Norwegian Bliss

shof515

Interesting concept.

I wonder if there are ship regulations for light output due to possible impact on marine life.

No but there is a requirement for deck lights not interfering with navigational lights so for example the led lights could not show green on the portside at night if it would create confusion to other vessels

Well, just about fell off my chair! A new NCL ship in Seattle?!! It's only been about 11 years since the Pearl was new. If we can actually cruise from Seattle on a new ship without flying to Miami -- Be still my heart!!! :D:D We've only been begging for this for years and years. I'm just beside myself. Of course a regular balcony cabin will probably cost about $5,000 per person -- what the hell -- only money!

I don't like the position of the artists name, it makes it look like its the name of the ship.

My husband said the same thing. It looks like the ship name or cruise line name.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think I read that the 4th breakaway plus is going to China to pair up with the Joy. But I have to think at some point a new ship will head to Australia for a season although with Carnival sending the Spirit to Ausyralia year round that NCL will have to do something similar.

Huge render pic at http://www.cruisetipstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/05b_NCLBliss_FI_10-24-16.jpg

Spotted:

Food Republic (same as Escape, similar furniture)

Gelato ice cream

Some brown/woodish? ceiling/floor at the Margaritaville spot

Left out slides on the same spot

Cantilevered hot tub on main pool deck

Haven outdoor restaurant (same as Escape)

The forward observation lounge, looks neat with a glass ceiling!

No private room at Taste (missing an second lower row of windows on that spot)

Anyone else seeing interesting things? Not liking the new funnel design btw..

Mind you that this is a render and things can change, just personal observations and speculation. :)

Are there two decks for the spa and fitness? under the haven there are two decks without cabins, escape has there only one. a bigger spa with indoor swimming would be cool. how it is at the joy?

Here's the Joy render in XXL; http://www.cruisetipstv.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/06_NCLJoy_FI_07-15-16.jpg

Sharp observation. Might be spa or could be dining/lounges? With the lounges for Haven and the new Concierge class thing those passengers are covered.

Could do without the small whale balancing on th the nose of the big whale!

It's probably supposed to represent the mother lifting the calf to the surface for the calf's first breath.

SL3619rlrg.jpg

The above piece isn't by Wyland but there are Wyland pieces of art that depict the same thing.

It's probably supposed to represent the mother lifting the calf to the surface for the calf's first breath.

SL3619rlrg.jpg

The above piece isn't by Wyland but there are Wyland pieces of art that depict the same thing.

At first I thought the hull art was a poor copy of Escape's, but now with the explanation of the baby's first breath and the side views of the ship, I rather like it.

I read a comment from FDR stating we will be ready for Alaska passengers in June. If that's the case then her crossing and canal transit will be in May. Hope to do the crossing, if not then her first Alaska cruise out of Seattle. Called my cruise consultant at Ncl and told him my intentions so I can get my cabin of choice. Anyone else considering the crossing?

I read a comment from FDR stating we will be ready for Alaska passengers in June. If that's the case then her crossing and canal transit will be in May. Hope to do the crossing, if not then her first Alaska cruise out of Seattle. Called my cruise consultant at Ncl and told him my intentions so I can get my cabin of choice. Anyone else considering the crossing?

We will either do the crossing or first sailing of Alaska

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

Since NCL seems to want to torture us by not releasing information about its big, new West Coast ship, here's a guess to keep the thread going:

Given the cold weather configuration of this ship, everyone has been trying to determine where it would likely be deployed in the winter. Everyone knows it will be sailing 7-night Alaska cruises out of Seattle in the summer.

I'm ready to guess that Bliss might be deployed to Boston for winter sailings to the Caribbean and elsewhere. Dawn redeploys to San Juan mid-November, leaving Boston with no ship. If NY can support having both Escape and Breakaway in winter, it seems like Boston ought to be able to support Bliss.

Come on, NCL, end the speculation. There are cruises to be booked!

Since NCL seems to want to torture us by not releasing information about its big, new West Coast ship, here's a guess to keep the thread going:

Given the cold weather configuration of this ship, everyone has been trying to determine where it would likely be deployed in the winter. Everyone knows it will be sailing 7-night Alaska cruises out of Seattle in the summer.

I'm ready to guess that Bliss might be deployed to Boston for winter sailings to the Caribbean and elsewhere. Dawn redeploys to San Juan mid-November, leaving Boston with no ship. If NY can support having both Escape and Breakaway in winter, it seems like Boston ought to be able to support Bliss.

Come on, NCL, end the speculation. There are cruises to be booked!

At the future cruises/ships seminar while on JADE TA crossing in Oct there was a mention that BLISS may do the big pond crossing after her summer season in AK, and continue on to South Africa! :eek:;):eek:;)

Roll on the 10th Jan!!!