Concierge Class boarding day lunch

Michyfis

I have seen several threads that mention a special MDR lunch for CC passengers on boarding day. Does anyone know if this is fleet wide, a pilot or at the discretion of the ship's crew. It sounds like a nice perk. We are on the Milly May 12 to Alaska and would like to find out if this is going to take place. Thanks.

As to my knowledge there is no special treatment for cc guests regarding restaurants or lunch at embarkation day.

Not even AQ guests get to use the MDR or BLU on embarkation day.

The OP is referring to a new perk that has been reported here on CC, by some recent pax, to have happened on certain sailings ;).

A couple people reported back in another thread that they were indeed invited to the MDR for lunch as CC passengers. The information was given to them at check-in. I don't know if it's offered on every cruise and every ship though. Hopefully, someone else will tell us because it sounds like a great idea to me.

A couple people reported back in another thread that they were indeed invited to the MDR for lunch as CC passengers. The information was given to them at check-in. I don't know if it's offered on every cruise and every ship though. Hopefully, someone else will tell us because it sounds like a great idea to me.

Excellent idea and a little extra for booking concierge. It would also reduce the usual crowd at the buffet a little making it a benefit to all the passengers.

bosco

Hotel Director, Jamie Petts on our April 4th Equinox sailing (at the connections party) said it was fleet wide. Think it is a lovely perk even if we weren't taking advantage of it - meant the buffet was a bit quieter!

Concierge only or Concierge and Aqua?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

As far as I know concierge only. I know it does seem a bit strange that those in Aqua don't get a similar privilege - I do remember last summer on the Summit I think Blu did do an embarkation lunch for those in Aqua but I don't remember that happening elsewhere - certainly not on our Constellation cruise

We overheard someone mentioning it on our March Eclipse cruise after we had checked in. Some people we had talked to, missed it, or didn't hear about it. We went and enjoyed the quieter setting. Will know to ask on our fall cruise if it is offered.

We did recieve such an invitation to a special Concierge Class luncheon on boarding day of our March 20 cruise on the Eclipse two week Southern Caribbean itinerary. It was to be held in the MDR some where.

Hubby didn't want to go, so we missed it. He is diabetic and was worried about the menu and timing, etc. I thought the invitation was a lovely gesture and believe it would have been very pleasant.

I can't recall where we actually received the invitation. It must have been at check in because if it had not received it until 1:00PM when the cabins were open, it already would have been pretty late.

Edited by Gangway Style

Excellent idea and a little extra for booking concierge. It would also reduce the usual crowd at the buffet a little making it a benefit to all the passengers.

bosco

I would gladly pay more to eat lunch in one of the specialty restaurants like Bistro on 5 on embarkation day! Our last cruise I spent nearly 20 minutes walking around looking for a table for 4 while my food got cold! Not a great way to start!

I can easily se why this would be offered to CC and not Aqua as so many are now claiming CC perks are just not enough to book over a standard balcony so this might just be a little extra for CC to push bookings. Personally I like it as we always book CC and HATE buffets so we will definitely be looking for this next month on Solstice.....

As to my knowledge there is no special treatment for cc guests regarding restaurants or lunch at embarkation day.

Not even AQ guests get to use the MDR or BLU on embarkation day.

Just completed our Silhouette transatlantic. We had a CC lunch in the main dining room.

I have seen several threads that mention a special MDR lunch for CC passengers on boarding day. Does anyone know if this is fleet wide, a pilot or at the discretion of the ship's crew. It sounds like a nice perk. We are on the Milly May 12 to Alaska and would like to find out if this is going to take place. Thanks.

We were just on the Equinox. We received the invitation in the Sea Pass card holder booklet. It was a very nice lunch with a selection of salad, entree and dessert. I believe there was a choice of 3 or 4 entrees, choice of 2 salads and 2 desserts. I felt it was a very nice perk for Concierge Class.

I mentioned the lunch at the Cruise Critic Connections Party because all too often, we complain about things but forget to compliment and I certainly appreciate the chance to avoid the buffet on embarkation day!

What a great idea! As others have said conceirge class doesn't get too many perks and everyone else on the ship benefits from fewer people in the buffet!

One of those win win situations I would say!

We were just on the Equinox. We received the invitation in the Sea Pass card holder booklet. It was a very nice lunch with a selection of salad, entree and dessert. I believe there was a choice of 3 or 4 entrees, choice of 2 salads and 2 desserts. I felt it was a very nice perk for Concierge Class.

I mentioned the lunch at the Cruise Critic Connections Party because all too often, we complain about things but forget to compliment and I certainly appreciate the chance to avoid the buffet on embarkation day!

If timing is right and we get the invite (we always go cc) then I'll be sure to let them know it's greatly appreciated, as are all of the considerations we receive as part of the fare. With all of the fuss over AQ and Elite +, we often feel as though we are in steerage on these boards. Crew has never treated us as anything but the most valued of clients, but there is usually a little unwarranted worry ahead of time. Thank you for letting us know!

Just off 4/3 Eclipse sailing where they gave cc a little invitation card at check-in. Lunch in mdr wasn't expansive, but a very pleasant surprise. Now if they will just give cc back those little flowers in the stateroom and return steak to the "expanded" room service menu.

Just off 4/3 Eclipse sailing where they gave cc a little invitation card at check-in. Lunch in mdr wasn't expansive, but a very pleasant surprise. Now if they will just give cc back those little flowers in the stateroom and return steak to the "expanded" room service menu.

We did get flowers in CC class on Eclipse last March. It was a two-week cruise though, so that may be why we were blessed with the flowers and also fresh fruit that was frequently replenished.

Equinox March 25 sailing offered the embarkation day luncheon for Concierge passengers in the MDR, main floor, port side. We did not check in until about 12:30pm, and the Concierge himself (don't remember name) was in the registration area flagging down passengers with CC bookings to urge them to take advantage of this new perk before dining room closed at 1pm. We had planned to go to Bistro on 5 for a quiet lunch, but this was better. A very pleasant surprise perk for Concierge Class.

David

PS -- we also had flowers (most days) and fresh fruit in the cabin.

Edited by d&a Delaware

We'd heard awhile back from a few posters that had received the invitations to luncheon, but seemed sporadic. Very pleased to hear it's now fleet wide. We will be looking forward to it with great pleasure. Little perks like this DO mean something and are appreciated!

It is always a nice gesture to get something that is just a little special, whether you use it or not. I leave on the Millie in three weeks, so it will be interesting to see if it is available. However, I usually book a C# onboard and get bumped to a C2 on the hump, but no hump on the Millie!:)