Disappointed: Anyone Ever Have This Happen? Sailing Soon & Cabin # Changed by Royal

I forgot the real kicker....:D

I was informed by Kathleen that I would be put on a wait list should the folks who now have my cabin decide to cancel at the last minute.

REALLY????? SLAP ME AGAIN, BECAUSE I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE'D JUST SAID THAT! :eek::D

WOW.....Royal really screwed you on this. I'm completely flabbergasted.

As others have said, the contract allows Royal to move people, but very poor customer service. They should of given you least $250 OBC.

We, the two of us, are always in a cabin that holds at least three. We also have the corner aft booked on all of our future cruises after our Harmony B2B. This includes the great corner aft on deck seven for our Transpacific on Explorer. We always book first day of release to get our cabin choice. If Royal has a minimum of 3 on a certain cruise or ship during booking.....I just skip to the next itinerary/ship til Royal allows me to book two in an aft.

On our Harmony transatlantic Royal allowed me to book online a family suite for only two passengers. It was the same cost as a D2. I was concerned the whole time we may get moved as the cabin holds 6. All worked out okay.

So sorry to hear about this and keep pushing up the ladder for a resonable solution......

I did check to make sure that my box for No Upgrades is still marked.

I forgot the real kicker....:D

I was informed by Kathleen that I would be put on a wait list should the folks who now have my cabin decide to cancel at the last minute.

REALLY????? SLAP ME AGAIN, BECAUSE I COULD NOT BELIEVE SHE'D JUST SAID THAT! :eek::D

I hope you volunteered to accept an upgrade to at least a Grand Suite. They owe you something no matter what their contract says. This whole matter makes me ill. I am a retired teacher and know planning around school calendar. I feel so sad for you.

They owe you something no matter what their contract says. QUOTE]

Could you expand on that statement ? I don't understand how they owe the O.P. anything given the terms and conditions of the contract, which the O.P. agreed too.

The contract reads in part:

8. PASSENGER'S OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH AGREEMENT, APPLICABLE LAWS, AND RULES OF CARRIER; QUARANTINE;

INDEMNIFICATION

e. Carrier may also change accommodations, alter or cancel any activities of, deny service of alcohol to, confine to a stateroom or quarantine, search the stateroom, property or baggage of any Passenger, change a Passenger's RCT Land Tour, disembark or refuse to embark the Passenger and/or any Passenger responsible for any minor Passenger, or restrain any Passenger at any time, without liability, at the risk and expense of the Passenger, when in the sole opinion of Carrier or Captain the Passenger's conduct or presence, or that of any minor for whom the Passenger is responsible, is believed to

present a possible danger, security risk or be detrimental to himself or the health, welfare, comfort or enjoyment of others, or is in violation of any provision of this Agreement.

Edited by WpgCruise

Could you expand on that statement ? I don't understand how they owe the O.P. anything given the terms and conditions of the contract, which the O.P. agreed too.

8. PASSENGER'S OBLIGATION TO COMPLY WITH AGREEMENT, APPLICABLE LAWS, AND RULES OF CARRIER; QUARANTINE;

INDEMNIFICATION

e. Carrier may also change accommodations, alter or cancel any activities of, deny service of alcohol to, confine to a stateroom or quarantine, search the stateroom, property or baggage of any Passenger, change a Passenger's RCT Land Tour, disembark or refuse to embark the Passenger and/or any Passenger responsible for any minor Passenger, or restrain any Passenger at any time, without liability, at the risk and expense of the Passenger, when in the sole opinion of Carrier or Captain the Passenger's conduct or presence, or that of any minor for whom the Passenger is responsible, is believed to

present a possible danger, security risk or be detrimental to himself or the health, welfare, comfort or enjoyment of others, or is in violation of any provision of this Agreement.

I can't speak regarding the comment made by the poster you have questioned. However, as the original poster, I feel that I that I can say I was "owed" a courtesy phone call to let me know the cabin status. It would have been the respectful thing to do, especially since my original booking for an aft cabin was made 18 months ago. If it had been your reservation that had been altered, would you have been happy about the change and lack of notification?

In reality, I guess they owe me nothing, if you go by the cruise contract. However, I guess I don't have to offer my loyalty anymore, either. They obviously have no concern for my continued patronage. I have been loyal to Royal as proven by my Diamond Plus status. Perhaps that needs to change.

