Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

I found this interesting take on Eden. Now I am not sure when it was published... but given that talks about entertainment... it could be fairly recent. Interested in peoples reaction. I could see doing this once, and perhaps that is the idea. A real wow factor to bring home and post about... vs steady diet. http://www.cruisington.com/revealed-the-tasteful-sinful-details-of-eden-on-the-new-celebrity-edge/

Thanks for the article! We have skipped Wonderland on Royal’s ships since the menus are too adventurous for us. The Eden menu seems very similar which is why we haven’t booked along with not wanting to have a Cirque show happening around you. I am sure that many people will be intrigued and book.

I do agree that for most people it would be one and done since it is a very specialized product and may not hold up to repeated visits.

I think in the end, Eden will be a gimmicky spot like 270 on the Anthem of the Seas that was a beautiful space, but largely wasted during the day. Hopefully as the article indicates they will make Eden more multi purpose.

I am going to have to have at least 2 cocktails for my Eden dinner. It is a bit over the top for me - I'm not even going to warn my DH. If I get asked to participate, I will run (I'm not getting on the dangling moon and I'm not dancing with Snake Man!). I am going for research only, although the keepsake menu with embedded basil seeds to plant at home will make it all worth it! ;)

I am going to have to have at least 2 cocktails for my Eden dinner. It is a bit over the top for me - I'm not even going to warn my DH. If I get asked to participate, I will run (I'm not getting on the dangling moon and I'm not dancing with Snake Man!). I am going for research only, although the keepsake menu with embedded basil seeds to plant at home will make it all worth it! ;)

I did the like the sound of the keepsake menu! It’ll be fun to see how long it’ll take for me to kill the bail if it decides to grow for me (pure brown thumb here)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I did the like the sound of the keepsake menu! It’ll be fun to see how long it’ll take for me to kill the bail if it decides to grow for me (pure brown thumb here)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL! I will plant mine and we will think about Snake Man, the Goddess and the others and giggle every time we eat some basil from the plants. :D

That article and snippet of the very loud entertainment made me glad we are not booking EDEN dinner. Just not for us from the menu to the music to the Edenists, and what looks like hanging seaweed....

Another video we viewed recently reprised the slithering snake...too gross!

But if Eden at night, the Petit Chef, and the other ecclectic spaces are popular...that'll clear space for us in other venues....We are more into a nice quiet dinner , after dinner drinks, show and maybe some mellow music.

Thanks for the article! We have skipped Wonderland on Royal’s ships since the menus are too adventurous for us. The Eden menu seems very similar which is why we haven’t booked along with not wanting to have a Cirque show happening around you. I am sure that many people will be intrigued and book.

I do agree that for most people it would be one and done since it is a very specialized product and may not hold up to repeated visits.

I think in the end, Eden will be a gimmicky spot like 270 on the Anthem of the Seas that was a beautiful space, but largely wasted during the day. Hopefully as the article indicates they will make Eden more multi purpose.

Aw It's worth a shot. If the food is not palatable to us, we'll just mosey up to the Oceanview Cafe. Exploring is part of the excitement!!

When I posted this I had not played the video of the entertainment.... oooo.... hard on the ears. I am glad I did not make reservations, I don't think I can get DH to attend. He is not really into new age entertainment. I would repeat what he wrote about the show Topper from Equinox... but since cruise critic would not publish his review... I won't repeat his description except to say... it was not his cup of tea... I guess we are old school... give us a great band, vocalist, comedian and tribute group... and we are happy. I will try anything once... but may have to go alone.... anyway there is a lot to see and do and most will be great... even if a few fall short.

That singer/music was very annoying:eek: and not really into Cirque type entertainment so not planning on booking until there are at least some early passenger reviews. Also the picture with the snake crawling on a woman's back was enough to make me shudder considering my fear of snakes.

Carole

That singer/music was very annoying:eek: and not really into Cirque type entertainment so not planning on booking until there are at least some early passenger reviews. Also the picture with the snake crawling on a woman's back was enough to make me shudder considering my fear of snakes.

Carole

I agree with you about the snake but I have not seen it lately. I did complaint on this media

Thanks jc

When I posted this I had not played the video of the entertainment.... oooo.... hard on the ears. I am glad I did not make reservations, I don't think I can get DH to attend. He is not really into new age entertainment. I would repeat what he wrote about the show Topper from Equinox... but since cruise critic would not publish his review... I won't repeat his description except to say... it was not his cup of tea... I guess we are old school... give us a great band, vocalist, comedian and tribute group... and we are happy. I will try anything once... but may have to go alone.... anyway there is a lot to see and do and most will be great... even if a few fall short.

Actually, New Age music is quite beautiful...this is creepy wierd, definitely not New Age!

This impresses me as very dark, pseudo sexual, but hey... different strokes for different folks....as long as they do not touch me!

