#16 on wait list for Regal 12/29 - what are my chances?

spyro1952

Due to family issues trying to plan a cruise for over the holidays this year has been a full time job. I finally saw a flicker at the end of this tunnel and called today to book the Regal on 12/29. I am supposedly #16 on the waitlist for the first available inside or balcony cabin.

Should I immediately defect to a HAL (which I've never sailed on) on 12/31 or try and wait it out, hoping for a massive flu outbreak somewhere??

Have you considered the Royal sailing leaving the 30th? It still has space.

If you waitlist, don't just sit back and "wait" for the system to magically work itself out and hopefully clear you. Get on the waitlist AND check inventory a couple times a day. The only time I was on a waitlist w/Princess, I continually checked inventory. When I saw a stateroom become available on line, I grabbed it on a 24 hour hold, then called Princess. Although there were people ahead of me on the waitlist, they said they were obligated to give the room to me since I had physically reserved it in my name, etc. So that experience pretty much confirmed to me that when someone cancels a room, it goes back into general inventory regardless if there are people on a waitlist.

Good luck and be proactive! ;)

BEAV, I did exactly what you said and checking website every couple of hours. A few minutes ago I got a cabin, booked it via website, and called and cancelled waitlist.

So glad I checked.................

Thanks!!

:D:D

BEAV, I did exactly what you said and checking website every couple of hours. A few minutes ago I got a cabin, booked it via website, and called and cancelled waitlist.

Thanks!!

Fantastic! Glad that worked out for you -- have a great holiday sailing! ;)

Thanks!!

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Lots of people out there in cyberland pulling for you! :D

Thanks for coming back and letting us know.

Lots of people out there in cyberland pulling for you! :D

Thanks, it's just been really hard for me the past couple of months. I had to put my Mom in a nursing home today. I've been trying to care for her at home but it's gotten beyond what I can handle.

That's why this cruise is so important, just to get away and re-group so I can do what I need to do for her going forward.

Edited by spyro1952

Thanks!!

Congrats and have a GREAT TRIP!!!

Congrats and good luck re-grouping!

The one time I was waitlisted, I found the cabin myself also. So much for Princess's process.

Enjoy your cruise.

BTW - HAL isn't as bad as people make it sound. I liked my HAL trip. I encourage you to try them in the future.

Thanks!!

So glad everything worked out for you. Enjoy your much needed vacation!

Thanks, it's just been really hard for me the past couple of months. I had to put my Mom in a nursing home today. I've been trying to care for her at home but it's gotten beyond what I can handle.

That's why this cruise is so important, just to get away and re-group so I can do what I need to do for her going forward.

You definitely need this then. It's such an emotional time and so hard not to feel guilty no matter what the circumstances are. Bon voyage and have a terrific time!

Glad it worked out for you. You deserve the time away and I hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Thanks!!

Good for you. You had a good support and cheerleader group wishing the best. It's good to live 50 miles away from PE. We are just a little farther north in Port St Lucie and are on the Caribbean Princess December 30th voyage.

Have a great voyage.