Suite security line (in port)

rcixfan5

Looking for some answers, seem to remember this but ....

I seem to recall that suite guests could bypass the long line outside the ship when returning in port, but they don't have that anymore. Am I remembering a different cruise line? Is this yet another policy that varies from ship to ship?

I am not referring to embarkation or debarkation day, only normal port days.

Just wondering if this is yet another thing that's been added and removed with no communication like most "benefits".

Before I get flamed, I just get annoyed with policies that seem to change. I'm fine with waiting in line if that was my expectation, but in this case it was not.

There is generally no long line, unless you wait until the last minute to reboard the ship. No...there is no "special" line for reboarding at ports! Folks will be coming and going all day long! No worries!

Edited by cb at sea

There is generally no long line, unless you wait until the last minute to reboard the ship. No...there is no "special" line for reboarding at ports! Folks will be coming and going all day long! No worries!

Unless you have re-boarded at every port in the world, you really can't say that.

Looking for some answers, seem to remember this but ....

I seem to recall that suite guests could bypass the long line outside the ship when returning in port, but they don't have that anymore. Am I remembering a different cruise line? Is this yet another policy that varies from ship to ship?

I am not referring to embarkation or debarkation day, only normal port days.

Just wondering if this is yet another thing that's been added and removed with no communication like most "benefits".

Before I get flamed, I just get annoyed with policies that seem to change. I'm fine with waiting in line if that was my expectation, but in this case it was not.

Once upon a time there was a separate line. I saw no evidence of it during my recent cruise on Infinity. We had to stand in line to re-board with everyone else. And we survived.

We were just on Silhouette Sept 2016. Yes there was a red carpet with rope for Suite guest and Zenith members. We showed our Suite seapass card and on the ship we went. It comes in handy after a Celebrity tour and the lines get long.

Also if you want to get off the ship when there are long lines just after the ship docks. What we do is go to Michael's Club and have a coffee or a drink. Grab some water or soda from the bank of refrigerators. Then tell the Concierge we are ready to leave the ship. The Concierge takes us down to the line getting off the ship. He or she opens the rope and puts us in the line near the exit of the ship.

If you define "last minute" as about 26 hours before the ship leaves port, which is when we had a 30 minute line to get back on. The ship was staying overnight but about 10 bus loads of people all got back about the same time.

So yet again Celebrity being inconsistent from ship to ship, port to port, and voyage to voyage.

Once upon a time there was a separate line. I saw no evidence of it during my recent cruise on Infinity. We had to stand in line to re-board with everyone else. And we survived.

We survived also, but it makes me wonder if I want to continue giving Celebrity my money when they change soft "benefits" as often as they wish. I don't want to have to complain to get what they advertise in their nonsense overhyped information they put out.

I get mad because all the people on the ship are hardworking and kind, but the marketing folks just say whatever they want and expectations are hyped to the moon.

Still looking for a photo. The sign I saw and used was for Suite guests and Zenith members. The cruise was from Amsterdam to Rome Sept 3, 2016. We are in suite class again in January. I will look for it and take a photo.

Zenith Member Benefits*

(3,000+ earned Club Points**)

Many of the benefits of Elite Plus membership plus:

• Access to Michael's Club Lounge, including Embarkation Day

• Complimentary 1600-minute Internet package

• Complimentary laundry

• Complimentary Beverage Package+

• 20% discount on any digital or print photo package at the Photo Gallery

• 25% off Specialty Dining‡

• Priority Seating in Theater (on formal and production show nights, seats released 10 minutes prior to curtain call)

Priority embarkation while the ship is in port

• Upgraded bath amenities

• Complimentary Extend Your Stay (where available stay onboard longer on disembarkation day)

• Upon reaching the Zenith tier, Captain's Club will make a charitable donation in the member’s behalf

• Upon reaching the Zenith tier, receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in a Veranda stateroom only)+++

• At 6000 Club Points and every 3000 Club Points thereafter receive a complimentary 7-night Caribbean or Bermuda cruise (in an AquaClass® stateroom)

• Earn Double Club Points if you travel solo in a stateroom (as of July 1, 2014)

I did find this.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

SUITE CLASS FAQ

Are in-room massages available to Suite Class guests upon request?

No, in-room massages are not available in any staterooms.

Do Suite Class guests receive priority embarkation, debarkation and tendering?

Yes, all Suite Class guests receive these services.

Do Suite Class guests have access to a private sun deck?

No, this is not being offered.

What color SeaPass card are used to identify Suite Class guests?

Suite Class guests receive grey “Suite Class” SeaPass cards.

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per

non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and

under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting

with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

I did find this.

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/Flyers/14037410_CEL_Suites_FAQs.pdf

SUITE CLASS FAQ

Are in-room massages available to Suite Class guests upon request?

No, in-room massages are not available in any staterooms.

Do Suite Class guests receive priority embarkation, debarkation and tendering?

Yes, all Suite Class guests receive these services.

Do Suite Class guests have access to a private sun deck?

No, this is not being offered.

What color SeaPass card are used to identify Suite Class guests?

Suite Class guests receive grey “Suite Class” SeaPass cards.

Can Suite Class guests bring traveling companions in a non-suite stateroom to the Suite Class exclusive restaurant so then can dine together?

Yes, based on availability, Suite Class guests can invite non-suite guests to dine with them in Luminae with reservation and for a fee. The fee per

non-suite guest will be $10 for breakfast, $20 for lunch, $30 for dinner. These fees are waived for invited non-suite guests 12 years of age and

under. Suite Class guests can also request to dine together with their non-suite guests in the Main restaurant at no additional charge by visiting

with the Maitre d’ on embarkation day.

