Norwegian Bliss

shof515

The cruise call list of Portland, Maine stated Escape is due to call there frequently in fall 2018. Sadly the 2018 cruise call list is currently offline, so the link I provided some month ago is not working at the moment...

That's the indicator for the idea of bringing Escape to Northeast, together with Breakaway. My thoughts are she may replace Gem out of NYC, which might (hopefully) switch to Europe.

As far as I remember, FDR said the turnovers for Caribbean did not meet his expectations, so that might be the reason for abandoning Caribbean in summer... :confused:

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm booked on the Sun next summer -- I initially lamented the lack of solo studios then turned around and splurged on an aft-facing balcony!

So with this news, I had a brief moment of regret, then realized I chose a one-way itinerary so I could spend time doing my own land tour after the cruise.

Best of both worlds -- if I fall in love with Alaska, I may have a more cost-effective way to return!

Edited by OhJinkies

I'm booked on the Sun next summer -- I initially lamented the lack of solo studios then turned around and splurged on an aft-facing balcony!

So with this news, I had a brief moment of regret, then realized I chose a one-way itinerary so I could spend time doing my own land tour after the cruise.

Best of both worlds -- if I fall in love with Alaska, I may have a more cost-effective way to return!

Sounds awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Decided I will sail her in Sept 2018 as her first Alaska season comes to a close. I called NCL and asked if deck plans would be out prior to going on sale, was told yes. Also told cabins would probably be the same as Escape, so now I can plan on which cabin to select. If she returns to Florida via the canal, that could change everything. Still amazed at how fast these ships are built. But I am red Ta go!

Decided I will sail her in Sept 2018 as her first Alaska season comes to a close. I called NCL and asked if deck plans would be out prior to going on sale, was told yes. Also told cabins would probably be the same as Escape, so now I can plan on which cabin to select. If she returns to Florida via the canal, that could change everything. Still amazed at how fast these ships are built. But I am red Ta go!

I wouldn't put 100% faith in using Escape deckplans for Bliss. Many people believe that Bliss will be more like Joy than Escape.

I wonder what Bliss' embarkation port will be for the TA? Is an inaugural TA even a good idea, I bet it'll be higher priced than a regular TA.

Southampton, UK. Kind of what Escape did; Hamburg for the German travel agents/press and maybe Rotterdam, NL and crossing the Channel after that, some CTN for UK travel agents/press and a taster and a TA after that.

Previous deliveries from Meyer Werft:

Breakaway: Rotterdam NL, Southampton UK, TA.

Getaway: Rotterdam NL, Southampton UK, TA.

Escape: Hamburg DE, Southampton UK, TA.

Edited by FreestyleNovice

Portland? Who in the world is dying to go there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just can tell what I read at Portlands cruise schedule.

And just because you don't like the port, it might be profitable for NCL to go there...

I don't know whether this information is still correct that Escape calls there in 2018, currently the 2018 link is out of order.

I was just on the Sun a few weeks ago for her repositioning from Vancouver to San Diego. I smiled when I saw you mention Aft balcony because that's what I had. 4 days wasn't enough - it was wonderful. I love the studios too, but that Aft balcony spoiled me. Can't wait to do that one again!

• 2 weeks later...
Is that really the artwork? It looks too similar to the Escape for my taste.

Yes that's really it.

I feel they are different enough. The huge manta ray makes Escape pretty obvious. And if you think about it at a more detailed level, these are mostly cool water species... Escape is all Caribbean/tropical

Is that really the artwork? It looks too similar to the Escape for my taste.

Yeah, it's what was unveiled today.

I'm not crazy about the evenly-scattered small animals, which looks like a kindergartner cut out and pasted an animal collage. I also think the small whale balancing on the tip of the large whale looks odd.

I like the Wyland concept... but I'm not crazy about the composition. When will we see the first led hull, with ever-changing artwork?

Yes that's really it.

I feel they are different enough. The huge manta ray makes Escape pretty obvious. And if you think about it at a more detailed level, these are mostly cool water species... Escape is all Caribbean/tropical

I'm not saying I'd get them confused or anything, it's just similar color scheme, marine life in water, etc. I love the artwork on Escape and this just doesn't wow me.