caught with rum runners

I got called out of the check in line at PC in the terminal. Had to follow a guy where two men were standing over my big suitcase. I had to open it and lift everything out while they stood back. I think my 1 liter bottle of water looked like a bomb.

They walked me back and put me back in the line with my friends. Who were not worried about me. They figured there would be more room in the cabin if I was detained

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

thats what friends are for

I thought they were not professional, also why did it take 6 hours from the time a gave them my bags till be called and bag was unlocked they could have checked to see it was not a banned item. my main complaint was I wanted a name on who held my bag and nobody would give me a name. There should be a RCCL officer there and there was not, also they should carry the bag to your suite if its there fault, would not have compainled if it was my fault.

Still not justification to go in and yell at them, in my opinion

On another board, someone asked for first hand accounts of, as he called it, that "mysterious" naughty room. No matter what anyone posted, he just didn't want to believe anyone and still referred to it as "a figment of people's imagination" and that "enigmatic" room.

So, just where were all you people?:D I think he expected to see a special, dedicated room with a plaque on the door that said NAUGHTY ROOM.:D

"Yep, but I can't really post my method here, of course. All I can say is that it's more of a "right-in-front-of-their-face" approach. Far more foolproof than Rum Runners ;)"

I believe this is the method to which he refers.

Lolol!

I thought they were not professional, also why did it take 6 hours from the time a gave them my bags till be called and bag was unlocked they could have checked to see it was not a banned item. my main complaint was I wanted a name on who held my bag and nobody would give me a name. There should be a RCCL officer there and there was not, also they should carry the bag to your suite if its there fault, would not have compainled if it was my fault.

In case you are not aware, no business or employee of any business should ever give out names or personal info of any employee to an irate person, or a person that is not irate. Security personal, which are the people that scan thousands of bags, are part of the safety team, as well as watching out for items that may/or may not be permitted. Your bag was dinged with an object of interest. So what did you plan on doing with the name of a security person? Report them to the Captain that they identified an object of interest in an x-ray?

I walk through TSA, and do the big fancy scanning machine, and at least every other time, they ask to pat my back down. I have no idea, but for some reason, the scanner dings me of a position in my back as an area of interest. Should I report them for doing their job? I don't like all the hassles, but they are their, doing their job, and I must live with it. I accept it, and move to the chair afterwards to put my shoes back on.

Yelling and asking for employee names, will always make you stand out, and you will become a person of interest for further scrutiny.

Nice embarrassment effect also.....:D

No embarrassment for us. We've been called to security many times to open our luggage and have been treated with respect and never were embarrassed.

If one has an acceptable item such as a bottle of water, it is no big deal - you open the bag, they take a look, are thanked and you walk away. If you have something you should not, as long as it is legal, it is also no big deal. They take it, thank you and you walk away. Depending on the item, you may or may not get it back at the end of the cruise.

We pack our water in a snorkel bag, that way it we are called to security to open the bag, we can wait till the second day (or late the first evening) as we generally don't need anything in that bag for the first evening.

M

If you are caught with rum runners and your luggage is not locked, do they just remove them and send you your luggage or do you have to go to the "naughty room"?

We got our luggage with a nice note saying that we could collect them at the end of the cruise, of course they left the 3 cans of beer and 2 bottles of rum that were in the same suitcase. This was on the Adventure 2 years ago out of San Juan. The usual RC random enforcement. That's what makes people try. Since then we have just packed the bottles of rum in the suitcase and had no problems.

Edited by LeesSummitCruiser1

I do agree with this. On one cruise, we had a bag that was NEVER delivered. No one called us into the naughty room, the suitcase was just not delievered. We contacted Guest Service several times, but still no show. So we just went to bed thinking that eventually it would be delivered over night, but it wasn't. I wake up, go to Guest Services and they sent me to security (naughty room). Keep in mind this was at 6am on the first morning of the cruise. Security tells me they do not havr my luggage. So back to GS. Well guess what, for some reason, the suitcase was sitting right behind the front counter door. Frustrated as all hell, I just grabbed it and wheeled it up myself instead of requesting someone to deliver it. We still have absolutely no clue as to why the suitcase was not delivered and sitting at guest Services. Nothing was missing.

Going to the Naughty Room is just like getting sent to the Principal's office when you were ten.

Only if there were 50 other students sent there at the same time. (or so I'm told) the line can be long. (again according to what I'm told)

my husband had to rescue his bag from the naughty room once, he had his scuba gear with him and he had a tool that looked like a knife. When he came back he was laughing and told me he could not believe what was in the room, aside from the usual alcohol, hair dryer, there were coffee pots, and 1 electric frying pan, I could picture someone fishing off the deck and cooking their own lunch

my husband had to rescue his bag from the naughty room once, he had his scuba gear with him and he had a tool that looked like a knife. When he came back he was laughing and told me he could not believe what was in the room, aside from the usual alcohol, hair dryer, there were coffee pots, and 1 electric frying pan, I could picture someone fishing off the deck and cooking their own lunch

I think they were planning on heating up there leftovers now that there is a charge for room service:D

Security kept my bag with the wine opener but bag with my cognac was not stopped and went directly to room so I could have my nightcap, I do get the drink package

I do want everyone to notice that George who thought security was unprofessional and was mad they didn't carry his bag back to the cabin.... DESERVED to be in the naughty room. He admits he was bringing on cognac but still had audacity to yell at security. Lol

Wow. Mistakes happen. [emoji849] yelling won't solve anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by The Sunset Glow

I have never locked my bags...ships, planes, trains.

Locks are for honest people and will not stop someone who wants to get in.

Don't see the point.

Raina

If they are going to get in your locked bag they will but if they are in doubt there is a chance they might not pick your because there is a locker on it. Maybe in wrong but I rather keep locking my luggages.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have never locked my bags...ships, planes, trains.

Locks are for honest people and will not stop someone who wants to get in.

Don't see the point.

Raina

We also never lock our bags - last month en route to Italy we spent a week in Sri Lanka. We had stacks of luggage as we were bringing equipment to Lucca for our cooking school. Arrive at Colombo Airport close to midnight, take our bags around to the left luggage office (which was in a different terminal), only to find each bag needs a lock before they will store them. Have to go back through security to a little shop with a display of locks. Each lock was 3,500 rupiah. I miscalculated thinking they were very cheap at AUD3.50 - paid 10,000 rp for three locks. As we were driving off in the taxi, I realised I had paid AUD100. THen to top it off, one suitcase was opened when flew from Colombo to Rome and the lock has gone to lock heaven somewhere.

On another note, we do pay for the package, but we like to enjoy a cocktail in our cabin without having to walk to a bar and bring them back.