likes to take a nap in the afternoon. If I opened the door while she was doing that, it would be easily visible to people walking past the cabin. So in this case, I would prefer an obstructed view cabin.

This is exactly what I've stated. :) I sgree 100%

Edited by blkspy

I may have missed something here. Is there actually a website/link for the Obstructed View cabins with Princess? We have done both and prefer the Obstructed Ocean View. Two new (to us) ships are on our agenda and we would really like to have a "preview" if available. We've viewed deck plans but the "real deal" is always the best!

Thanks in advance!

msk1

I may have missed something here. Is there actually a website/link for the Obstructed View cabins with Princess? We have done both and prefer the Obstructed Ocean View. Two new (to us) ships are on our agenda and we would really like to have a "preview" if available. We've viewed deck plans but the "real deal" is always the best!

Thanks in advance!

msk1

Here is a link to a wonderful site.

https://sites.google.com/site/cabinviewbyrenmar/

We decided on the Obstructed Ocean View instead of the inside. I really wanted to try the sideways insides but my Hubby wanted daylight. I used the link that I provided in my last post to select one that has almost no obstruction.. This will be our first Ocean View. We have always sailed in a Mini or Suite on Princess. Other than the tub the Princess mini is like RCl & Celebrity balcony cabins.

This was less than half the cost of a mini and for a short cruise we are going to give it a try. Hope we won't feel too cramped.

Thanks to all who gave opinions.

We decided on the Obstructed Ocean View instead of the inside. I really wanted to try the sideways insides but my Hubby wanted daylight. I used the link that I provided in my last post to select one that has almost no obstruction.. This will be our first Ocean View. We have always sailed in a Mini or Suite on Princess. Other than the tub the Princess mini is like RCl & Celebrity balcony cabins.

This was less than half the cost of a mini and for a short cruise we are going to give it a try. Hope we won't feel too cramped.

Thanks to all who gave opinions.

Now that you've carefully selected your cabin for its lack of obstruction, be sure that your travel agent (or you by calling Princess, if you booked direct) marks your cabin as Do Not Upgrade. You don't want to take the chance of being upgraded from, for example, a category OZ with a great view to a higher category OV with a completely blocked view. It could happen.

Now that you've carefully selected your cabin for its lack of obstruction, be sure that your travel agent (or you by calling Princess, if you booked direct) marks your cabin as Do Not Upgrade. You don't want to take the chance of being upgraded from, for example, a category OZ with a great view to a higher category OV with a completely blocked view. It could happen.

Thank you, I am going to call now.. Never thought about that.