Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

mscdivina2016

Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?  

413 members have voted

1. 1. Poll..... Should kids be allowed in the Haven at all?

• NO
    • Yes but only with adult supervision at all times
    • Yes but with Adults only times for the pool
    • Yes, but not in the pool
    • yes, but have an attendant on duty who is not tipped

Its all fine as long as you don't impose on others.

If we hear your kids they are too loud

If we smell your smoke its a health risk to us

If you gamble with in your limits fine,when you get upset with other players and physically assault one then there is a problem

If you drink in moderation and keep to yourself, when you try and grab someones ....... then again a problem

see a pattern?

Yes

I see dead people

:cool:

That was not the case I have experienced. Since the luxury lines don't have much for kids, all they have is the pool and hot tubs. I will say that it is foreigners who cause the most ruckus. They come on with very large families and they talk very loud all the time.

I do understand that is the way they are and that is how it is in their families,country, or what ever. Yes, I came from the seen not heard up bringing.

Poor you, I was brought up to speak my mind

I would not mind sailing with you.

Its the "watch me" being yelled from the opposite end of the pool while the other cannonballs in that irks me.

Lol how big is that pool? 12 feet? it wouldn't take much of a yell to get the attention of the child at the other end. What you're describing is just kids in a pool. Once again, Crystal or Holland or RCCL solarium is the way to go.

Interesting thread I just came across. Just now, not more then 30 minutes ago we left the Haven Lounge, not the pool area, and there were 3-4 kids, 7-8-9 ?, old enough to know better, running up the stairs on one end and jumping down the circular stairway into the lounge area and out the door and back into the pool area. No parents ? The lounge staff and an assistant concierge perhaps told them to stop running only once. You could tell they were uncomfortable in doing so. I love children, but don't tell me to stay off a ship that allows children if I don't condone the parent's obvious lack of duty. Regards Gerry.

Jumping down the stairs? That doesn't sound particularly terrible to me...

Its all fine as long as you don't impose on others.

If we hear your kids they are too loud

If we smell your smoke its a health risk to us

If you gamble with in your limits fine,when you get upset with other players and physically assault one then there is a problem

If you drink in moderation and keep to yourself, when you try and grab someones ....... then again a problem

see a pattern?

Children can have fun, make noise and play as long as it doesn't cause too much disturbance to other guests. Expecting children to be 100% silent is just silly.

As long as they're smoking in the designated smoking area you have nothing at all to complain about. If you don't like it, move!

But I agree with your last points. People can gamble and get as drunk as they like as long as they're not assaulting staff/guests or being sick everywhere.

Edited by Delmol

I'm not speaking of a cute little child playfully skipping down the carpet and gleefully squealing to the background music of a Shirley Temple movie. These kids were running full bore through a crowded lounge. If you are familiar with this area, they were chasing each other and jumping down the last 3-4 steps at once around the curved staircase into the path of people getting off the elevator at the bottom of the staircase. The first day I had remarked how well behaved many children in that area were. I have read many posts similar to this subject. I have no problem with children in the Haven, behaved. Many, many adults IMO are just as bad misbehaving in adult fashion. Regards, Gerry.

Jumping down the stairs? That doesn't sound particularly terrible to me...
Edited by buckeye rob

I'm not speaking of a cute little child playfully skipping down the carpet and gleefully squealing to the background music of a Shirley Temple movie. These kids were running full bore through a crowded lounge. If you are familiar with this area, they were chasing each other and jumping down the last 3-4 steps at once around the curved staircase into the path of people getting off the elevator at the bottom of the staircase. The first day I had remarked how well behaved many children in that area were. I have read many posts similar to this subject. I have no problem with children in the Haven, behaved. Many, many adults IMO are just as bad misbehaving in adult fashion. Regards, Gerry.

Ah I see how that could be quite... frustrating shall we say.

And definable agree, some (overly entitled) adults can be 100 times worse than kids!!!

Kids are kids. I raised one. I used to be one (some say I still am).

Again, I think it's the parents and adults who are the ones who feel Haven staff are their personal babysitters. On one of the threads in here, I saw someone asking if they could count on the Butler to babysit their kids.....:eek:

Not sure what they were thinking. But, that's the attitude.

