Will it seem silly if we dress alike? Two sisters..

I think it's cute and you will definitely be able to find each other if you go off on your own. Plus you can trick people! I'm a twin myself, but we don't dress the same. Completely different styles. Yes, it will attract attention, but I doubt there will be snide remarks. The most important thing is that you two have fun!

We were on a Cunard cruise and there were twins on board, about early 60's and they dressed TOTALLY alike. From fingernail polish, to belts, to shoes, to hats - everything every day. Frankly, we thought they looked ridiculous. It's cute when you are 7 or 8 or 9, but not very cute when you are older.

Quite agree - yes you will look silly, but if you don't care what others will be thinking.......................

I wouldn't do it. I would be thinking I looked ridiculous, but if you are happy to, carry on, but don't be upset with what other people think! By asking the question maybe you aren't so confident with the idea?

Enjoy and have fun. You're an adult and matching your sister in dress does not affect or effect my cruise enjoyment in any way. Well, each day I would find a bit of happiness seeing what you'll be wearing that day. Most interesting matchy-matchy couple were on our Princess California Coastal cruise.

Always saw them wearing matching Western outfits, complete with hats. Can't imagine the amount of luggage each brought. Are you buying your sister a suitcase for her new wardrobe? Something a bit wild?

Mom, Sis and I cruise together. Many times we will be wearing (unintentionally) the same colors. At one family party I dressed my 1yo in the same printed fabric as my sister's camp shirt. Completely unplanned.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I don't think it's silly, and I think you should just enjoy it. There were two sisters (?) on a cruise of ours a few years ago who dressed exactly alike all day every day, and I was not aware of anyone giving them funny looks. I've also seen a couple who wore matching/complimentary outfits for dancing every night. Why not?

I would absolutely do it and like you said don't give a fig what anyone else thinks. Honestly anyone that gives you a second look needs to get a life of their own. My girls are 1.5 yrs apart and use to dress alike all the time, everyone thought they were twins. Now they are teens and never dress a like. Everyone still thinks they are twins lol I can see them doing something like this some day and as a Mom yes I would get a kick out of seeing it.

We've done coordinating shirts/dresses on vaca as a family before on several different trips to FL. The girls and I have also done matching or coordinating outfits per their request when they were smaller. As long as everyone doing it is having fun that is all that matters. I'm making my families memories, not theirs.

I'm confused. If you don't give a fig what others think, why are you asking if it would be silly and why are you disappointed when some here don't think much of the idea?:confused: When you ask a question on a public forum, you need to expect, and accept, that all answers will not be to your liking.

If you don't give a fig, do what you set out to do.;)

My thoughts exactly. Did you want an honest answer or the "nice" answer? Do what you want

If I had twin children I would never dress them the same.....never thought it was cute:rolleyes: possibly irritating but that is my individuality sensibilities.

Have a great time! Giggle, be silly, and enjoy every minute. Drink champagne, dance in the passageways, and sing in the elevator. I LOVE to see people having fun! I feel sorry for those who would mock you. There must be very little joy in their lives.

I think it's absolutely lovely that you're taking your sister on this cruise! If you guys want to dress alike and your sister is into the idea then why not??!! Who cares what anyone else thinks! You might get some stares or someone having a bit of a laugh at your expense but that's the risk you take when you do something a little different :)

I'm an identical twin, we used to dress alike when we were kids and early teen years- these days we live 2 and a half hours away from each other and there will still be days where she'll send me a picture of her and we'll be wearing the same thing (be it a top or pants or shoes) :D We get a good giggle out of it.

There were many times growing up that we would emerge from our bedrooms wearing the same outfit (not knowing that was what the other had planed to wear!) caused a few arguments about who would go change! haha.

We were on a Cunard cruise and there were twins on board, about early 60's and they dressed TOTALLY alike. From fingernail polish, to belts, to shoes, to hats - everything every day. Frankly, we thought they looked ridiculous. It's cute when you are 7 or 8 or 9, but not very cute when you are older.

Completely agree.

So, last year, I went through gastric cancer, and am still recovering. My sister flew out and helped take care of me, using up her only vacation from work last year.

I commented earlier in support of you. I've read the most recent posts, and I still think you and your sister should do what will make you smile. This is about you and your sister. The two of you see the fun in the plan, and that is all that matters.

I commented earlier in support of you. I've read the most recent posts, and I still think you and your sister should do what will make you smile. This is about you and your sister. The two of you see the fun in the plan, and that is all that matters.

I like you screen name. You must like Math?

So, last year, I went through gastric cancer, and am still recovering. My sister flew out and helped take care of me, using up her only vacation from work last year.

So this year, I decided to take us both on a cruise. Now, we are so much alike you would think we were twins. I am 10 years and 2 months older. She will pay for nothing except her flight to Charleston. I've also informed her she didn't need to worry about clothes, as I've arranged matching outfits for every day and night for both of us. She will be returning home with quite a wardrobe, everything from jacket to PJ's, has been provided by me. She will be bringing her undies and whatever she wears on the plane.. Already have most of our clothes and shoes arranged and I am ready to go!

I think this will be so much fun, is this crazy or what??

Yes, luckily after losing over 65 lbs, we are almost the same size now, give or take 15-20 lbs..

Yes, this might be extreme, but I love my sister.

I don't think it's silly as long as your sister is agreeable. Some might find it amusing, but I've found that most people are wrapped up in themselves and enjoying their own vacation, that they probably won't even take a second glance. If they do, it's more of a conversation starter than judgement. In fact, many people dress alike to find each other in a crowd...handy in a busy port. We recently had a cancer scare in our family, and frankly, you deserve to do whatever you feel like doing. God bless you both!

I like analysis, and graphics, and visual representations. And being a nerd :D Math? not so much ;)

Not ot go off topic. When I saw your screen name all I could think of were those venn Diagrams in math class.

• 1 month later...

Well, things haven't been looking good for me. Just found out my cancer has spread to my liver, so I'm probably in for more chemo. Yuck, But, to make my day better, I just upgraded for a significant amount my sister and my cabin, we are now in a balcony! From a porthole interior yet.. lolNow we are really looking forward to it.. Rather, I am, she doesn't know yet, and hopefully won't until I unlock the door and she see's the balcony. Hoping this is not my last cruise, since I do have one with hubby booked for Feb. But, I intend to enjoy what time I have left. Keep Cruising!

Well, things haven't been looking good for me. Just found out my cancer has spread to my liver, so I'm probably in for more chemo. Yuck, But, to make my day better, I just upgraded for a significant amount my sister and my cabin, we are now in a balcony! From a porthole interior yet.. lolNow we are really looking forward to it.. Rather, I am, she doesn't know yet, and hopefully won't until I unlock the door and she see's the balcony. Hoping this is not my last cruise, since I do have one with hubby booked for Feb. But, I intend to enjoy what time I have left. Keep Cruising!

Very sorry to hear about the cancer spreading. good wishes and prays being sent your way.

Getting the balcony cabin will be a nice surprise for your sister. Enjoy.

You asked for opinions so here's mine- yes, I think it's a bit silly. A little too cutesy-cutesy in a little girl way, and I would never want to do it myself. BUT, if you are and your sister both want to do it and, as you said, don't really care what others think, go for it. ;)