Edited by patrioticgirl

I can't speak regarding the comment made by the poster you have questioned. However, as the original poster, I feel that I that I can say I was "owed" a courtesy phone call to let me know the cabin status. It would have been the respectful thing to do, especially since my original booking for an aft cabin was made 18 months ago. If it had been your reservation that had been altered, would you have been happy about the change and lack of notification?

I agree, a call notifying you of the change and reason for it would have been the respectful thing to do. Is that what you're looking for a call to explain why they moved you from a 3 person stateroom to a 2 person stateroom ?

The post from Snit reads in part "I hope you volunteered to accept an upgrade to at least a Grand Suite. They owe you something no matter what their contract says." and that phrasing implies that Snit considers compensation is due. If my interpretation is correct, I don't understand the reasoning and was asking for an explanation given the terms and conditions of the contract.

I agree, a call notifying you of the change and reason for it would have been the respectful thing to do. Is that what you're looking for a call to explain why they moved you from a 3 person stateroom to a 2 person stateroom ?

The post from Snit reads in part "I hope you volunteered to accept an upgrade to at least a Grand Suite. They owe you something no matter what their contract says." and that phrasing implies that Snit considers compensation is due. If my interpretation is correct, I don't understand the reasoning and was asking for an explanation given the terms and conditions of the contract.

A call after I have already been informed via my own discovery of the change? No, that is not what I expect; that should have come as soon as the reservation was changed. I should not have had to discover this on my own.

Let me tell you what I want. I booked an aft cabin; I would like an aft cabin. I would like Royal to look at my cruise history and see that I have only ever booked inside OR aft balcony cabins; I know the type of cabin I am happy with and book those cabins.... nothing else. More often than not, it is an inside.... but when I splurge and book an aft, that means I reallllly want the aft, and not a meager compensatory upgrade to a starboard cabin one floor up that has a rinky-dink 4 X 10 foot balcony. I want Royal to respect my prior patronage, which is evidence by Diamond Plus status. I want the cabin I originally book to be reinstated on my reservation and I want the folks who are in my cabin to be moved to my newly assigned room. Unfortunately, the bottom line is that Royal Caribbean does not seem to be concerned about what I want.

Truth be told, I want to be excited about an upcoming cruise, but this little turn of events has certainly dampened the cruising spirit that is usually beats strong in my heart and soul. As a single elementary school teacher who has to plan around school holidays and religiously budget to cruise, I want my cabin back AND I want to feel appreciated as a customer for the loyalty I have shown in the past to Royal Caribbean.

WOULD YOU FEEL VALUED AS A CUSTOMER IF THIS HAD HAPPENED TO YOU?

Edited by patrioticgirl

Post to their FB page. I doubt they will want the negative publicity. You have tried to be as civil and following the accepted process as possible.

I agree with this...my daughter -in -law went on Facebook to complain when they had an issue and it was taken care of to their liking. It's worth a try. Gook luck. I've had that corner aft on the Explorer and there was only 2 of us. Just not fair to you.

Gwen [emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A call after I have already been informed via my own discovery of the change? No, that is not what I expect; that should have come as soon as the reservation was changed. I should not have had to discover this on my own.

Let me tell you what I want. I booked an aft cabin; I would like an aft cabin. I would like Royal to look at my cruise history and see that I have only ever booked inside OR aft balcony cabins; I know the type of cabin I am happy with and book those cabins.... nothing else. More often than not, it is an inside.... but when I splurge and book an aft, that means I reallllly want the aft, and not a meager compensatory upgrade to a starboard cabin one floor up that has a rinky-dink 4 X 10 foot balcony. I want Royal to respect my prior patronage, which is evidence by Diamond Plus status. I want the cabin I originally book to be reinstated on my reservation and I want the folks who are in my cabin to be moved to my newly assigned room. Unfortunately, the bottom line is that Royal Caribbean does not seem to be concerned about what I want.

Truth be told, I want to be excited about an upcoming cruise, but this little turn of events has certainly dampened the cruising spirit that is usually beats strong in my heart and soul. As a single elementary school teacher who has to plan around school holidays and religiously budget to cruise, I want my cabin back AND I want to feel appreciated as a customer for the loyalty I have shown in the past to Royal Caribbean.

WOULD YOU FEEL VALUED AS A CUSTOMER IF THIS HAD HAPPENED TO YOU?

Well, good luck getting what you want.

"Your" cabin now is someone else's and there are 3 people in it.

Obviously the ship is close to fully booked, or they wouldn't be forcing moves (which by contract they can do) on people.