Not really the question asked here, the poster was asking about port stops during the cruise. The highlighted items refer to the beginning and end of the cruise other than the tendering which also does not apply.

I have seen a couple of ports where there was a separate line for suites. I don't remember but I think there was one in Bermuda this past June.

bigbenboys We were just on Silhouette Sept 2016. Yes there was a red carpet with rope for Suite guest and Zenith members. We showed our Suite seapass card and on the ship we went. It comes in handy after a Celebrity tour and the lines get long.

Also if you want to get off the ship when there are long lines just after the ship docks. What we do is go to Michael's Club and have a coffee or a drink. Grab some water or soda from the bank of refrigerators. Then tell the Concierge we are ready to leave the ship. The Concierge takes us down to the line getting off the ship. He or she opens the rope and puts us in the line near the exit of the ship.

We have used the suites "special embarkation line" on several cruises. Just recently on the Summit, but only in a few ports. The carpet is not always red, though. Many times, they will direct the Suites up the crew ramp.

As far as the security line goes, it's first come unless there is a special ramp for Suite, only.

We've never needed to use it, but have seen a "red carpet" line, usually to the right of the regular boarding line, on the dock. It's not a separate security line but allows you to by pass a long line of passengers waiting to head to the gang plank. Most of the time the lines have been short so no advantage. I will say, I suffer from back problems aggravated from too much slow walking or standing so if needed, I would use it if there was a long line to board since we travel in suites.

On our recent Infinity cruise..there were long back ups in a few ports..not because of folks returning at the last minute but due to poor control and organization at the entry point....they had extra screening machines & plenty of staff to open a second line but had them just standing around.....Suite guests would have appreciated a sep entrance and that might have reduced the main line..

Whether or not there is a special entry one for suites/Zenith/VIP seems to be very port dependent. Never saw one in British Isles, sometimes see one in .caribbean and Alaska.

Suites do get priority tendering, outbound (to shore) but have never seen one for getting back to the ship

We have probably seen the separate suite entrance with red carpet at about one port in each of our cruises since it was introduced. No obvious reason (e.g. space available) why it was that port and not the others.

In each case, when we arrived back at the ship, there was no one else trying to board. Sometimes we have used it joking to the crew that it was nice to avoid the long queue. In others we did not bother.

The hot/cold drinks and hot/cold towels are a much more welcome sight than the red carpet.

The red carpet is a joke it is funny though to watch people deliberately skirt round to use it - and then you still back up into the same line for scanning of items. I would do away with it, it serves no benefit to me if I am in a suite.

Now a gilded suite gangway with sedans and liveried bearers.... that would be different :)

The red carpet is a joke it is funny though to watch people deliberately skirt round to use it - and then you still back up into the same line for scanning of items. I would do away with it, it serves no benefit to me if I am in a suite.

Now a gilded suite gangway with sedans and liveried bearers.... that would be different :)

We usually ignore the little red carpet as there is rarely any queue...On returning to the ship in Auckland, however, after an intensive sightseeing day we were very grateful to be recognised as suite guests by an officer in a long queue well before the ship and be 'magic carpeted' past everyone onto the ship...One of the few times I have genuinely been glad of this service...

We were on Solstice in Alaska in May and summit in Bermuda in July and had the red carpet but just back from Infinity in the Caribbean and there was none so it seems random. Perhaps by ship/crowds? We never waited in line for ports on the Infinity but Bermuda and Alaska were definitely more busy and worthwhile.

My wife and I were in the Royal suite on Silhouette this summer and after a fairly long day of waking all around and back to the ship we saw a couple hundred people in line. I have always thought the velvet ropes and red carpet were pretentious but I was fairly beat from the day and ready to sit for a drink. We proceeded to the suite/zenith boarding line and were promptly embarrassed by the security officer doing the preliminary ID check when he informed us that he decides when priority boarding exists. To the back of the line we went, I would have just assumed they get rid of the VIP boarding over feeling as pretentious as I thought it was in the first place. Never tried it again and probably won't on our Reflection Sailing next week.

I commented on this in the post cruise survey and of course never heard anything. I should have mixed it in with my glowing comment card for the rest of the onboard staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My wife and I were in the Royal suite on Silhouette this summer and after a fairly long day of waking all around and back to the ship we saw a couple hundred people in line. I have always thought the velvet ropes and red carpet were pretentious but I was fairly beat from the day and ready to sit for a drink. We proceeded to the suite/zenith boarding line and were promptly embarrassed by the security officer doing the preliminary ID check when he informed us that he decides when priority boarding exists. To the back of the line we went, I would have just assumed they get rid of the VIP boarding over feeling as pretentious as I thought it was in the first place. Never tried it again and probably won't on our Reflection Sailing next week.

I commented on this in the post cruise survey and of course never heard anything. I should have mixed it in with my glowing comment card for the rest of the onboard staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the area was set up with a rope and carpet I would have definitely brought this to the attention of the MC Concierge. Sounds like someone wanted to show how much authority he had despite stated policy.

We usually ignore the little red carpet as there is rarely any queue...On returning to the ship in Auckland, however, after an intensive sightseeing day we were very grateful to be recognised as suite guests by an officer in a long queue well before the ship and be 'magic carpeted' past everyone onto the ship...One of the few times I have genuinely been glad of this service...

We didn't have any major issues but where it would have helped was in port where there was a shuttle if suites received some sort of preference.