Adults....watch your kids. If they are being rude, disrespectful, bothersome to other passengers, make certain they are corrected. As far as tantrums are concerned? If you're child is throwing a tantrum, and you let it continue past a few seconds, the problem isn't with the child. It's with you, as a parent.

Never seen a child in the Haven who I'd consider bothersome. Laughing? Splashing in the pool? etc? Sure. No problems. Nothing remotely bothersome, though.

I have read several postings about unruly kids in the Haven, the pool being used as a baby sitter, diving, ball throwing and just being loud. This has always kept me from booking one myself. I would like to try one but I travel without kids (off season)and I don't want to deal with others bad behavior for the premium to be there.

It seems as everyone's kids on this board are the best behaved in the world:rolleyes:

Should the haven be for Adults only?

This poll is anonymous so your true feelings can be seen.

For what we pay for haven cabins you would think that NCL would have a staff present in the pool/ common area enforcing the rules of the common area.

Its a proven fact that children respond better when being reprimanded by a person in uniform. such as a NCL staffer. Not another parent who is telling someone elses kids to quiet down a bit. I think a bunch of parents want to experience all the wonders of what the Haven can offer and often "forget" about their 3 kids ages 4-8 who are also in the haven just being kids and acting a lil rambunctious.. We need to start a movement that requires adults to actually parent their children when they are in such high end "exclusive" areas of the ship.

I think NCL will not employ this tactic because they dont want to offend such deep pocket guests so at the chagrin of the other passengers experience they turn the proverbial "blind Eye"

For what we pay for haven cabins you would think that NCL would have a staff present in the pool/ common area enforcing the rules of the common area.

Its a proven fact that children respond better when being reprimanded by a person in uniform. such as a NCL staffer. Not another parent who is telling someone elses kids to quiet down a bit. I think a bunch of parents want to experience all the wonders of what the Haven can offer and often "forget" about their 3 kids ages 4-8 who are also in the haven just being kids and acting a lil rambunctious.. We need to start a movement that requires adults to actually parent their children when they are in such high end "exclusive" areas of the ship.

I think NCL will not employ this tactic because they dont want to offend such deep pocket guests so at the chagrin of the other passengers experience they turn the proverbial "blind Eye"

LOL your last paragraph. Reading CC I expect many of those folks' pockets are not that deep. Seems cheap upsells fill the haven these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes, kids need to play! Isn't it wonderful that on NCL's ships there are water slides, rock climbing walls, ropes courses, zip lines, mini-golf, arcades, sport zones, and kids clubs. That's a truly amazing assortment of activities. Yet, NCL didn't put any of those things in the Haven. If the Haven had a water slide, I'd say that would send a clear message that the space was meant for child's play. But it doesn't. The advertising photos for the Haven show a quiet retreat, not a playground.

I'm an elementary school teacher and mother. I LOVE kids. But, there's a time an place for shouting and running around. The Haven is too small of a place for kids to do that without disturbing other guests.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm an elementary school teacher and mother. I LOVE kids. But, there's a time an place for shouting and running around. The Haven is too small of a place for kids to do that without disturbing other guests.

Then perhaps they should have made a safer family pool and put the 2 bedrooms suites outside of the Haven. Just saying...

Then perhaps they should have made a safer family pool and put the 2 bedrooms suites outside of the Haven. Just saying...

It was designed for families not to have to walk across the ship to enjoy what they have spent a great deal of money on. Part of the higher fare is the convenience of having everything at your doorstep. It is no different then the location of the spa suites, they are located near the spa.

The AFTs & Fowards are designed out of the designated areas but the general appeal of them are the larger balconies/better views and that is the offset your those rooms.

They knew exactly what they were doing when they built their ships. If you have 840 million laying around your more then welcome to design the ship of your dreams.

It was designed for families not to have to walk across the ship to enjoy what they have spent a great deal of money on. Part of the higher fare is the convenience of having everything at your doorstep. It is no different then the location of the spa suites, they are located near the spa.

The AFTs & Fowards are designed out of the designated areas but the general appeal of them are the larger balconies/better views and that is the offset your those rooms.

They knew exactly what they were doing when they built their ships. If you have 840 million laying around your more then welcome to design the ship of your dreams.

Oh I agree those suites are where they need to be. There is a reason we booked one for our upcoming trip. My comment was more to those that are objecting to children being in a place hyped as 'tranquil'. It's obvious NCL WANTS children there otherwise they would not have placed the suites where they did.