1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

Yes, unfortunately knowledge of any upcoming promo is only 1/2 the equation. The other 1/2 is what they do to the base price moments before the promo starts.

If I had to guess, I would say they adjust all base pricing in a manner that makes the total price very very close to what it is today. ;)

Agreed, but at least I can tell my husband (who is always hesitant to book a big vacation) that the kids were free, I couldn't help but book! ;)

I ran the numbers for a cruise that I am looking at.

It is based on 2 adults no kids on a 7 night cruise.

I looked at today's price with the BOGO60 and used the listed "regular price" with the 12free discount.

The 12free price was $17.43 higher

The prices have already gone up. Priced a Freedom Cruise for March 2017 yesterday and my Travel Agent placed a hold on a cabin. This afternoon, the price went up by $300. Looks like RCCL is raising the rates before the new promo starts.

Hi, newbie here.

I am really bad at math. :o

Can anyone help me out? We are looking at Freedom of the Seas, departing July 31, 2016. We have 2 kids, but one of them is 13, so technically we have 3 adults and 1 child.

I got a quote today for an OV cabin for $3258 (unfortunately I missed the really cheap inside cabin last week for $2700).

The RC person I spoke with said maybe tomorrow would be a better price, maybe not.

I am really not sure what to do....book tonight or wait until tomorrow hoping this new "sale" will result in a better price.

Any input?

Or if you see a better sailing option, please advise.

TIA!

Hi, newbie here.

I am really bad at math. :o

Can anyone help me out? We are looking at Freedom of the Seas, departing July 31, 2016. We have 2 kids, but one of them is 13, so technically we have 3 adults and 1 child.

I got a quote today for an OV cabin for $3258 (unfortunately I missed the really cheap inside cabin last week for $2700).

The RC person I spoke with said maybe tomorrow would be a better price, maybe not.

I am really not sure what to do....book tonight or wait until tomorrow hoping this new "sale" will result in a better price.

Any input?

Or if you see a better sailing option, please advise.

TIA!

Current BOGO60 promo gives 30% off 3rd & 4th passengers. The Bonus Kids Sale Free part of the 1-2-Free promo is only for sailings departing September 6th, 2016 to March 9th, 2017 (excluding school holidays and breaks).

If it was me, personally I'd book as soon as I see a price I'm comfortable with. Then I would watch for any price cuts and call Royal if a better deal comes along.

Welcome to Cruise Critic!

~ Judy

Edited by FloridaPalms

Current BOGO60 promo gives 30% off 3rd & 4th passengers. The Bonus Kids Sale Free part of the 1-2-Free promo is only for sailings departing September 6th, 2016 to March 9th, 2017 (excluding school holidays and breaks).

If it was me, personally I'd book as soon as I see a price I'm comfortable with. Then I would watch for any price cuts and call Royal if a better deal comes along.

~ Judy

Thank you Judy. I misread the part about the kids after September 6th.

I was comfortable with the price of the inside cabin, but my family insists the little bit more is worth it for the window. :)

I am happy to say that I did not wait for the 1-2-free sale to book... I booked before the sale that came before the sale, before the other sale...etc. at a price that I was comfortable with.

If I had waited for the 1-2- free sale, I would have had to pay an extra $848 for our Freedom cruise to get "two free nights".

With Royal, there is no better advice than what Judy (Floridapalms) gave. "Book at a price that you are comfortable with". :) Sometimes you benefit from a price drop, but most of the time the "sales" are just business as usual.

Happy cruising, everyone!

Checked out a few cruises with the new "sale". Prices are high on MOST cruises. There is a 3-night on the Serenade I have been watching, and interestingly enough keeps dropping a little here and there with each new sale. It started at around $400 way back when...then down to 350, then 322 with last sale, and now 307 with current sale. Still a bit high for me, especially with taxes/fees being $105/pp. Would like to see it drop to around $250/pp before taxes and fees.

I am so glad I waited for this sale! Base prices definitely went up, but I still saved about $600. $2300 for an extra large aft balcony (cabin 1400) on Freedom for a family of 4...not too shabby!

The poster was well within the final payment deadline - whatever they pay will be it - no price drops.:cool:

I checked and the prices on most of my cruises either went up or not down enough to lose the OBC I have. So as usual, the sale is no sale, just another gimmick to make people think they are getting a "sale".

I will keep watching but certainly don't expect any of my cruises to go down.

I just checked my two booked cruises on Jewel (Sept 2016 to Italy and Feb 2017 to the Caribbean) and prices for both are $200-400 higher than when we booked. We would also loose the free gratuities and drink packages on the Sept cruise. Also no kids benefit on either cruise (Italy 5 days too soon and the Caribbean is school break). So, no sale for me. I'll make my final payment for Italy today.

I checked and the prices on most of my cruises either went up or not down enough to lose the OBC I have. So as usual, the sale is no sale, just another gimmick to make people think they are getting a "sale".

I will keep watching but certainly don't expect any of my cruises to go down.

Same experience for me. I was watching a Freedom cruise in case we decided to go for an 8-day. Base fare went up yesterday and the overall price for two jumped. Can't compare my Harmony cruise (already booked) because I got a great deal on that during the 30/30/30 sale, but I have been watching the JS's on that and it over $6k for 2 people during spring break. That's insane.

I booked my Harmony TA last summer on the 30/30 sale. With the 4 free nights I would get with this sale it would only be $4753 MORE than I paid for a balcony cabin. :eek::eek::eek:

I am sure that families with children may be able to get some deals. . . . but, I bet there a few out there. Good luck! :)

I am so glad I waited for this sale! Base prices definitely went up, but I still saved about $600. $2300 for an extra large aft balcony (cabin 1400) on Freedom for a family of 4...not too shabby!

Excellent price for a great cabin! Is this off season with kids sail free?

I think kids sail free is the best way to benefit, but I work in the schools and already booked my personal days for Magic this fall.

Enjoy your savings! It is a great feeling when a sale actually works in your favor. :)

Same here. 4 cruises checked (already booked) and all were around $84 to $100 higher. I think the only deal would be with 2 children under 12 and that would mean taking the children out of school which if it was us it would be a no go.

I thought Kids Free was only on 5 day and longer itineraries.

I priced out a 6 day Freedom cruise for 2 adults and a kid in an inside and it came to $1767 with taxes and fees, so I will watch Monday also and see what it brings (6 nights = 2 nights free; longer than 5 nights so Kids free).

..).

Same cruise today priced out at 1396.