1-2-FREE SALE (June 7 thru July 6)

The price of a 5 day cruise to Bermuda that I was considering went up significantly in price. I wish RC would stop playing their "sale" games. The credibility of the company is in danger, IMO, with loyal customers who know what they are doing.

I've been watching one too. If I'd have booked for 2 over the weekend, there was a weekend sale balcony guaranty at $981. With my mom's D+ discount, that would have ended up at about $868/pp.

Now, the current price, if I recalculate to allow for the D+ discount and the free day, is about $1221/pp. In the exact same category. Not seeing any benefit to this *sale*. I might have done it for the weekend price. But definitely not at this current price.

ETA: I can even do better with the travel agent friends and family rate, which does not allow us to use the D+ discount, or the senior rate, which would, than I can with this fake sale. I'm sure that many people who don't track prices or understand the history of pricing like many on CC would jump at this. But not me.

Edited by njmomof2

It would be a better deal for us for our Allure sailing next month but Royal said no. Only new bookings. darn thought i could snag 2 ocean view balcony cabins for just a few dollars more. Here I thought they would gladly take my money but guess not. oh well. I am happy with what we have.:)

isnt this because you passed your final payment day ?

for future cruieses, from what i understand, you do not need to cancel and re-book. am i right/wrong ?!?

OK, sale has not started yet, but they have lowered the base on passengers 1 and 2, but raised the base on passengers 3 and 4. New price with old 60% off sale has gone down $36

Follow up on yesterday's post. Now that sale is applied, the total cost for 4 is $869. Went down another $30 or so.

Some sale as usual :rolleyes::rolleyes:

our Harmony cruise up more than $1000 than what we paid for CP balcony

Brilliance up $ 500 (and that was booked just a few weeks ago)

Freedom up $300 for 8 day and a little over $200 for 6 day....

I'll stick with booking early when possible ;)

Edited by TLC535

I have been watching a cruise that went up almost $150.00 a few days ago in preparation for the sale and now that the sale has started today it is up another $100.00.

I am really tired of these gimmicks.:rolleyes:

Hi: just checked with my T/A and RCI and here's what I was told: They take the brochure price, factor in the 'free' nights and maybe a C&A and that's what they give you! Zero, nada, bupkis...It is More now with this make believe deal then when we booked in February. Such gimmicks. I personally think it's false advertising, misrepresentations, etc. So not right...Oh well.

If anyone knows anything different, please share.

Safe travels to all.

I guess we are one of the lucky ones. We ended up with a $251 price drop today with the 1-2-Free sale. We were previously booked under the 60% off sale and the BOGOHO before that. And I was able to still use my C&A balcony discount. We weren't able to qualify for the kids sail free since our cruise is outside the specified dates. But we'll take the $251 drop! This is the 3rd price drop we've received since we booked back in April for our July 2017 cruise on the Anthem 9-day. Total savings so far since original booking is $825. It pays to do a mock booking every day!

The cruise I booked yesterday for 6 people costs $16 more today. It would help if we weren't in a blackout date and our under-12-year-old was free, but I have no control over the timing of Spring Break.

BUT, we got 2 aft JS and a Large Interior at a price I'm OK with. I've never been in an aft cabin or in a JS so I'm still happy. AND it's a week of funtime with my son, DIL, and 3 grandkids. :):):)

I learned a long time ago to book a cruise when you decide you want to go and if the price is something you can live with. If it goes down later you can (usually) get the difference refunded. If it doesn't go down then you know you got the best price you could. I could care less if RCCL (or Honda or Macy's or Home Depot or whoever) wants to call it a "sale" - it's all a matter of the bottom line price to me.

I know, they make a sale where kids can sail for *free.

*Sale applies only on dates when they are in school. School breaks and Holidays when they are not in school are excluded from the sale.

Thanks RCCL!:rolleyes:

Glad I booked what I wanted before this sale.

I do not think Harmony is included, according to my T/A!

Yep, mentioned in post 1 ;)

I on the other hand missed that kids free was on cruises of 5 days or longer. :eek:

Edited by John&LaLa

We ended up booking last night with the 60% off sale (before the 1, 2, Free sale). Glad we did as prices were slightly higher with the 1, 2, Free. Yes if both my kids were under 12 and we could go during school we would have saved, otherwise not so much....

We are on Freedom. I wanted the Eastern route with St. Thomas and St. Maartan but our cabin category literally sold out as I was booking. We got the same price on the Western route going to Grand Cayman, etc. a week later. I hope that will be just as good!

We are not big time cruisers...so it is interesting to read all of your posts about bookings and discounts, etc. We usually fly someplace and rent a house and drive from there. Can't wait to see how this vacation goes in comparison. :)

I knew better than to try and reprice my Anthem cruise b/c we booked April 2015. Not going to get better pricing than what I already have.

I booked AOS last week. Today's sale is $18 more than what I paid with the BOGO 60% off.

We booked a long time ago & are sailing with 2 children in September then 3 in March. However, we are in the Royal Family Suite, which is sold out. I've heard they can still price the cabins at current rates.....but I'm guessing the base rate has gone up a lot & this sale won't benefit us. Is it worth having the TA check?

We booked a long time ago & are sailing with 2 children in September then 3 in March. However, we are in the Royal Family Suite, which is sold out. I've heard they can still price the cabins at current rates.....but I'm guessing the base rate has gone up a lot & this sale won't benefit us. Is it worth having the TA check?

I feel its always worth checking.

The poster was well within the final payment deadline - whatever they pay will be it - no price drops.:cool:

Oops. :o My bad. Although, technically, I think they have a 48 hour window if that still applies for bookings made after final payment. And the extremely remote possibility of upgrading.

~ Judy