1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

Checked out a few cruises with the new "sale". Prices are high on MOST cruises. There is a 3-night on the Serenade I have been watching, and interestingly enough keeps dropping a little here and there with each new sale. It started at around $400 way back when...then down to 350, then 322 with last sale, and now 307 with current sale. Still a bit high for me, especially with taxes/fees being $105/pp. Would like to see it drop to around $250/pp before taxes and fees.

I booked this yesterday! :D Inside was showing $322pp BOGO60 pricing for 2 BUT when I checked for 1 person, it included both BOGO60 and special solo pricing bringing studio price to $391. Seemed liked a decent price to me but I've never checked solo prices before and this will be my first time sailing solo.

We ended up booking last night with the 60% off sale (before the 1, 2, Free sale). Glad we did as prices were slightly higher with the 1, 2, Free. Yes if both my kids were under 12 and we could go during school we would have saved, otherwise not so much....

We are on Freedom. I wanted the Eastern route with St. Thomas and St. Maartan but our cabin category literally sold out as I was booking. We got the same price on the Western route going to Grand Cayman, etc. a week later. I hope that will be just as good!

We are not big time cruisers...so it is interesting to read all of your posts about bookings and discounts, etc. We usually fly someplace and rent a house and drive from there. Can't wait to see how this vacation goes in comparison. :)

Congrats on your cruise! You're going on a great ship and, if you've never been to them, you have some nice ports on your itinerary. Search these boards, and particularly the ports of call section, for some really good tips and ideas for excursions. This cruise could be the beginning of a sweet addiction for you and your family.

~ Judy

this is interesting! we dont have this in the uk!

Could someone possibly tell me the pricing for 2 adults and a child on the 6 night navigator sailing from southampton in october 2016 using this promotion? we dont get this deal in the uk and I wanted to compare!

this is interesting! we dont have this in the uk!

Could someone possibly tell me the pricing for 2 adults and a child on the 6 night navigator sailing from southampton in october 2016 using this promotion? we dont get this deal in the uk and I wanted to compare!

Looks like $1646 for inside, $1834 for ocean view, $2074 for balcony.

Very odd that the promo email I just got referenced free nights on a specific 2018 cruise I have booked but that is outside the terms of the sale. Figured what the heck call them anyways and see what's up. It is not included in the sale but did have a small price drop anyway so that was nice.

I am on the fence about booking Freedom for next Feb.

Question for those of you experienced with RCCL. When they had the half off deposits, I booked our first with them. Looks like the current "sale" price went down $130 from what I booked at, but I also presently have $100 obc. If I call them will they adjust the price and take away my obc, and expect me to pay the other half of the deposit? Or will they be nice and just adjust the price :confused: I know, I'm probably dreaming about that!

Thanks for your helpful knowledge!

Question for those of you experienced with RCCL. When they had the half off deposits, I booked our first with them. Looks like the current "sale" price went down $130 from what I booked at, but I also presently have $100 obc. If I call them will they adjust the price and take away my obc, and expect me to pay the other half of the deposit? Or will they be nice and just adjust the price :confused: I know, I'm probably dreaming about that!

Thanks for your helpful knowledge!

I've found that it's possible to lose OBC, but I've never paid more for a deposit. I actually have a $50 deposit for a booking right now that I switched from a 5 night sailing done onboard. I've asked them if I should pay more, but they said there was no need.

I agree. I checked our cruise last night when the sale was showing, and again this morning. The price is higher on RCCL's web site, but I have to wait to see if Costco's site has any additional perks to offset the increase.

I'm still a huge fan of booking as early as possible, then riding the price (hopefully) drop wave.

Do you usually get good deals? I never thought to book through them. I've saved big on rental cars through them. If you book through them can you later move the reservation to a TA?

We currently have 2 oceanview balcony cabins on Allure (3 in one room and 2 in the other). We saved $480 with this sale and we already had a screamin' good deal. However, had we switched to the FB for the 5 of us it was taxes only for the kids - making that room $3300. DH decided he'd rather pay $730 for two cabins and two balconies vs the large FB. This one actually worked out for us.

Quick Question.. My mom's Vision cruise for next year was cancelled and she was offered $200 OBC if she re-books by June 22. She would like to rebook the 23 night transpacific cruise. My question is if she books now with the BOGO can she have it repriced with this new sale on June 7th IF it is priced lower than the BOGO rate and NOT lose her $200 OBC?

I did the math and if prices stayed exactly the same, she would save $20 which really doesn't change anything but just incase it is actually lowered I want to make sure I advise my Mom correctly.

Thanks!

We have been offered $400 OBC from our cancelled Legend for next year and have been told that once appled to a cruise it has to stay with that particular cruise and if we changed to another cruise we would lose it. Luckily for us with this new promo of free nights going on, our cruise booked for the end of August this year has gone down in price by a whopping $39 so we have applied it to that cruise. There wasn't any point in applying it to a cruise that was higher than we had booked it at as it had to be at current pricing. That is two Legend cruises cancelled on us now, September 2015 and May 2017, as well as three others over the past few years, 2 Jewel and 1 Explorer ! Onboard credit is nice though and always acceptable.

Looks like I am a minority who has benefited from this sale. Here is what our numbers look like

Jewel of Seas - Southern Caribbean - 12/11 for 7 nights from San Juan

Original Price - $3339.99. This includes Base+Taxes& Port Charges+Gratuities and Travel Insurance. Had booked during BOGO60

New Price - $2825.00 Includes all of the above under 1-2-FREE.

We are a part of 2 Adults and 2 Kids.

My take on the sale - The prices actually went up but with kids we end up saving a chunk. I think the solos and couples only are the ones who are seeing the price hike.

Another quick one - The GS and JS prices have come down significantly for this sailing. When I was looking prior sale price difference was over $1600 from D1 to JS. Now its about $1000.

Hope someone finds this useful.

our Greek island cruise in October this year is over £900 more expensive in this sale !!!!!!! nearly double what we paid and both include the free select package , how can that be ??????????

Because you got a really good price when you booked.