Deployment 2018-19 booking season begins

MADflyer

I have my 50th in 2019 and hope to do something special...hoping that Suez or Panama Canals will be available again!!

When I heard that Celebrity was sailing out of Dublin I thought "fantastic...just a 2 hour drive to the port instead of having to fly" Then I saw the prices...cheaper to fly!!!

Lol wait for last month maybe price drop [emoji847]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the posts where Royal is losing out because of what they do every year. People love them less for the same thing.

Ah but when there is an alternative that is a booking lost because of their "decision".

I am close to working up an alternative as I am one of those who really likes to have plans in place 18 months out.

However, at present all is on track to book what I want with Royal, unless they don't offer the itinerary I want. :)

Royal is obviously still filling their ships. I understand this is how they release their cruises each year. So some of you may jump to another cruise line, it doesn't sem to be bothering them. I am looking for something Dec of 2018, but I can wait another month to find it.

On another note, I've read of people selecting multiple cruises, especially when deposits are low, and canceling later as they really decide the one they want. Maybe Royal likes to eliminate some of that.

In the past 3 years Royal has had to cancel, and make significant refunds, because they chose to completely cancel individual cruises and use those ships for different itineraries.

I suspect the delayed release of 2018 & 2019 sailings is to give Royal the opportunity to avoid cancellations (as much as possible) moving forward. A perfect example of this was the Quantum debacle; Quantum was built and committed to service Bayonne NJ, but when Bermuda failed to widen their port channel (as they had agreed), Royal made the decision to cancel all Quantum itineraries and permanently move Quantum to the Asian market.

The reality is, Royal can sell all the cruises they choose to release. While we customers would prefer earlier release dates, all the complaining here on CC has very little impact on Royals future plans.

Personally, we would love to have itineraries available 3-4 years in advance but that's just not going to happen. Just be happy Royal doesn't use the airline model of releasing flight schedules just 11 months in advance.

Royal is obviously still filling their ships. I understand this is how they release their cruises each year. So some of you may jump to another cruise line, it doesn't sem to be bothering them. I am looking for something Dec of 2018, but I can wait another month to find it.

On another note, I've read of people selecting multiple cruises, especially when deposits are low, and canceling later as they really decide the one they want. Maybe Royal likes to eliminate some of that.

I'm on the Navigator now and basically there are constant mentioning the advantage of booking on board in that there's low deposit, OBC and the ability to change along the way to any other cruise that becomes available. I only wish RCL would institute NCC with the original benefits.

This 'delayed booking' is actually the same time every year. It is frustrating since Celebrity releases several months earlier.

Right now I have a Transpacific out of Sydney booked for April 2018, but I would like to look at the offering for the TP going the other way and coming into Sydney instead. What a first world problem.

Hi Valerie! I saw you jump in here. :D

This 'delayed booking' is actually the same time every year. It is frustrating since Celebrity releases several months earlier.

Right now I have a Transpacific out of Sydney booked for April 2018, but I would like to look at the offering for the TP going the other way and coming into Sydney instead. What a first world problem.

Hi Jeannie - yes - keeping an eye out here, though I reckon I'll receive the email direct in any case.

Just want to make sure we get the jump on a cabin for Aug 2018 TA

Does anyone know if Northern Europe release will be Week of March 6, 2017, Europe (Phase I) or Week of March 20, 2017, Europe (Phase II)?

You can check the roll calls for this year's corresponding itins and see what date they were begun.

Probably Phase II

I seem to recall Phase I being Med sailings. (And Probably Oasis 4)

Sent from my XT1064 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know if Northern Europe release will be Week of March 6, 2017, Europe (Phase I) or Week of March 20, 2017, Europe (Phase II)?

Bold guess from my side.

In the past years, the UK sailings and those ones starting in Scandinavia were among the first to be released, so I suspect Northern Europe will be in the first phase - but I cannot say it for sure!

I am very sure Symphony (if she's sailing Europe) will be released in the second Europe phase.

This is the cruise I am also waiting to be released. I would prefer to travel West and gain hours rather than have them taken away :) I was always so tired from losing hours on the W - E Trans Atlantic cruises.

This is the cruise I am also waiting to be released. I would prefer to travel West and gain hours rather than have them taken away :) I was always so tired from losing hours on the W - E Trans Atlantic cruises.

I am definitely interested in the next release of Transpacific cruises as well. We did the Sydney-Seatle Transpacific last year (April 2016) and it was fantastic. I will say the pace of the cruise and the hours lost so few (because of the international dateline which just gives you an extra day) that we didn't have any problems with 'lost' hours. (The transatlantics are a lot quicker and about the same number of timezones covered so I can appreciate that it's better E-W than W-E).

We're keen on the one that either ends or begins in Hawaii this time, as that was our favourite stop along the way and we'd like an excuse to be there for at least a week this time around :)

I am definitely interested in the next release of Transpacific cruises as well. We did the Sydney-Seatle Transpacific last year (April 2016) and it was fantastic. I will say the pace of the cruise and the hours lost so few (because of the international dateline which just gives you an extra day) that we didn't have any problems with 'lost' hours. (The transatlantics are a lot quicker and about the same number of timezones covered so I can appreciate that it's better E-W than W-E).

We're keen on the one that either ends or begins in Hawaii this time, as that was our favourite stop along the way and we'd like an excuse to be there for at least a week this time around :)

You might consider combining the Hawaii/Australia cruise with the Vancouver/Hawaii cruise just before or just after -- depending on which direction you choose to book. We have done that back-to-back twice and really enjoyed the extra time in the islands. :)

Looking forward to seeing what's avalible, wish Royal would add more variety though.

Different variety and for us here in Europe some different ships instead of the same old, same old. I might jump ship to Celebrity in 2019 for my big birthday as they are sailing to New Orleans.

You might consider combining the Hawaii/Australia cruise with the Vancouver/Hawaii cruise just before or just after -- depending on which direction you choose to book. We have done that back-to-back twice and really enjoyed the extra time in the islands. :)

Wish we could! We managed the 24 night TP cruise previously but we are both still working full time and it's very difficult to have so much time off. I've recently changed jobs and I can't quite get away for that long again (it ended up being a whole month, it was glorious!). The 16-18 nighters that they're offering, combined with a week in Hawaii, seems like a good middle ground. But it sounds like a lovely idea :)

When will RCCL let us know when we can book the Oasis 4. for the TA. I don't seem to get those messages via e-mail.

Thanks for your help. I really want to book at the beginning. Any suggestions as to location of best cabin for the TA.

When will RCCL let us know when we can book the Oasis 4. for the TA. I don't seem to get those messages via e-mail. ...

These are the two weeks that RC has planned for European bookings:

Week of March 6, 2017 - Europe (Phase I), Year-Round Caribbean, & Bahamas

Week of March 20, 2017 - Europe (Phase II)

Best thing to do is keep watching here.

These are the two weeks that RC has planned for European bookings:

Week of March 6, 2017 - Europe (Phase I), Year-Round Caribbean, & Bahamas

Week of March 20, 2017 - Europe (Phase II)

Best thing to do is keep watching here.

Are the TA's Part of Europe (Phase I or Phase II)?

Are the TA's Part of Europe (Phase I or Phase II)?

Freedom TA last year for this fall was the week of March 6, 2016, first week of last year's releases.

Harmony TA (new build) I purchased the first day it was available, March 17, 2015. As best I remember it was the only thing released that day.