Would you rather have?? Opinions

atdahop

I'd take the obstructed view cabin. I don't pick it to sit and look out the window but for the natural light in the morning. If you pick your cabin well you can find one with a limited obstruction and an OK view outside.

Ocean View.

Have you looked at the fun website that shows the obstructed views? I always find it by searching obstructed ocean views. It is great to see how blocked the windows are for each cabin.

I had just such a cabin on the Crown and loved it. One day I looked out and MY lifeboat was gone. One day workmen were out there so you do have to be careful. The view was great.

You can always close the drapes for a nap. You can't throw them open in an Inside cabin.

I wish I could afford a balcony or better but for now... lower the solo rates please.

4boysnana

I agree on the obstructed ocean view.

DH disagrees, having just sailed in one on the Emerald for two weeks last fall as well as a couple of other cruises.

He does have a point that they can tend to disturb your early morning sleep. Even though trying to be quiet, metal doors and ramps just outside your window are used surprisingly often by crew doing maintenance work. Also at tender ports they start lowering those lifeboats VERY early in the morning.

Just something to keep in mind if you have not made your final decision yet.

I like the sideways cabins.

I've had both and, of the two, I prefer the inside, side facing cabin on the Royal and Regal. It would be lovely to have a balcony or obstructed view, but if I need to see what's happening outside, I turn on the TV to the bridge cam. I'm a solo-sailor so an inside is always my first choice. Maybe when I win a power ball lottery I'll go back to staying in an Owners suite. LOL

Maureen

Would you rather have a sideways interior cabin...larger... or an obstructed Ocean View cabin?

Having had both....obstructed OV, no question. Which I realize is opposite from what Maureen just posted. I found the extra room of the sideways cabin was mostly in the closet/dressing area, which is nice, but there is no hallway into the room and we found that noisy and a bit inconvenient. And while we have been in insides several times, I would always pick an OV over an inside for the natural light. The TV trick works OK, and we use it when in an inside, but the natural light is preferable for us.

Edited by cherylandtk

I've had both and, of the two, I prefer the inside, side facing cabin on the Royal and Regal. It would be lovely to have a balcony or obstructed view, but if I need to see what's happening outside, I turn on the TV to the bridge cam. I'm a solo-sailor so an inside is always my first choice. Maybe when I win a power ball lottery I'll go back to staying in an Owners suite. LOL

Maureen

Maureen is my pal, but I really dislike Sideways for one main reason. Once you open your door, your bedroom is exposed to all. And yes it is noisy.

Id feel uncomfortable if my wife is laying in bed and I had to open my door....say I ordered room service at 1am. And a group of late night drinkers passed as I was dealing with the tray. I just dont like the idea of my wife in bed being exposed like that. Call me a silly nilly. Obstructed oceanview are great cabins. You get some sun and some have reasonable views.....no more side ways for me.

Edited by blkspy