Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

So I believe "we" are still being steered toward once a day service.

12744123_10208642820330654_7825813555401099424_n.jpg.27fc813792717ee6dc2dcb457217a7fc.jpg

It's really not that hard.....Just Check Both morning and night if that's what you want

But if you checked Both and then were told Sorry you can only check one or the other well then that would be a whole nother matter

2 weeks ago on the Ecstasy my steward asked me if I wanted early or late, I told him BOTH and he said "sure, sure" no problem, checked both. He asked about robes and ice, I said yes and told him extra ice, no problem. We had robes, extra ice, service twice a day. He received an extra tip and some left-over booze, not sure what happened to the booze but the tip disappeared.

I told my room steward last week on the Dream that I wanted service both morning and night. He told me that I had to choose one on the form. He said we could get service the other time if we just called him to request it. :mad:

We ended up marking night on the form and put out the Cruisin sign after we left the room each morning. We would come back to our room made up.

So, I was unhappy right off the bat when I was told I could have it but only if I made a point of requesting it each day. I ended up being happy that the room steward did what we wanted him to do.

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

So I believe "we" are still being steered toward once a day service.

Your not supposed to be smart enough to realize this according to Carnival:)

The card introduces confusion when it asks what the "best time to tidy up" may be. To me, "best" means ONE, regardless of any other instruction at the top. There can only be one "best" choice, especially when given two options.

See, this is what happens in a world where everyone gets a trophy...people forget what "best" means.

I would still tick both (maybe).

I really am ok with just one visit from the room steward, but OP, I cant quite make out what the other extras say. Is there a place to ask for ice bucket and ice? If there is, then I would tick just evening turn down service with ice bucket filled. If that is not an option, then I would tick both morning and evening turndown, and then order my ice from room service at night. And if I get any attitude, I will just not tip "extra" at the end of the cruise, as is my usual habit. They give me attitude, no extra tip.

Edited by SMSACE6

We were on Dream last month for the 21 day journey. We were given the card it saying morning OR evening. As well as steward told us ONCE a day. I let him know it didn't make me happy. He said he had been doing 25 cabins twice a day (50 cleanings), now 35 cabins once a day. Also acted as if he now had more work and hard to keep up. Told me he would get me ice in the mornings if I asked. We asked ONE morning and he had to go a long way down the hall......he didn't seem happy. So less servicing to the cabins, but tips stay the same. A little inconvenient with towels depending on what ya do. Sometimes need more that 2 towels a day. We had sand on the carpet for 5 days til we finally asked for it to be vacuumed. Said the next day was day for vacuuming, but he would do it that evening. In 41 cruises with CCL we have never experienced anything like this trip. Getting twice a day wasn't going o happen long story short.

Kat

I can't figure out why so many people can't see what is plainly in your face, but then I can't figure out why so many people are taken in by clear scams either.

Let's say you have never heard of cruise critic or any other cruise board.

You walk in your cabin and you're greeted by your room steward. He give you a list to check off.

One of the items says please help us by telling us the best time to service your room and are given two choices.

In anybody with any about of intelligence, best clearly means make a choice between the two.

If if said, when would you like your room serviced and had two choices, clearly you could pick either or both.

I think John is a liar and I bet within two years it will be one or the other and not both.

I could live without any, but I truly feel I pay for two times in my fare and in my tips.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

There are always four people in our cabin, two of them children. We will be on Magic in November and will request both. I'm not gonna hang towels all around the cabin from our morning showers so that we can use after sitting around a beach to shower. Last time, we brought 'home' plenty of sand and I called to ask for a vacuum. I don't need my sheets changed daily, but I need towels in morning and when I come back to clean for dinner.

I will be satisfied with one service a day. We don't make a mess and never get more than one service a day in any hotel we've stayed in around the world. I prefer the evening since sometimes we don't want to get up early and it's easy to pull the blankets up on the bed and then we can take a nap after breakfast without having to stay out of the way for a while. People have gotten spoiled over the years I guess.

This is interesting. If all the ships have changed their stewards from 25 rooms per day to 35, that means if everyone chose 2x a day cleaning the steward would go from 50x a day cleaning to 70x. On top of that, if it makes people mad they have to ask for 2x cleaning that some will remove their tips, I have to say the only loser is the steward.

Now, I like the specialness of getting the 2x a day cleaning but I can't say I like it at the stewards expense. I can deal with a 1x a day, and it would be morning for me.

It would be nice to get a real, clear, truthful, across the fleet answer bit I will not hold my breath. ;)

As long as the tip remains and did not lower I am going to get both! Should my cabin steward tell me only once I complain to the head of housekeeping, I do not want to use old towels, I like it clean just like I keep my bathrooms at home. I do not want to make bed and I don't want to fetch my own ice, I keep my room tidy as I do at home but I want the luxury's of being away which means bed made, bed turned down, fresh ice and fresh towels. If my cabin steward still gives me a problem and tells me only once and if the housekeeping manager tells me only once I cut the tip immediately you be sure the cabin stewards won't want that they do it twice for the money!

I can't believe how many of you people are so cheap and selfish. So they are cutting back to keep costs down.

You want more service? Just give your room steward an extra $10 tip at the beginning of your cruise for ice and towel service. It's amazing what a little bribe will get you.

An extra $10-20 is not going to kill any of you. In the whole grand scheme of a $2000 or more cruise, I think we could all get by with one less drink for the week.

Edited by HawkIVette

If they do it once a day, that's fine with me. I'll take the morning please.

I'm not fooled. Or worried. I know how to ask for clean towels just like I do at a hotel where they clean your room once per day.

They can save a few more minutes on my cabin by not bothering with the towel animal. For as cute as they are, I really couldn't care less.

And no I'm adjusting tips whatsoever. And will tip extra for great service at the end. Maybe in the beginning if I feel like it. ;)

As long as the tip remains and did not lower I am going to get both! Should my cabin steward tell me only once I complain to the head of housekeeping, I do not want to use old towels, I like it clean just like I keep my bathrooms at home. I do not want to make bed and I don't want to fetch my own ice, I keep my room tidy as I do at home but I want the luxury's of being away which means bed made, bed turned down, fresh ice and fresh towels. If my cabin steward still gives me a problem and tells me only once and if the housekeeping manager tells me only once I cut the tip immediately you be sure the cabin stewards won't want that they do it twice for the money!

I guess you toooolllllllllllllllllllllllddd them!:rolleyes:

I could handle 1 x a day, back in the day when I first started out I worked in housekeeping at a hotel. I KNOW how it is to clean up after others who many times don't care about the mess they leave for others. I teach now and I try my level best not to leave a mess for the janitor each day. I carry that over when I travel and try to leave towels in one spot, all garbage cans in one spot, I stack plates at restaurants.. I know I'm weird:D I don't feel like we leave the cabin a mess for our steward but one time a day with a towel animal, double the towels and ice and I'd be good. Oh and bigger trash cans!!! What's up with the trash cans that you fill up with one water bottle and a soda can!!!