1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

Will this be a Global Sale or just for US cruisers? We are in Aussie Land and currently have 2 cruises booked - Radiance back to Sydney from Hawaii Sept 2016 and Voyager from Sydney to Singapore in April 2017 - would love to score a few free days on either of these?

priced out Majesty for 2 adults and 2 kids in an inside. 3 day cruise should price out with a 33% discount on the adults and free for the two kids. As it is now with the std 60% off second and discounted for 3rd and 4th, the price is $934. If pricing remains stable, i think the 1-2 free price should be around $700. will follow up on Monday

OK, sale has not started yet, but they have lowered the base on passengers 1 and 2, but raised the base on passengers 3 and 4. New price with old 60% off sale has gone down $36

I'm looking at something for August of this year. Over the weekend there was a balcony guarantee price that was lower than the 60% off that's back on today.

Also, if you read the T&C information, the 1-2 sale is combinable with C&A discounts (which come off BEFORE the per day rate is calculated) but it is NOT combinable with restricted fares, like senior, resident, military, etc. So the big question will be...what is the actual base fare to be used to calculate the third day off discount? And if it's a 4 day or 5 day, will they take the cruise fare and divide by 4 or 5 to get the per day rate?

If they use the "standard" rate, one cruise I'm looking at will rise by about $250/pp over the 60% off rate going on right now.

Wonder if the new rates will load before end of day or at midnight.

I'm looking at something for August of this year. Over the weekend there was a balcony guarantee price that was lower than the 60% off that's back on today.

Also, if you read the T&C information, the 1-2 sale is combinable with C&A discounts (which come off BEFORE the per day rate is calculated) but it is NOT combinable with restricted fares, like senior, resident, military, etc. So the big question will be...what is the actual base fare to be used to calculate the third day off discount? And if it's a 4 day or 5 day, will they take the cruise fare and divide by 4 or 5 to get the per day rate?

If they use the "standard" rate, one cruise I'm looking at will rise by about $250/pp over the 60% off rate going on right now.

Wonder if the new rates will load before end of day or at midnight.

They will take the base fare and divide it by the number of days. Assuming the base fares stay the same you could save a little more on a 3, 6 or 9 day sailing than today's sale as you will be getting 33% of instead of today.s 30% (60% off second person)

Edited by molly361

They will take the base fare and divide it by the number of days. Assuming the base fares stay the same you could save a little more on a 3, 6 or 9 day sailing than today's sale as you will be getting 33% of instead of today.s 30% (60% off second person)

But the "base fare" today is the 60% off second rate. According to the T&Cs, the 1-2 is not combinable with special rates. So, does that mean that the 60% off second person is a "special" rate and the free day is going to be based on "standard" rates?

But the "base fare" today is the 60% off second rate. According to the T&Cs, the 1-2 is not combinable with special rates. So, does that mean that the 60% off second person is a "special" rate and the free day is going to be based on "standard" rates?

Yes- The prices on the RCL website relflect the 60% off.

If you do a mock booking and follow thru to see all prices it will show you the inflated base fare before the 60% comes off of it. That would be the rate to divide by the number of days that the cruise is.

Edited by molly361

The base fair right now is before the 60% off.

The 60% sale will end tonight, and the 1-2-Free sale will begin.

Think of it like this

Example...

5 Day Cruise

BOGO60

Base fare $1000pp

With BOGO60 $1000 + $400 [1000×.6]

Total: $1400 for two plus taxes and fee.

1-2-SALE

Base fare $1000pp

Take base divide by number of days: $1000/5 = $200

Refer to chart for number of free days. Subtract that from number of total days: 5-1=4

Use that number and multiply by per day rate: 4×$200= $800

That is the per person rate: $800

For two, $800+$800 = $1600

Total: $1600 plus taxes and fees.

Added:

Sorry for any errors or typos. This was pecked away on a phone.

Edited by chandom

Hmmmm....I don't know what to do now. I'm looking at a 3-day cruise on Enchantment this July so I would have to pay in full regardless of if I book today with the 60% off sale or wait until tomorrow. I wonder if they will just inflate the prices for this new "sale."

Think of it like this

Example...

5 Day Cruise

BOGO60

Base fare $1000pp

With BOGO60 $1000 + $400 [1000×.6]

Total: $1400 for two plus taxes and fee.

1-2-SALE

Base fare $1000pp

Take base divide by number of days: $1000/5 = $200

Refer to chart for number of free days. Subtract that from number of total days: 5-1=4

Use that number and multiply by per day rate: 4×$200= $800

That is the per person rate: $800

For two, $800+$800 = $1600

Total: $1600 plus taxes and fees.

Added:

Sorry for any errors or typos. This was pecked away on a phone.

Very good explanation.

So if base fairs stay the same, many cruises will go up a couple of hundred dollars. Hoping they adjust the base fairs accordingly, and prices stay the same.

Think they would get more people on the ship if they just had 3rd and 4th free not just kids , would be easier to put my kids on a cruise with us again, they did have a sale like that a few years back

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I wonder if solo travelers would benefit from it at all?

Right now with any bogo, there is really no savings as there is not a 2nd person so no discount.

