Luggage limit?

JABrown104

Is there a limit to how many pieces of luggage each person can bring?

I am an overpacker. No matter how many times someone tells me im not going to need 5 pairs of shoes and all those dresses, im still gonna bring it.

So at what point will Carnival tell me sorry but you cant bring that?

It will be my husband and myself only. Figured we would probably bring two big suitcases, two small suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack each.

Will this be allowed? Carnival website states they "encourage" guests to limit themselves to 2 suitcases.

Edited by JABrown104

Remember all that stuff will be stored in the cabin. Which is only so big. You can take as much as you want. (also remember that your carry on will be carried around with you until the cabin is ready which is about 1:30 or so)

curious that you say two big suitcases, two small suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack EACH?

Gone are the fancy dinner so really no suit is needed. no fancy dresses.

Remember all that stuff will be stored in the cabin. Which is only so big. You can take as much as you want. (also remember that your carry on will be carried around with you until the cabin is ready which is about 1:30 or so)

curious that you say two big suitcases, two small suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack EACH?

Gone are the fancy dinner so really no suit is needed. no fancy dresses.

How many bags can you drop off for the porter? I figured we'd just carry the backpacks until our room is ready.

I know I overpack...... so does husband, but not as much as me.

We are going to dress up both nights. We are looking forward to it.

Beds are fairly low, so not all large cases will fit under. And floor space is tight, so if you were to leave all your luggage sitting around you will probably trip over it a lot. That said, I am a 9-12 pairs of shoes, 6-8 dresses packer myself, and it all fits into one soft suitcase, so maybe you won't need as much luggage as you think.

Beds are fairly low, so not all large cases will fit under. And floor space is tight, so if you were to leave all your luggage sitting around you will probably trip over it a lot. That said, I am a 9-12 pairs of shoes, 6-8 dresses packer myself, and it all fits into one soft suitcase, so maybe you won't need as much luggage as you think.

Heres hoping I can fit it all in one big one!!

The porters are loading bags for the entire passenger manifest. More bags = more work = more tips. They don't care how many belong to any individual or couple. Just be sure all your bags are tagged with your room number and tip appropriately.

The porters are loading bags for the entire passenger manifest. More bags = more work = more tips. They don't care how many belong to any individual or couple. Just be sure all your bags are tagged with your room number and tip appropriately.

I read on a post that $1 a bag is appropriate. Thoughts?

Is there a limit to how many pieces of luggage each person can bring?

I am an overpacker. No matter how many times someone tells me im not going to need 5 pairs of shoes and all those dresses, im still gonna bring it.

So at what point will Carnival tell me sorry but you cant bring that?

It will be my husband and myself only. Figured we would probably bring two big suitcases, two small suitcases, a duffel bag, and a backpack each.

Will this be allowed? Carnival website states they "encourage" guests to limit themselves to 2 suitcases.

while here is no limit there is NOT a lot of storage space. the cabins are tiny and do you want to be tripping over suitcases the entire time?!

it is just my husband and I too. one large suitcase, one garment bag and we each have a carry on. this includes a Kilt and Dress uniform for him, with all the accouterments, and formal gowns for me.

there is NO REASON whatsoever to pack that much for a week.

There are multiple threads on tipping for all aspects of cruising. The amount of tips in each particular situation is a hot button issue on CC. Personally, I tip what I would tip a hotel bellman. 'Nough said.

We will be driving to the port.

I was reading that you can store luggage under the bed. Is this true?

Depends on the cruise line and cabin as well as the luggage manufacturer. For example, a 28" Travelpro platinum series roller will not fit under most cruiseline beds (even with the top flap opened out). On the other hand, it's the "gold standard" with lifetime repairs guaranteed. Stick them in the closet.

200 LBs per person on most cruise lines....if you meet that limit..you're bringing too much crap!

Another urban legend that somehow keeps popping up.

While some cruise lines have suggested limits in their FAQs of either number of bags or size of individual bags (the days of cedar steamer trunks are long gone) no one has ever offered proof of a specific cruise line having a clause in their Passage Contract with a maximum total weight of a passenger's luggage.

Does the word "each" apply just to the backpack or are you actually going to bring 2 bigs, 2 smalls, 1 duffle and 1 backpack EACH. If the 2nd option applies, this means that you will be bringing a total of 10 bags plus 2 backpacks.

Inquiring minds want to know.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

You're going on Carnival which has self-service laundries.

For my last three cruises, which were two-week ones, I packed two pairs of shoes and wore my walking shoes onto the ship. I'm just not a shoe person. We did do some laundry during our cruise (we can't use the ship's laundry service due to an allergy to regular detergent) and would wear some items more than once. My hubby hates bringing a lot of stuff, so I have to watch how much I bring so I don't incur some :rolleyes:

Does the word "each" apply just to the backpack or are you actually going to bring 2 bigs, 2 smalls, 1 duffle and 1 backpack EACH. If thks, this means that you will be bringing a total of 10 bags plus 2 backpacks.

DON

Another urban legend that somehow keeps popping up.

While some cruise lines have suggested limits in their FAQs of either number of bags or size of individual bags (the days of cedar steamer trunks are long gone) no one has ever offered proof of a specific cruise line having a clause in their Passage Contract with a maximum total weight of a passenger's luggage.

i am sure i read for my cruise 32 kg limit and up to 2 suitcases checked including not the backpack i had

Edited by Hawka

Does the word "each" apply just to the backpack or are you actually going to bring 2 bigs, 2 smalls, 1 duffle and 1 backpack EACH. If the 2nd option applies, this means that you will be bringing a total of 10 bags plus 2 backpacks.

DON

OMG 10 bags and 2 backpacks. even I am not that crazy!! LOL

it would be 5 bags plus the carry on backpacks. and really, the duffel will prob only carry our snorkel gear, and shoes.

I would tip more than $1 per bag. We tend to tip $5-10 (depending on location) for luggage handling at hotels, airports, etc., and we always have less bags than what you are talking about taking. For 5 bags checked with the porters, no way would I only give $5. But that's me.. I'm one of those you-get-what-you-pay-for people, and I want my bags handled well.