Single shot bottles and the Naughty Room

racnwdow

We have started packing a few single shot bottles of alcohol for the plane. We started this fun habit after our last cruise. My question is-if we have a little bottle or two left, will we get our luggage sent to the naughty room if they see the bottles on xray? Are we better off throwing away a left over or two. Not major drinkers, so can't chug them. Will do our best to only bring what we plan on drinking on a four hour flight.

Edited by racnwdow

Do you know it's against the rules to consume personal alcohol on a plane. :confused:

I was actually surprised that this is true. Supposedly it is to be able to monitor and regulate consumption.

Its one of those things that is generally not followed nor enforced.

I haven't seen anyone take those quart bags out at security for years. My small liquids are still in one each trip, but it stays inside my carry on and they never ask about it.

Whereas I got stopped for 10 minutes because I forgot to take out my baggie just 2 weeks ago.

Do you have precheck? If so that's why you aren't seeing the baggies taken out.

As to drinking on the plane, it's totally against the rules to consume your own alcohol. I personally don't relish the idea of being caught doing something against the rules because consequences of going against the flight attendants and pilot can really ruin a vacation.

As to drinking on the plane, it's totally against the rules to consume your own alcohol. I personally don't relish the idea of being caught doing something against the rules because consequences of going against the flight attendants and pilot can really ruin a vacation.

As a flight attendant, I thank you who don't consume their own alcohol on the plane. Yes, I do monitor and enforce the rules. So, Jen and Randy, when is your flight out of Omaha?

Lori

You are really over thinking the entire ship bag check.

They don't have the time or the manpower to dissect every piece of luggage.

Have you every seen those guys? Not exactly the KGB, more like Keystone Cops..

Bring your bottles and stop worrying.

My wife brings a bunch of mini bottles on the ships all the time.

And we also bring our own liquor on the airplanes, I don't need anyone to save me from myself.....

Edited by matj2000

I'm not a booze smuggler! But we did get 3 shot sized bottles through on Harmony recently with no issues.

Christmas cruise...we did stockings on Christmas morning. My husband always puts a few little bottles in my stocking. Habit. He put the usual little liquor bottles in his bag to put in my stocking without considering the rules. :rolleyes: Thankfully he didn't end up in the naughty room.

John,

I always thought rules were made to be broken. Was I taught wrong? lol

Grace

I was actually surprised that this is true. Supposedly it is to be able to monitor and regulate consumption.

Its one of those things that is generally not followed nor enforced.

I'm not judging, just adding to the conversation. ;)

FWIW, I have been known to bring a few things onto the ship, but I've never brought my own alcohol onto a plane. There is a good reason for that rule and safety on a plane is more critical than safety on a ship in my opinion. Safe travels everyone, off to MJ tomorrow.

I'm thinking about the international flight to BCN and then on board the ship. From what I gather (tell me if I am wrong please) that we can bring a limit of two minature bottles, not exceeding 100ml total, in each checked bag, is that it?

Whereas I got stopped for 10 minutes because I forgot to take out my baggie just 2 weeks ago.

Do you have precheck? If so that's why you aren't seeing the baggies taken out.

I wonder if it's airport dependent, as they are always messing with the security procedures at various airports.

I've never had precheck, but I've only had to take out the bag of toiletries at one airport in the last couple of years.

I'm thinking about the international flight to BCN and then on board the ship. From what I gather (tell me if I am wrong please) that we can bring a limit of two minature bottles, not exceeding 100ml total, in each checked bag, is that it?

If you are asking about what is allowed on the ship, it's only two bottles of wine per stateroom, each no more than 750ml.

I wonder if it's airport dependent, as they are always messing with the security procedures at various airports.

I've never had precheck, but I've only had to take out the bag of toiletries at one airport in the last couple of years.

Orlando airport this weekend was totally lax. Didn't have to take shoes off, laptops stayed in their bag, coats were ok, heck, they didn't even have trays to use. Walked through metal detector and only got directed to the body scanners if the metal detector went off.

Orlando airport this weekend was totally lax. Didn't have to take shoes off, laptops stayed in their bag, coats were ok, heck, they didn't even have trays to use. Walked through metal detector and only got directed to the body scanners if the metal detector went off.

This has been my experience at both San Francisco and Fort Lauderdale recently too. Leaving SFO for an international flight next week so I will see if it is different then.

I'm not judging, just adding to the conversation. ;)

FWIW, I have been known to bring a few things onto the ship, but I've never brought my own alcohol onto a plane. There is a good reason for that rule and safety on a plane is more critical than safety on a ship in my opinion. Safe travels everyone, off to MJ tomorrow.

Bon Voyage...

I haven't seen anyone take those quart bags out at security for years. My small liquids are still in one each trip, but it stays inside my carry on and they never ask about it.

Depends on your TSA status (precheck?) and, most importantly, the particular airport. At SFO, regular TSA lines at international terminal require your quart bag for liquids to be clearly visible in the plastic bin.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by Flatbush Flyer