Kdam laundry unlimited......

lahlah57

.....is $144 for 2 weeks. A simple phone call and charge card. Remind her to send reciept ro your email though. No problems at all!

Absurd. How much laundry can you need to have done on a 14 day cruise unless you are a minimalist packer with almost no extra clothes.

DON

With baggage charges ever on the increase (up to $100/bag for a second bag on international flights), it can be well worthwhile for two people. I am 6'1" and weigh about 300lbs, so my clothes can be quite bulky and can't get as much into a standard sized suitcase as someone who is 5'2" and weighs maybe 120lbs. Packing for 14+ days is a challenge, and while $144 may seem excessive to some to me it is money well spent to know I can pack less and not have to re-wear dirty clothes.

I think it is some of the best money we spend on board! Instead of bringing my work home with me after a cruise, I return with a suitcase of clean, neatly folded, laundry. Much easier to beat the post cruise blues with that kind of start!

How much laundry can you need to have done on a 14 day cruise unless you are a minimalist packer with almost no extra clothes.
What you do mean by "no extra clothes"? Do you sometimes bring clothes that you don't even wear once during the trip? It's a bit of a failure if I pack so much stuff that there are washable things that I don't wear at least a couple of times during a trip. Maybe that makes me a sub-minimalist! In any event, the unlimited laundry is much appreciated, especially as I can get straight back to work afterwards without having to spend time doing a pile of laundry.

Well when you are on tours.....working out nearly everyday and changing clothes from that and dressing for dinner.......you are going to have dirty clothes that need cleaning. I will not take dirty clothes home to do upon return. Like someone else said......worth the money!

Everyone has their tradeoffs and what is important to their lifestyle. I spent $144 on not thinking about laundry but I would NOT spend over $800 on a beverage package......it's not that serious;)

Edited by lahlah57
Spelling

How much does it cost per bag, for once or twice during a 14 day cruise? Trying to decided whether to buy unlimited or just "as needed".

Thanks!

I believe for european cruising it is $30 per bag. I grappled also with per bag or package. Have read threads on how people have rolled and squeezed alot into one bag enough to give someone a hernia who must carry it.

I do not wish to do the per bag logistics because husband works out like a maniac and THOSE clothes should not be sitting in a bag for any great length of time.

Unlimited is the way we will go!

How much does it cost per bag, for once or twice during a 14 day cruise? Trying to decided whether to buy unlimited or just "as needed".

Thanks!

I believe for european cruising it is $30 per bag. I grappled also with per bag or package. Have read threads on how people have rolled and squeezed alot into one bag enough to give someone a hernia who must carry it.

I do not wish to do the per bag logistics because husband works out like a maniac and THOSE clothes should not be sitting in a bag for any great length of time.

Price is usually $20 per bag on Caribbean/North American cruises.

Europe pricing seems to vary depending upon itinerary.

The best thing that I have found with "unlimited" is that I can come in from the day, hot & sweaty, get cleaned up and put that day's clothes in the bag---and send it off.

No need to deal with the pressure of "Am I getting my money's worth?" One dress, one set of undies---that's all there has to be in the bag. :D

I was just quoted Panama Canal route: unlimited washing $7.00 per day, unlimited pressing $4.00 per day, stuff a bag $20.00.

Everything that goes into the unlimited laundry comes back pressed so don't purchase both. The pressing pkg is just for those who want ironing without washing. For us the unlimited laundry pkg is wonderful...we don't sail without it.

With baggage charges ever on the increase (up to $100/bag for a second bag on international flights), it can be well worthwhile for two people. I am 6'1" and weigh about 300lbs, so my clothes can be quite bulky and can't get as much into a standard sized suitcase as someone who is 5'2" and weighs maybe 120lbs. Packing for 14+ days is a challenge, and while $144 may seem excessive to some to me it is money well spent to know I can pack less and not have to re-wear dirty clothes.

Agree 100%.

On our next cruise we will have 6 days of dirty clothes when we board our cruise. For us, unlimited is the way to go.

• 8 months later...
.....is $144 for 2 weeks. A simple phone call and charge card. Remind her to send reciept ro your email though. No problems at all!

I think HAL's unlimited laundry is a HUGE perk of sailing with them. We use it each time we cruise! I could not agree more with your excitement.