As a Diamond Plus, obviously you have cruised a number of times, have read and understand the contract, and knew there was a possibility you could be moved from a 3 person stateroom. Right ? You have read and understood the contract haven't you ?

So, you're not getting "your" room back, Royal isn't going to bounce someone else from theirs to satisfy you.

In this case you got the short stick, and yes, I wouldn't be thrilled if it happened to me.

So, what are you going to do ?

INDEMNIFICATION

Royal has offered her options. THEY are saying that she is owed something. They just have to come to an understanding of what is appropriate.

Royal moved one group to another room. They can certainly do it again.

We (just 2) have an aft corner balcony booked on Navigator for January 2018. Are you saying they may bump us? It's just a puny E1

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Tapatalk

I was told if there was an inventory demand and three people wanted to book an E1 cabin, you may be moved. This is supposedly what happened in my situation.....

This happened to me on the Allure earlier this year. When looking for a cabin for 3 people, to cruise in August, a RFS was shown as an option. I immediately called my TA and had him book it. A few months later, when I logged into my account, I didn't see my reservation. I called RCCL and they suggested that I call my TA immediately. I did and he called RCCL to find out what was going on. It seemed they cancelled my reservation because hey wanted the cabin back. My TA explained to them that the cabin had been in general inventory which was how we booked it. Needless to say, my TA got my RFS back.

I say all this to say that is it not uncommon for RCCL to cancel a reservation without notifying the customer or change a cabin without notifying the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was told if there was an inventory demand and three people wanted to book an E1 cabin, you may be moved. This is supposedly what hapupened in my situation.....

Not sure if you have posted on Royal's Facebook page yet.....but I was amazed how fast Royal responds to passenger concerns. Sometimes within a few minutes.

Make sure you list all the employees you have spoken with so they know you've done your due diligence.

This happened to me on the Allure earlier this year. When looking for a cabin for 3 people, to cruise in August, a RFS was shown as an option. I immediately called my TA and had him book it. A few months later, when I logged into my account, I didn't see my reservation. I called RCCL and they suggested that I call my TA immediately. I did and he called RCCL to find out what was going on. It seemed they cancelled my reservation because hey wanted the cabin back. My TA explained to them that the cabin had been in general inventory which was how we booked it. Needless to say, my TA got my RFS back.

I say all this to say that is it not uncommon for RCCL to cancel a reservation without notifying the customer or change a cabin without notifying the customer.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The cabin I originally booked was showing in online inventory as an option for booking. I phoned to Crown and Anchor to make the reservation.

Edited by patrioticgirl

How recently?

In what months?

Most recent corner aft booked for two is our March 2017 cruise but we recently changed to a suite ourselves.

Over the years we have booked corner aft several times as have friends of ours who sail just the two of them and we have never been moved or bumped.

INDEMNIFICATION

Big difference between what's legal and whats right.

I have called 4 times today. A sympathetic gal at Crown and Anchor finally connected me to Kathleen in Resolutions. I was polite while making my disappointment very clear, stating that I had booked an aft over 18 months ago ... along with my specific reasons for selecting the particular cabin. She stated she was sorry ... but under no circumstances would the original cabin be reassigned.

Options given:

1. Take the cruise in the newly assigned cabin.

2. Transfer the dollar amount paid for the cabin to a later sailing without penalty for switching ships/sailing date after final payment.

3. Cancel cruise and be refunded cruise cost ( decision must be made within 4 days of sail date). ( HOWEVER, I take the loss for the cost of airfare that I booked myself. :mad:)

The Diamond Plus status just obtained now seems like a cruel joke.... so much for being loyal to Royal.

I did express my dissatisfaction to Kathleen about not being called about the cabin change and asked that Kathleen's supervisor contact me. Supposedly, I will be contacted within 72 hours.

I also asked for the Guest Advocate contact info... specifically, a phone number... and was told, "That number is not given out... those folks contact you about specific cruise issues".

I have a different number for the Executive Guest Relations/Advocate Offices that reached out to me also regarding a concern mentioned in a post cruise survey. That number is (305) 539-6000. After speaking with the rep she also gave me a contact number for her office of (800) 256-6649. They were very helpful and either of those numbers might be worth a shot!

I'm very sorry to read about your situation and can understand your disappointment. We had a corner aft junior suite booked for just two on our previous Brilliance cruise and we would have been extremely disappointed to lose that cabin after specifically booking it! I really hope someone is able to help you in some way! Best of Luck. :)

Edited by sammydh82