Soda package - sharing

nevin-deb

Ok I am sailing on majesty in May 2017

If only 1 of us buys the drink package , and gets the souvenir cup. Is there anything stopping one of us using it for say lunch one day and the other using it the next day.

Neither of us are that big of soda drinkers that we would need to drink soda every waking moment, we can endure tea or lemonade for a drink.

I've read where the cups have a chip in them, beyond that what. Would stop us?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If only 1 of us buys the drink package , and gets the souvenir cup. Is there anything stopping one of us using it for say lunch one day and the other using it the next day.

Neither of us are that big of soda drinkers that we would need to drink soda every waking moment, we can endure tea or lemonade for a drink.

If you drink that little soda, not sure the package is worth it for you.

what part of PACKAGES MAY NOT BE SHARED do people not understand?!

If you drink that little I would bring your own 12 pack or so.

I used to bring some for the kids but we always left most of it.

As for splitting, It is one of the Cardinal Sins to many people on this site.

However, nobody will know or even care.

I have let my kids use that cup that came with the drink package for a few drinks

No biggie.........

Edited by matj2000

No one is going to care. Especially if one of you uses it at one meal and the other at another meal. Even a few sips during the same meal no one is going to say anything. I get the pop package every time and my wife will have a few sips during the week.

The chip in the cup makes it so you have to wait like 10 minutes in between refills.

Edited by BigHouseFootball

The rules are clear: packages cannot be shared with any other guest. But they entitle you to unlimited servings. That means that you can serve soda into your souvenir cup from those fountain machines, take a sip, and leave the rest, then you can go to any bar, and ask for a glass of the soda that you like. It's not your fault if the soda from the fountain machine tastes different...

Edited by Pipo

No one is going to care. Especially if one of you uses it at one meal and the other at another meal. Even a few sips during the same meal no one is going to say anything. I get the pop package every time and my wife will have a few sips during the week.

The chip in the cup makes it so you have to wait like 10 minutes in between refills.

The wait is only 50 seconds between refills

You don't need to show any cards to have soda cup filled at any bar, I say go for it :D

The only thing stopping you from sharing the package would be honesty and integrity. Packages are not to be shared. You are now fully aware of that fact. If you still choose to share the soda cup, then you know what you are doing. For some people an indiscretion like this would be of no consequence. For others it would be. Your decision.

Wow. LOVE the moral high ground some people here like to take. Take a chill pill people. I am a long sufferer of "catholic guilt", yet, for some reason this one has never bothered me. I like the freestyle machines, and DD rarely drinks soda, so I would buy her the package and then use the cup. That way, she has the CocaCola logo on her card, should she decide she wants a soda (rare that it is), she can get one. Our waiters at dinner have NEVER cared, and now that we have access to the diamond lounge, it's much less an issue... oh wait, we're not supposed to remove drinks from there... LOL, yet we do it all the time.

Why ask?

More than likely to get the responses they got. Whether or not you can get away with it is not the issue. It really is an ethics issue. Have you ever seen the test run on kids. They can tell a lot about children by what they do when left alone in a room with candy (just a couple of M&M's if I remember correctly) and told if they don't eat them they will get a bigger prize (more candy I think). They then leave the room and watch. Some kids will eat them, other's won't even though they don't know they're being watched. It's what you do when no one's looking that shows what your ethics and morals really are.

Quit equivocating and rationalizing why it's okay to do something that is expressly addressed in the agreement when you purchase a drink package of any kind. So, let's watch the drink package prices rise and the requirement that everyone in a cabin buy it come back. Some people think their job in life is to figure out how to get around rules, even if they might appear to be inconsequential to some.

Edited by BND

Those who choose to share contribute to driving up the price for the everyone. It's not that "they don't care" that you're sharing, it's just very difficult to monitor. It's disappointing that people don't do the right thing simply because it's the right thing to do. It's stealing, plain and simple. Where do you draw the line? A handful of grapes at the grocery store, taking change sitting on your co-workers desk, cheating on your time card.....it's all the same thing. Don't need a chill pill.......I"m quite chilled.

You can share.