1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

i dont understand.

trying to check pricing for a cruise, i see on the cruises list the free nights etc... going into the reservation process, when i get the quote it states "30% savings"

and we are 2 adults and 1 child under 12.. the child is still priced as usual... (this is not a blocked date)

Mine went up as well...so a free night ends up costing more than paying for one???

What a joke....good thing most of us are on to RCI's smoke and mirror deals.......wish someone could call them out on this publicly and make it to the news somehow.

It's almost like false advertising, or misleading at the very least. While not illegal I guess, its very poor taste on RCI's part.

But as long suckers fall for it and they keep filling their monster ships with "sales" and "Free nights"......good on them I guess.

i dont understand.

trying to check pricing for a cruise, i see on the cruises list the free nights etc... going into the reservation process, when i get the quote it states "30% savings"

and we are 2 adults and 1 child under 12.. the child is still priced as usual... (this is not a blocked date)

i tried via a different website, and that showed the discount.

taking into account i lose 200 OBC for my balcony room, i still can save about 300$

What a joke....good thing most of us are on to RCI's smoke and mirror deals.......wish someone could call them out on this publicly and make it to the news somehow.

It would be very boring/repetitive news since it would be on there every night with a different business each night.

The price of a 5 day cruise to Bermuda that I was considering went up significantly in price. I wish RC would stop playing their "sale" games. The credibility of the company is in danger, IMO, with loyal customers who know what they are doing.

I've been watching the Serenade for March, 2017, since yesterday the ocean view final price went up $108. Here is how they say the "deals" are for sailing 2/13--$1271, 3/6--$1244 they are the deals. However for 3/27 its $1183 so why not post that as a "deal"?

So glad I'm a cruise critic member!! Members here give out great info re: sales, deals etc. I'll keep searching for that March price, maybe the next "deal" will be the ONE.

Have a great day!!!

Carol

I used to book at prices I was comfortable with. Lately though I have been booking with prices that I am barely comfortable and in some cases not comfortable with hoping that they will come down before final payment;)

WOW....what a "sale".

Just checked all my purchased cruises and the price increased on all of them from yesterday.

Free days are costly!! Ouch!!

Last week's "sale" and this current "sale" do not come close to the lower price we originally paid first day of release. Thanks for the lesson Royal!

I think I am the only one that is happy!

I booked Jewel yesterday at $3,595.70 for a D1.

Today swapped to a JS for $3,140.70

Doing the happy dance:D

I'm jealous of that.

I've been monitoring 3 cruises...all have increased in price. One increased a little more than $100, another almost $200, and the third almost $300.

I'm jealous of that.

I've been monitoring 3 cruises...all have increased in price. One increased a little more than $100, another almost $200, and the third almost $300.

So what do you do?? Keep looking until another sale comes along?? Also if you don't mind where is Bristol, PA?? Just curious never heard of Bristol!

Carol

So what do you do?? Keep looking until another sale comes along?? Also if you don't mind where is Bristol, PA?? Just curious never heard of Bristol!

Carol

Well the prices are still in my comfort zone so it really depends when I need (or want) to book. Right now hasn't been a good time for me to book a cruise, or I would've had it booked during the last sale. I will keep monitoring prices, and even with the increase I might end up booking with this sale...or I'll wait for a new sale to come along.

Bristol is about 20-30 minutes N/NE of Philadelphia. Right on the Delaware River.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Well the prices are still in my comfort zone so it really depends when I need (or want) to book. Right now hasn't been a good time for me to book a cruise, or I would've had it booked during the last sale. I will keep monitoring prices, and even with the increase I might end up booking with this sale...or I'll wait for a new sale to come along.

Bristol is about 20-30 minutes N/NE of Philadelphia. Right on the Delaware River.

Can you legally book?:confused:

Best-

Steve

The cruise I booked yesterday for 6 people costs $16 more today. It would help if we weren't in a blackout date and our under-12-year-old was free, but I have no control over the timing of Spring Break.

BUT, we got 2 aft JS and a Large Interior at a price I'm OK with. I've never been in an aft cabin or in a JS so I'm still happy. AND it's a week of funtime with my son, DIL, and 3 grandkids. :):):)

I learned a long time ago to book a cruise when you decide you want to go and if the price is something you can live with. If it goes down later you can (usually) get the difference refunded. If it doesn't go down then you know you got the best price you could. I could care less if RCCL (or Honda or Macy's or Home Depot or whoever) wants to call it a "sale" - it's all a matter of the bottom line price to me.

Serenade Feb 24 2017. Base price for the OV we booked before the then current sale (35 % Canadian) was $1646 pp.

Current base price for same category OV for this sale is $2169 pp.

If we were booking this today we would pay an additional $956.78 for the two of us.

Nice (non)sale. (All prices CAD)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by traveler279

It would be a better deal for us for our Allure sailing next month but Royal said no. Only new bookings. darn thought i could snag 2 ocean view balcony cabins for just a few dollars more. Here I thought they would gladly take my money but guess not. oh well. I am happy with what we have.:)