Tipping Captain's Club Hostess

denby

Is it consideered proper to tip the Captain's Club Hostess? On our last cruise this delightful young women seemed to genuinely go out of her way to meet our every need. We generously compensated her on the last day. I have not been able to find any references to tipping hte Captain's Club hostess.

Have not done so in many yrs but I believe we may have a few times in the past,

Long ago when there was a small gathering in the morning and late afternoon in Michaels which we went to frequently, service of Cap Club host/ess was very personal. Helped with orders for drinks, res for dining etc..You really got a chance to know them.

.Now, everyone practically everyone is in Cap Club, & they mostly meet and greet cruisers at the big gatherings....so no special service that req a tip....

Is it considered proper to tip the Captain's Club Hostess? On our last cruise this delightful young women seemed to genuinely go out of her way to meet our every need.

But on occasion, I have... Some have a rather unique ability to tailor their interactions with guests, who come across as genuinely commited to maximizing guest experience, and who are adept Ambassadors in terms of subtly fostering brand loyalty...

If the interaction instead comes across as perfunctory or insincere--and I'm not looking for new best friends--I pass...

We were on the Solstice last Feb. for an Australia/NZ cruise and the CC hostess was very gracious and hospitable. Not only did she greet people at the nightly Elite event in the Sky Lounge, but she interacted with everyone, going around and asking how their day had been. When we had problems with our tv in our cabin and Guest Relations couldn't seem to resolve it after numerous phone calls, I mentioned it to her and she got on her phone and within minutes someone was in our cabin seeing to the issue. They ended up putting a whole new tv in. So she wasn't just a friendly face at the door. And yes, we did tip her on the last night.

We asked at Guest Services once and they said anyone not wearing stripes would appreciate any gratuities offered to them. I imagine money would be better than "stuff" they have to deal with...

I don't think they expect to be tipped, but they appreciate it when you do even when it's just a mention in the survey or a WOW card or cash or...

Tom

We were on the Solstice last Feb. for an Australia/NZ cruise and the CC hostess was very gracious and hospitable. Not only did she greet people at the nightly Elite event in the Sky Lounge, but she interacted with everyone, going around and asking how their day had been. When we had problems with our tv in our cabin and Guest Relations couldn't seem to resolve it after numerous phone calls, I mentioned it to her and she got on her phone and within minutes someone was in our cabin seeing to the issue. They ended up putting a whole new tv in. So she wasn't just a friendly face at the door. And yes, we did tip her on the last night.

I believe your talking about Rose. Rose is the one CC hostess we have tipped. We can't wait to see Rose in May 2017, Hawaii to Vancouver.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Forums mobile app

Good answer but!! we were on a P&O cruise once and a crew member said would we mind if a senior crew member sat at our table the next night.They then said the officer would be sharing our wine!!.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app

My answer would be sit "yes". Wine "no". What did you say. Unless it is my family, I do not share wine that I have paid for with strangers.

DON

Edited by donaldsc

Absolutely not..tipping in the US seems to be out of hand. I have never had dealings

with a Captains Club hostess...

I agree. She's a salaried employee. You don't tip the Hotel Manager, the Future Cruise Consultant or the Head Engineer, for example. They rely on their salary as their income, not tips, so IMO, it's not appropriate unless they've done something very special for you that goes over and above their normal duties.

I certainly wouldn't have considered tipping the Hostess on the Eclipse on our two sailings in 2016. She was useless and indifferent. Twice we sought her assistance and twice we knew more than she did about Celebrity policy on a couple of issues. Our end of cruise survey captured our thoughts. #wasteofspace

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk