Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Sherri, we did the Jewel one time TO the locks, anchored out for the day,

took a double decker ferry boat through the whole lock system. Was

fabulous. Even got to reach out and touch the wall, great picture.

Nice "booze cruise" with lunch, then bused us back from Panama City.

Was a nice alternative anyway. :) The Bridge of Americas was very

impressive indeed. :)

We did the same itin. in 2009. It was a wonderful experience.

We did the same itin. in 2009. It was a wonderful experience.

I would love to do that one again too. :)

On that one we went from Platinum, skipped over Emerald (and never

got the pin!! :eek: ;)) and right into Diamond.

Our cruise mates were fantastic! :)

Edited by island lady

I would love to do that one again too. :)

On that one we went from Platinum, skipped over Emerald (and never

got the pin!! :eek: ;)) and right into Diamond.

Our cruise mates were fantastic! :)

On that one we were Platinum. The next cruise we were Diamond. We also skipped Emerald. Now we have been Diamond+ for several cruises.

We did a partial transit out of Galveston in 2003, on Splendour. While we enjoyed it, there is nothing to compare with a full transit. Having said that, I would take whatever they offered. :rolleyes: :)

Wish we done that on Jewel when you done it. Didn't realise at the time that would be the last time

Waiting for the Serenade Copenhagen - Boston 2018 itinerary to be released. I was surprised that it was released in early March last year for this year. I thought it would be later in the month.

Anyone stay in the rooms that were added to an old dining area after refurb with the over-sized windows?

Waiting for the Serenade Copenhagen - Boston 2018 itinerary to be released. I was surprised that it was released in early March last year for this year. I thought it would be later in the month.

Anyone stay in the rooms that were added to an old dining area after refurb with the over-sized windows?

[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I always wonder if RCI will ever send a ship back to California for the winter. 4,5,7 and 10 night Mexican Riviera cruises could be offered, and then 15 night roundtrips to Hawaii as well. I think if they cruised from San Diego as opposed to Los Angeles they could make a name for themselves in the winter months.

I also hope Royal has a good assortment of Europe cruises in Summer 2018. I really enjoy Jewel's itineraries from Rome, I would like to try them someday. And the 14 night from Southampton also seems popular.

I always wonder if RCI will ever send a ship back to California for the winter. 4,5,7 and 10 night Mexican Riviera cruises could be offered, and then 15 night roundtrips to Hawaii as well. I think if they cruised from San Diego as opposed to Los Angeles they could make a name for themselves in the winter months.

I also hope Royal has a good assortment of Europe cruises in Summer 2018. I really enjoy Jewel's itineraries from Rome, I would like to try them someday. And the 14 night from Southampton also seems popular.

I know many who agree with you and would love to see RCI return to the West Coast. I could see Mexico alternating with Pacific Coastal and RT Hawaii. :)

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

I know many who agree with you and would love to see RCI return to the West Coast. I could see Mexico alternating with Pacific Coastal and RT Hawaii. :)

I would love it too, as I'm in Los Angeles. But from what I've heard, ain't gonna happen. They just didn't make money when they were here, so they aren't coming back.

I would love it too, as I'm in Los Angeles. But from what I've heard, ain't gonna happen. They just didn't make money when they were here, so they aren't coming back.

I really wonder how Carnival can fill both the Imagination and Inspiration on 4 day cruises every single week. Catalina offers a small beach, but Ensenada does not, and it can be somewhat chilly in the winter months in those places. I wonder what the allure is.

I really wonder how Carnival can fill both the Imagination and Inspiration on 4 day cruises every single week. Catalina offers a small beach, but Ensenada does not, and it can be somewhat chilly in the winter months in those places. I wonder what the allure is.

Those short cruises are "party boats," and I think Carnival attracts that crowd.

I don't know. I just read an article today, that Carnival will be moving the Vista, their newest ship to Galveston. It will join 2 other Carnival ships that already sail out of there. I don't quite understand the attraction of that port either.

Here's the article:

https://www.thestreet.com/story/13953804/1/carnival-changing-ship-home-ports-for-2018.html?puc=yahoo&cm_ven=YAHOO

Edited by Coralc

We are looking at doing a Baltic cruise in Summer 2018. Celebrity has already released their schedule but waiting for Royal before we decide what to book. Is there any conjecture based on port schedules which ships might be doing the Baltic cruises in Summer 2018?

We are looking at doing a Baltic cruise in Summer 2018. Celebrity has already released their schedule but waiting for Royal before we decide what to book. Is there any conjecture based on port schedules which ships might be doing the Baltic cruises in Summer 2018?

Possibly Brilliance from Amsterdam and Serenade from Copenhagen and Stockholm, as in recent years.

Possibly Brilliance from Amsterdam and Serenade from Copenhagen and Stockholm, as in recent years.

I am surprised that they aren't competing with NCL on the Baltic with the Getaway. Why not a Voyager or Freedom and then Q4 in 2019?

Also a shame that they aren't returning to Harwich.

EDIT: They're switching to her sister, Breakaway in 2018.

Edited by Joe12

I am surprised that they aren't competing with NCL on the Baltic with the Getaway. Why not a Voyager or Freedom and then Q4 in 2019?

Because competing would mean lower prices, good for us but not the companies involved? However I do sometimes wonder if there are some shady cartel dealings in the background between the big corporations - they of course would deny ever considering such action.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Edited by harz99

Because competing would mean lower prices, good for us but not the companies involved? However I do sometimes wonder if there are some shady cartel dealings in the background between the big corporations - they of vourse would deny ever considering such action.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

But if they don't compete then the other company gains all the revenue, and given how poor the selection in Europe is this year, I wouldn't be surprised to see some venturing over to NCL and doing Epic/Getaway, and if they enjoy it too much, they may not return to Royal for Oasis 4.

Edited by Joe12

I mean they do have Navigator sailing to the Baltic from Southampton, but I'm not crazy about her itineraries.

Wish we done that on Jewel when you done it. Didn't realise at the time that would be the last time

I don't think anyone realized it until it was too late. :( We were just fortunate to have booked it when it first became available.

As much as we would like for this to happen, it is not likely. As mentioned, RCI lost money on Mariner in Los Angeles during the Great Recession, pulled out in 2011, and does not seem interested in coming back. They put Radiance in San Diego in 2008-09, doing 10- and 11-night Mexican Riviera itineraries, and also lost money.

Collectively, we have made persuasive arguments to the powers that be over the last 6 years, but they have fallen on deaf ears.:confused:

Edited by travelgoddess1

I'm sick I didn't go on Jewel in May 2015. We had both it and Quantum booked, and I cancelled Jewel. Makes me a little sick thinking about it. We had friends on board so Q was a good time, I just have forever been sad about letting Jewel go.

We have still never done PC. Sigh.

Edited by internetwhiz