Best RC theatre show

Here's a question for everyone to pass the time away....

Do you enjoy the Shows on RC? We've been on about 30 cruises and had started to get a bit jaded with the shows and avoid them, but, in the last couple of years with the introduction of the broadway shows it has added another reason to the list of why we like to cruise. Recently we saw 'We will rock you' on Anthem and I thought it was fantastic, so much that we went for the standby line to see it again.

What is your favorite show if you have one or what would you like to see on future ships?

We love shows! Our favorite so far is Mamma Mia. And, the ice show on Explorer with the changing seasons (I don't remember the name)

Hi Donna, I think it was called spirit of the seasons. They have an excellent show on Mariner and also on Navigator with a great 'quick change' segment to the ice show.

I would never waste my time on a ship-based "Broadway" show as I have the real deal just a subway ride away.

But I enjoyed most of the production shows on Brilliance - Center Stage was my favorite.

Radiance last year OTOH was horrendous. I still refer to their so-called "City of Dreams" as "City of Nightmares". I am pondering Alaska on Radiance again next year with the same group - but will not bother going to the shows on there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I've never seen an ice show onboard that I didn't enjoy.

My favorite musical was probably Chicago, but I haven't been a huge fan of the other musicals as a whole. That being said, I still prefer a musical I'm not really into to a mashup production show. I'd rank my order of preference as Chicago, Mama Mia, Hairspray, Cats, and then Saturday Night Fever.

Of the ones we have seen so far Saturday Night Fever on Liberty is by far

the best production.

Mama Mia was fantastic of course on Allure but the sets used

were kind of boring for such a long show....just my opinion.

Look forward to Grease on Indy in a few months.

They are all good but I think you asked for beat we have seen.

The ice shows are great. The production shows are generally high-school calibre and repetitive. My husband always complains that they make his ears bleed! We really enjoyed Hairspray. I hated the movie but loved the show on Oasis primarily because the two lead actors improvised a lot and were hilarious. Saw We Will Rock You in London which was fantastic and would love to see it again on Anthem.

Hi Donna, I think it was called spirit of the seasons. They have an excellent show on Mariner and also on Navigator with a great 'quick change' segment to the ice show.
Your comment about the "quick change" triggered my memory of the ice show on Mariner - was it circus themed? (Haven't been on Navigator...yet)

We loved Hairspray (our #1) Chicago and Mamma Mia. Looking forward to seeing Grease on the Harmony- Haven't seen others. Saw Cats on broadway and didn't enjoy it-so I am sure that I would feel the same if I did see it on a ship.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Loved Chicago, but only got to see it once.... bummer.

Seen Hairspray and Saturday Night Fever more than once. Great shows.

Have seen We Will Rock you just once, next time in a month and a half. I'm a huge Queen fan, so it's great.

We really like the aerial shows they do on Oasis, Allure and Liberty- they are really great to see. Spectra's on Anthem is quite good too- but in a very different setting.

As for the rest of the production shows- we've not, yet, gotten bored with them. Some we've seen more than others, but still have a great time seeing them again. We've gotten to the point that some of the cast have recognized us from other cruises. :)

Great topic! I love the shows!!

Mama Mia was my very favorite, but we are among the few that loved Cats as well. (Hairspray was great too).

For regular non-broadway production shows, I love "Come Fly with me" on Oasis best, followed by the show on Freedom where they do songs from various broadway shows.

In our opinion, the talent on Royal blows away anything we saw on other cruise lines. One of the many reasons we have decided not to wander away from RC anymore LOL!!

I would never waste my time on a ship-based "Broadway" show as I have the real deal just a subway ride away.

I've also seen the real deal on Broadway and frankly, I think the shows are better on the ships. The theaters are more comfortable and less crowded, there's no parking/transportation nightmares, the crowd is overall more easy going and most of all....it's on a cruise.