Edited by hcat

Thanks - yes i read that the Bow part is very efficent- in more then one way. LOL! I really should not beeing bothered- I was once a very loyal X- cruiser, made it even to Elite plus! Old habbits dy hard- so I am still interessted in their new builts - I may give the Egde a try one day- for the time beeing I stick to HAL and Cunard!

I will just wait out the when the hype about Edge has a bit tuned down and see what the prices will be then!

Thanks - yes i read that the Bow part is very efficent- in more then one way. LOL! I really should not beeing bothered- I was once a very loyal X- cruiser, made it even to Elite plus! Old habbits dy hard- so I am still interessted in their new builts - I may give the Egde a try one day- for the time beeing I stick to HAL and Cunard!

I will just wait out the when the hype about Edge has a bit tuned down and see what the prices will be then!

Enjoy those Lines, I understand both are nice, especailly Cunard with the Ocean Liner vs the Cruise Ship design.

Den

Carole

We're with some of you. Loud music, Cirque type entertainment, adventurous eating and the like may be for others but not us. We seem to be entering a really different Celebrity....why not leave this to Royal and Carnival....is it really necessary for X? I certainly am curious about the remainder of the ship but am wondering if this is a mistake. For us at any rate I think M and S class fit us.

Charles

We're with some of you. Loud music, Cirque type entertainment, adventurous eating and the like may be for others but not us. We seem to be entering a really different Celebrity....why not leave this to Royal and Carnival....is it really necessary for X? I certainly am curious about the remainder of the ship but am wondering if this is a mistake. For us at any rate I think M and S class fit us.

Charles

Agree Charles. We may be "one and done" on this class. Love trying the new ships but this one is still up for discussion. At least we disembark her and head right back to Silhouette!!!! Now that's the way to compare experiences. Of course, if they revamp all the other class ships to this one and we are not happy with the "new brand", other options are always out there. I agree about Eden. Not something we would enjoy AT ALL. Willing to try new stuff but this looks way over the top. Now a you tube video on facebook has me anticipating the production shows. Hopefully we will be able to get in.

Pat C

afternoon all,

i know the style of the ship and interior spaces have been a hot topic, i happen to like the magic carpet in all of its orange glory. But the one thing i despise is the change in the paint job. I truly hate the white blob with orange outline at the base of the MC, I'm not a fan of the blue added to the bow in a T shape either, it takes away from the overall aesthetic. Sorry, that's my 2 cents—those two things kill me every time, they are so distracting.

enhance

Actually, New Age music is quite beautiful...this is creepy wierd, definitely not New Age!

This impresses me as very dark, pseudo sexual, but hey... different strokes for different folks....as long as they do not touch me!

This music is a very bad cover of an old Pink Floyd track named, “ The Great Gig in the Sky”, from an album called “Dark Side of the Moon”. You may recall the overplayed track named, “Money” from the same album. “The Great Gig in the Sky” is one of the most glorious rock tracks I’ve ever heard, but only when the female vocal part is sung by Clare Torry. I don’t get dark or pseudo sexual from it, but given this baaaaad rendition and the antics onstage, I can understand your impressions.

Edited by Silkroad

afternoon all,

i know the style of the ship and interior spaces have been a hot topic, i happen to like the magic carpet in all of its orange glory. But the one thing i despise is the change in the paint job. I truly hate the white blob with orange outline at the base of the MC, I'm not a fan of the blue added to the bow in a T shape either, it takes away from the overall aesthetic. Sorry, that's my 2 cents—those two things kill me every time, they are so distracting.

enhance

I agree. I’ve become accustomed to the orange Magic Carpet, but I find the paint blob below it quite jarring.

Wow...the squealing I heard is not anything like Pink Floyd that I remember.

The dark part to me is not so much the music, but the overall mood conveyed of slithering luridness...Guess everyone sees and hears "art" a bit different. We'll just pass it by!

afternoon all,

enhance

The blue added to the forward section I like, I think (will see what I think of the real thing). I wasn't impressed with the starboard paint job under the magic carpet at first, but it is growing on me. It sort of helps the MC better blend in, by deflecting some of the attention. Luckily, the paint job can be easily remedied, if need be. :D

Wow...the squealing I heard is not anything like Pink Floyd that I remember.

The dark part to me is not so much the music, but the overall mood conveyed of slithering luridness...Guess everyone sees and hears "art" a bit different. We'll just pass it by!

Believe me, the screeching on this video isn’t anything like the original song. We, along with our friends, are booked for dinner one night in Eden, and I truly hope they won’t massacre one of my favorite songs that night;)

Believe me, the screeching on this video isn’t anything like the original song. We, along with our friends, are booked for dinner one night in Eden, and I truly hope they won’t massacre one of my favorite songs that night;)

Hopefully, that singer wasn't the actual performer who will be on the Edge. Fingernails on chalkboard....:D