But with this new sale, it would seem like potentially a solo traveler could see some savings?

Well, I'm glad I saw this. I was just getting ready to book at 6 nighter on Freedom with our two kids. (Sorry for those who don't like to be bombarded with kids on your cruise, I'm usually the same! :p) My kids are both under 12, and I'm looking at the Feb 26-Mar 4 sailing, so it would fit all the criteria for the discounts...but its so hard to know if this or the 60% BOGO is better!

Edited to say

Base fare is $1369...divide that by 6, and its approx. $228 per day x 2 days free = $456 off per person

$1369-$456 = $913 per person, plus free kids and it's $1369 per person with the BOGO plus $499 for each kid, and $423.60 total taxes & fees for the 4 of us

So if they don't hike the rates up, with the new sale, the total price would be $2249.60 compared to the current BOGO price of $2937.60

Did I do that right? It seems too good to be true. LOL

Edited by kzam715

We are the same. Looking at an Oasis cruise in January with one child.

Right now it's $1789 pp and the 60% off plus $819 for our child. Ends up at $3089 (before taxes) for the family

Working out the discount is weird but I think we may end up around $2400 (plus taxes) - it could be a huge savings.

I am curious to see if the fares increase tomorrow and how it all plays out.

This is what the fare is for a balcony with drink package in UK

£1841 X $1.42=S2614 + tips

Full payment due on:19th November 2016

Your cruise

GUEST 1

Stateroom / cruise fare £854.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Taxes, Fees and Port Expenses £72.00

Per person total:£926.00

GUEST 2

Stateroom / cruise fare £474.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Per person total:£546.00

GUEST 3

Stateroom / cruise fare £297.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Per person total:£369.00

Cruise total: £1,841.00

Total Holiday cost £1,841.00 Deposit required today £45

Just divide the number of free days by the total days and it will give you the % off the normal fare.

Here is what the discount looks like for cruise up to 14 days long:

3 Night 33.3%

4 Night 25.0%

5 Night 20.0%

6 Night 33.3%

7 Night 28.6%

8 Night 25.0%

9 Night 33.3%

10 Night 30.0%

11 Night 27.3%

12 Night 33.3%

13 Night 30.8%

14 Night 28.6%

So basically very similar to the 60% off 2nd passenger sale that is currently going on as that equates to 30% off.

A couple of notes though:

1. This all depends on what they do with the base prices later tonight (early in the morning)

2. If you are booking with 2 kids under 12 then the upcoming sale MAY be a much better deal

3. If you are booking a 4 or 5 night cruise you may be better off booking before this sale starts. (again, this may not be the case if they lower the base prices of those cruises)

Bottom line is that the only true way to compare these sales against each other (or your current booking) is to look at the total overall price of the cruise. (mock bookings are your friend)

Edited by NightOne

This is what the fare is for a balcony with drink package in UK

£1841 X $1.42=S2614 + tips

Full payment due on:19th November 2016

Your cruise

GUEST 1

Stateroom / cruise fare £854.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Per person total:£926.00

GUEST 2

Stateroom / cruise fare £474.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Per person total:£546.00

GUEST 3

Stateroom / cruise fare £297.00

Pre-paid gratuities£0.00

Per person total:£369.00

Cruise total: £1,841.00

Total Holiday cost £1,841.00 Deposit required today £45

This is for the Oasis in January 17

Just divide the number of free days by the total days and it will give you the % off the normal fare.

Here is what the discount looks like for cruise up to 14 days long:

3 Night 33.3%

4 Night 25.0%

5 Night 20.0%

6 Night 33.3%

7 Night 28.6%

8 Night 25.0%

9 Night 33.3%

10 Night 30.0%

11 Night 27.3%

12 Night 33.3%

13 Night 30.8%

14 Night 28.6%

So basically very similar to the 60% off 2nd passenger sale that is currently going on as that equates to 30% off.

A couple of notes though:

1. This all depends on what they do with the base prices later tonight (early in the morning)

2. If you are booking with 2 kids under 12 then the upcoming sale MAY be a much better deal

3. If you are booking a 4 or 5 night cruise you may be better off booking before this sale starts. (again, this may not be the case if they lower the base prices of those cruises)

Bottom line is that the only true way to compare these sales against each other (or your current booking) is to look at the total overall price of the cruise. (mock bookings are your friend)

Thanks for the info! It looks like I figured it out right, so now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that they don't hike up the prices between now and tomorrow!

Okay, using some PP examples of using the base fare *before* they deduct the 60% off as the "base fare" for the new sale, the difference for me, using the sale vs. using the current one, is $30.67.

Seriously, that's not a sale. I can misplace that much money in my wallet each week.

Guess for us, it's going to come down to whether or not we want to go. If I was willing to pay one price, any *sale* isn't going to make that the deciding factor.

Thanks for the info! It looks like I figured it out right, so now all I have to do is keep my fingers crossed that they don't hike up the prices between now and tomorrow!

Yes, unfortunately knowledge of any upcoming promo is only 1/2 the equation. The other 1/2 is what they do to the base price moments before the promo starts.

If I had to guess, I would say they adjust all base pricing in a manner that makes the total price very very close to what it is today. ;)