Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

Celebrity's 2018 Europe Itinerary has been out for a month now. Why can't RCI do the same :(

I noticed that but they are not going to Ephesus (Turkey) and their prices tend to be higher. So we are stuck waiting for RCL to release their itineraries. A little over a month to go, patience, patience!

It will be interesting to see if RCI pulls another Legend, where they releases itineraries, and then later announce that some Vision class ship is being sold (which would make sense for 2018 with Symphony being added to the fleet).

Or keep playing pin the tale on the Rhapsody

I noticed that but they are not going to Ephesus (Turkey) and their prices tend to be higher. So we are stuck waiting for RCL to release their itineraries. A little over a month to go, patience, patience!

I will be surprised if any of the new itineraries include Turkey. With all the attacks over there and the political unrest, I really don't blame them. Don't get me wrong, it is truly very sad that such a beautiful country is suffering because of recent events. I lived in Turkey for 27 years, until last March. With both of my kids deciding they prefer to live in the States, and everything happening over there, I'm in no rush to go back in the near future.

Does anyone have any idea idea of when Symphony will be doing her Trans-Atlantic? We did it on Harmony and loved it!

I to was on the Harmony TA and whilst I had a fabulous time, I had said I was taking 2018 off as I have a big borthday in 2019 and I was going to save for that. But now that i know Symphony will be doing a TA I might just have to change my plans!! Lol

I to was on the Harmony TA and whilst I had a fabulous time, I had said I was taking 2018 off as I have a big borthday in 2019 and I was going to save for that. But now that i know Symphony will be doing a TA I might just have to change my plans!! Lol

Starting next year, there will be an Oasis class TA every year.;)

Speculating that Royal will continue to have Oasis class ships due for a dry dock spend the summer in Europe.

2018 Symphony

2019 Oasis 10 year dry dock

2020 Allure 10 year dry dock

2021 Harmony 5 year dry dock, Oasis 5 also due out

Thanks for the info.

Looks like that's the holidays sorted for the next few years.

Harmony 5 year and Oasis 5 will be interesting. 2 'O' class in Europe.

Might get one in Scotland

Edited by bigeck

Most likely Rhapsody and Vision.

I've been on both to Greece. There's a possibility for Jewel as well.

I'd think from Venice Rhapsody is going to be the only ship, according to port lists for 2018, Vision will sail the 12 night sailings from Barcelona, and Jewel from Civitavecchia.

Brilliance otS, sailing from Barcelona in 2017, is really likely to switch to Amsterdam in 2018.

Edited by shipfriend_max

Just curious...what is the appeal of a TA? Is it that it's a long voyage, with lots of time to spend on the ship?

Pretty much.

Lots of chilled out sea days relaxing.

One other plus for us, which I appreciate isn't a plus for everyone ... very few kids.

Pretty much.

Lots of chilled out sea days relaxing.

One other plus for us, which I appreciate isn't a plus for everyone ... very few kids.

Another big bonus is repositioning cruises in general tend to be lower priced, because it can be a bit of a bother trying to get two one-way plane tickets (instead of a round-trip which one would normally do). So you might get to spend 12-nights on a ship for the price you would normally see for a 7-night cruise. This is what led us to book Allure for her TA in 2015 as the price was unbelievably low, compared to what her cabins go for when she's in the Caribbean on her normal 7-night itineraries.

We've done three repositioning cruises so far and we're definitely keen to do some more. The 22-night transpacific will be our most memorable for years to come :D