Is it reasonable to have to vacate cabins at 7am on disembarkation?

AnOnymously

Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?  

858 members have voted

1. 1. Is 7am a reasonable time to expect passengers to vacate cabins when disembarking?

Just off the Equionix, ten days in the Carribean. We had a 10am flight that everybody said was a big mistake. A couple at our dinner table were going to Newark also but had a 1:30 flight.

We got up at 6:00am, wolfed down a muffin from the buffet we absconded with the night before. Proceeded up to 14 which was our designated disembarkation point with all our luggage. At 7:30 we proceeded down to the gangway jumped in a taxi that we had pre reserved and paid for.

Quick run to the airport. We had preprinted our boarding passes on the ship which are TSA preferred. There was a curbside checkin counter with no passengers there. Ten minutes to process luggage tags and off we go to the gate.

Zipped through security with our TSA preferred. No removing laptop, no removing shoes, special priority line.

Arrival time at gate ready to board: 8:35 for a 9:36 boarding time.

Can be done if you're willing to put a little effort into it. Home at 2:30. Our friends with the 1:30 flight didn't home until after 6:00pm, if they were lucky.

Done similar with early morning flights, but it was my choice, Celebrity HAD taken that away. Glad they learned sense.

6523f9c0a3ffe7d5ab62115aa7131650.jpg Reflection 2/9/17 instructions

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This was the same wording on our recent Eclipse cruise. I wonder if it was the same wording for the times they were kindly requesting 7 AM. It certainly is lot demanding anything. Nothing different than reserving loungers on the outside decks which is basically ignored.

Does not really matter, they have agreed to return that time to 8am. Those who like to keep to requests will not now have to go against that to have their cabin until 8am and that is what we were asking for.

True, but I was very surprised when I departed on Sunday. The "kindly request" wording shocked me. From reading this thread I would have thought Celebrity was requiring passengers to leave their cabins. People were actually saying that they would never cruise Celebrity again because they were being "kindly requested" to vacate their cabins by 7AM. Perhaps it would have been more appropriate for the poll question to read "kindly requested" instead of expected.

By the way we vacated our cabin at 7:10 AM and enjoyed a nice service breakfast.

And it was being said that the tanoy announcements started at 6 and the stewards were talking and banging doors at that time. People who were there when this was being said, and had first hand experience, were saying that it was clear it was not simply a request.

But i am not sure what you are trying to say. If you read the thread, especially the replies from Celebrity they are clear that they did not want this to continue and realised that it made not for a happy ending for some people. So what is your point, that you wish you ahd had to vacate your cabin by 7am or are you just jealous that when you had to get up that early others were 'allowed' to sleep on?

Passengers have posted on this thread that it is a pity it came too late for their cruise and related how chaotic it was when it was all concertinaed together to get people out by 7am. You did not witness that spectacle, some posters on here had that sad experience.

So what point are you trying to make now that hundreds of people have been made happier and many like myself who would have felt obliged to leave by 7 because they had been asked feel contented that they do not have to refuse their request because by order of HQ they do not make it.

• 11 months later...
Have you cruised Celebrity recently? We were asked/requested to be out of our cabin by 7 am on Eclipse in December.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

So were our friends last week. SAD! Wondering... did you vacate at that time... with luggage?

They need to send some chief housekeepers on HAL to learn how to do things.

You can stay in your cabin till your number is called to leave. We are on the early end of disembarkation and usually leave about8:30- 9. I would guess everyone is off by 10.

Embarkation of the next cruise starts at 11:30 and all cabins are ready at that time.

The stewards start preparing the cabins of those who have self disembarkation and clean as rooms are vacated. They give out the tags so they know when everyone is leaving.

It's not as difficult as X is making it seem. They just need better training.

Deleted

This thread is a year old. The 7 am to leave the cabins was short lived and it was changed back to 8. We had to vacate the cabins at 8 in November.
We were on the equinox back in Nov. and while the paperwork asked for us to vacate our cabin at 8am at no point did we feel pressured to actually have to leave even by 8.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I'm thinking we get up about 6:30am on the last morning. Go to breakfast about 7:00am. I retired last year after working for the same company for 38 years. I hired in when I was 19. Most of my years I got up at 4am and to work by 5am. Our Starbucks opens at 4am. The great part was I left work at 1:30pm. When we had a lot of work to do I would work 3am to 3pm. Getting up at 2am is just to early, but I did it if I had too. My parents still get up at 6am at home. Some people are morning people and others are not.

We cannot believe that we are seeing this thread. We have never left a stateroom (Celebrity or other line) earlier than 8:30, and we try to remain there as late as possible -- for private use of the bathroom and for other reasons.

On our next cruise, we will not leave at 7:00 (or even at 8:00) if asked to do so, for two reasons:

1. Leaving that early is not necessary, given the time of the next cruise's check-in.

2. Being forced out early is totally unjust financially. Here's what we mean (and it is something that, we believe, a lot of passengers have never even thought about):

It is rare for anyone to be allowed to board earlier than 11:00 on E-Day -- and rarer still to be allowed to enter one's stateroom before 12:00. If guests are forced to leave at 7:00 on D-Day, then one of the "days" of the guests' cruise has had four or five HOURS "amputated!" In this way, it becomes a LIE for a cruise line to refer to a "7-day cruise," when, in reality, it was only a 6-and-3/4-day cruise!

Therefore, we say: "Yes, we will leave our stateroom at 7:00, if the cruise line will refund the part of our cruise fare (1/4 day's worth) that they would otherwise be keeping unjustly."

Agree. We always do self embarkation , so we will wander off about 8.30 ish

I suspect the 7:00 AM time has been set as the 8:00 AM time frame saw people leave at 9:00 AM. Their thinking may be that by setting 7:00 AM it will move more people along earlier, and they can get at most by 8:00 AM

So once again the majority have to adjust for the minority, who probably will dawdle as long as they can.

Yep, agree here. We always self disembark so will wander out about 8 am ish

I will repeat.

This thread is from OVER A YEAR AGO!!!

No need to revive it.

It was a short-lived, failed, experiment.

It's back to 8am.

Thanks for reposting this. I don't know why people can't read previous posts before chiming in with their words of wisdom.

Let me add this for emphasis:

This thread is from OVER A YEAR AGO!!!

No need to revive it.

It was a short-lived, failed, experiment.

It's back to 8am

Our last cruise with Celebrity was in 2012 and reading these boards is making me think that we won't be booking another one without a compelling reason (at the moment that might turn out to be a repositioning cruise that would get us to the US at a time which would enable us to have a longish holiday in the US before returning to the UK on the Queen Mary).

There just seems to be a steady drip of things going downhill and this is just the final straw.

It would appear, from the boards, that food quality is declining, that "free" drinks packages are resulting in poorer service from the bars, that the entertainment is not as good as once it was, Blu still has the same menu (after how many years now?), no "free" water in Aqua class after the first day, higher cover charges in the speciality restaurants while quality (certainly it seems in the Tuscan Grille) is lower etc etc etc. These are only a few of the things that I can remember off the top of my head.

Obviously some of these things are just the views of some people but that prices are going up and standards down really cannot be denied.

Blu updated their menu last year.