Ruby 3 May 2016 No speciality restaurants

dweeb

Out of curiosity, if you have a specialty dining promotion coupon and the SDV are not available to you, do you receive compensation in the form of an OBC in the value of the coupon?:confused:

I was wondering the same thing, but I don't "think" those promotions were given for the short cruises. I'm sure I'll be corrected if wrong.

Edited by Murphey

If I was aboard I'd picket. Holler too. My lawyers, DoWe, Cheatem and Howe will look into this. That is bogus and you know they won't eat in MDH or at Horizon. Beneath them. It's a real slap in the face.

Out of curiosity, if you have a specialty dining promotion coupon and the SDV are not available to you, do you receive compensation in the form of an OBC in the value of the coupon?:confused:
I've always been able to turn in any promotional item for OBC.

I would think that "Corporate" would also want to have some meals in the main dining room. They should experience the food and service that their passengers normally experience. To not eat in the main dining room is, in my opinion, almost like saying you don't find the food in the main dining room acceptable. Just my honest opinion.

I agree. If they can't eat the food served to the passengers in the main dining room there must be something seriously wrong.

That doesn't sound good. I would be very disappointed. It's definitely Princess Corporate and not another Corporation that's onboard and booked everything?

There are a bunch of posts on the Princess Facebook page from travel agencies talking about an Executive Sales Conference on board. I'd guess the specialty dining is booked up so they can wine and dine the TAs.

I would think that "Corporate" would also want to have some meals in the main dining room. They should experience the food and service that their passengers normally experience. To not eat in the main dining room is, in my opinion, almost like saying you don't find the food in the main dining room acceptable. Just my honest opinion.

As "Corporate", they can order the food they like from their favorite Crown Grill, the Crab Shack, and Share while dining at the MDR.

If they reserved the 3 specialty restaurants for different corporate levels, they can have separate sections in the MDR too.

Just saw this post on Princess FB. It may explain the SDR situation:

We just boarded the Ruby Princess to attend the CUNARD and Princess Cruises Executive Sales Forum for top producing #travel agencies. We'll spend the next few days meeting with the top execs of each line, learning about their latest products and new services. (And of course, we'll have fun too!)

Do you have any questions you'd like us to ask the cruise line executives?

(No requests for upgrades or discounts, please!)

#virtuoso #comebacknew #cruise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like it is travel agents they are expecting to impress.

We did have one cruise where they closed the speciality restaurants for a large travel agent group.

Virtuoso is a large consortium, with a very good reputation.

Edited by Coral

Looks like it is travel agents they are expecting to impress.

We did have one cruise where they closed the speciality restaurants for a large travel agent group.

Virtuoso is a large consortium, with a very good reputation.

If that is the situation, then impress them with great dining in the DR, Buffet and maybe one lunch in a specialty restaurant.

Just boarded the Ruby Princess. Called to make a reservation at the Crown Grill and was told that it was sold out for the whole cruise. It's only an hour since boarding has started, so I asked how this happened, and I was told that corporate is on board and they have reserved the Crown Grill, the Crab Shack, and Share for every night for the four day cruise. We could make a reservation for the Salty Dog if we wanted.

Really? Corporate,you should be ashamed. Closing the revenue generating restaurants for your own use? You could have at least sent an email stating this fact so at least we knew about it. As a shareholder, not sure I really approve of this.

What is your thoughts?

I may have missed it somewhere, but how long is this cruise? Not that it makes too much difference, but you didn't mention Sabatini's. Was that available?

My thought is, if Princess wants to do something like this, perhaps they should advise the public when booking the cruise that this is happening.

There are many folks who do not use the CG, etc. so I don't think it would change the amount of cabins sold. JMHO:D

dweeb, don't forget Alfredo's. Great Italian.

It's the Ruby. No Sabatini's or Alfredo's

The "worst" cruise we've been on was a 4 day leg LA - Vancouver at the tail end of a Canal cruise. Lot's of folks disembarked in LA (where we should have also got off) and a horde of Party people came on board (kids running the MDR etc type stuff), changed the whole vibe. We heard many TAs got it as a free cruise.

I think these little repo cruises are sacrificial.

Hopefully the OP can get some OBC

We just got off the Ruby May 3rd and the staff told us about 6 days ago they were fully booked in Share, Crown Grill, Crab Shack for the whole 4 day cruise. Corporate is on board winning and dinning travel agents and other clients. This was all done, before boarding not after.

Yes, this isn't as unusual as you'd think. Whenever there's a booking promotion that includes dinner in a specialty restaurant, expect to be frozen out. This has happened to me a couple of times: completely booked a couple of hours after boarding (and before Muster.)

I can understand a booking promotion, but not Corporate taking over all specialty restaurants on a particular cruise leaving paying passengers left out in the cold:(

There are a bunch of posts on the Princess Facebook page from travel agencies talking about an Executive Sales Conference on board. I'd guess the specialty dining is booked up so they can wine and dine the TAs.
THIS. I know a TA onboard; Princess is hosting them and they want the TA's to try out all the venues so they can sell 'em to clients. It would have been nice if corporate had only booked say HALF the spaces, though. It's truly sad when ordinary people come onboard to find they have been shortchanged.

I think these little repo cruises are sacrificial.

I have to agree; it's not the first time that a one-off repo did not sell well and got turned into a marketing tool; much to the disappointment of real paying passengers.