Magnetic walls?

winowino

We're getting excited for our first cruise ever! I keep reading advice to take metallic hooks to hang jackets or whatever. Are the cabin walls of the Island Princess metal?

Yes. Most cruise ships have metal walls- this is to prevent rapid spread of a fire. One advantage is you can get a strong magnet hook and create additional storage in you cabins.:)

Suggest that you place a piece of paper under the magnets.

You do not want to scratch the walls.

Enjoy your Cruise;)

On cruises with many ports and tours I will make up an itinerary spread sheet and put it on the wall behInd the desk so we both can keep track of what we are doing. It's held in place with a couple magnets that we bring aboard for that purpose.

Last Christmas I hung battery operated Christmas lights around the cabin with old hard drive magmets:D.

I also have two LED flashlights that have built in heavy duty magnets and can be placed on the cabin walls.

I've heard but not tried making a clothes line using magnets.

framer

We take several button-size magnets. On embarkation day we put up the initial Princess Patter that has the itinerary for the cruise, then every day, lay the new Patter over the lower half of the original one, leaving the itinerary visible. The magnets are strong enough to hold around a week's worth of Patters, then we remove the older ones.

We also put a series of family photos on the wall so our family 'travels' with us.:)

On cruises with many ports and tours I will make up an itinerary spread sheet and put it on the wall behInd the desk so we both can keep track of what we are doing. It's held in place with a couple magnets that we bring aboard for that purpose.

We also make up an itinerary sheet & tape it to our mirror with painters tape.

• 2 weeks later...

I tape up the itinerary from the Patter which includes the nightly dress code. I also put up a calendar sheet that covers the days of the cruise with our activities listed. I have a list of other ships in port. BUT most of all, I have about 20 magnetic photo pockets with our favorite photos that cover 26 years of cruising. I also have included photos of our pets that we miss so much while way. I arrange my photos in groups on the walls. It makes our cabin feel like home.