Luggage storage on ship. Not quite B2B

JMARINER

Question: Will princess store luggage on the ship while I am gone for 14 days?

Situation: Taking Trans- Atlantic, 17 days, on Royal in May ending in Barcelona. Then I am doing a 14 day land tour/river cruise, then rejoining the Royal in Civitavecchia (Rome) for 10 day western med cruise back on the Royal. I want to leave one piece of luggage on the ship with our formal wear and not have to haul it around.

Any one ever done this with Princess. I have on other cruise lines, but my agent is getting a negative response from Princess home office. She says that operations on ship might do it in any event.

Thanks,

j

Situation: Taking Trans- Atlantic, 17 days, on Royal in May ending in Barcelona. Then I am doing a 14 day land tour/river cruise, then rejoining the Royal in Civitavecchia (Rome) for 10 day western med cruise back on the Royal. I want to leave one piece of luggage on the ship with our formal wear and not have to haul it around.

Any one ever done this with Princess. I have on other cruise lines, but my agent is getting a negative response from Princess home office. She says that operations on ship might do it in any event.

Thanks,

j

No they will not.

I doubt if Princess will take responsibility for your luggage.

But you can try onboard as your TA suggest.

Pescado Amarillo did this on her b2B2B2B, etc. (not sure how many B2Bs they did - 10 maybe?). There was a pause in the middle while they went to Easter Island. The Pacific Princess stored some of their luggage.

The Pacific is a very special ship. Everyone knows everyone, especially when you stay on the ship for months at a time.

Don't know if you'd be able to do this. Ask while on the ship and have a back-up plan...a friendly hotel maybe? Or a locker at an airport or bus station?

OR don't take any formal clothes. Just have something nice, but worth carrying with you when you go on the in between jaunt.

Pescado Amarillo did this on her b2B2B2B, etc. (not sure how many B2Bs they did - 10 maybe?). There was a pause in the middle while they went to Easter Island. The Pacific Princess stored some of their luggage.

The Pacific is a very special ship. Everyone knows everyone, especially when you stay on the ship for months at a time.

Don't know if you'd be able to do this. Ask while on the ship and have a back-up plan...a friendly hotel maybe? Or a locker at an airport or bus station?

OR don't take any formal clothes. Just have something nice, but worth carrying with you when you go on the in between jaunt.

Wasn't the ship damaged and they left while it was fixed then returned?

Wasn't that was a special circumstance and they had a close relationship with the Hotel director and Customer Service Manager?

I doubt this can be duplicated on the Royal.

I'm going to say no. I can't imagine this happening. Princess has zero interest in being responsible for and taking care of your luggage. Personally, I find it pretty unreasonable to even hope they would do so.

Wasn't that was a special circumstance and they had a close relationship with the Hotel director and Customer Service Manager?

RT - retired was referring to Pascado's cruise last year, not this year. You are correct about the relationships with the crew. They were only able to leave some of their stuff because they were on for so long (and also on the same ship a year or two before) and they knew the crew so well. BTW, when you read her blog that is pretty much what she says.

have a back-up plan...a friendly hotel maybe? Or a locker at an airport or bus station?

OP is taking a land trip from Barcelona to Rome.

No friendly hotel, airport locker or bus station locker would be able to help unless the hotel or locker also traveled from Barcelona to Rome.

We had a one-day debarkation on the Ruby last year due to the Passenger Services Act and they refused to allow suitcases to remain aboard.

It was even the same cabin

Bit different, as the PVSA requires you to "permanently" disembark (settle bill and remove luggage) to meet the requirements of the PVSA. If you left your stuff in the same cabin, it would give the appearance that you had not "permanently" disembarked, and were doing exactly what you were doing, reboarding after an overnight

No. That was this year's round & round in Europe. When the ship was damaged they went home (lock, stock & barrel) because they didn't know how long it would take to do the repair.

Last year they were on the Pacific in the South Pacific. That's the one they parked some of their luggage on.

No. That was this year's round & round in Europe. When the ship was damaged they went home (lock, stock & barrel) because they didn't know how long it would take to do the repair.

Last year they were on the Pacific in the South Pacific. That's the one they parked some of their luggage on.

Regardless, there were special circumstances.

The OP will be unable to do this.

• 3 months later...
FYI, Y'all were wrong....

j

Very cool it worked out for you and also many thanks for coming back to let us know. Far too often one never knows the result when someone asks a question with conflicting opinions.

I just saw this thread. I'm glad it worked out for you! We have indeed had a single suitcase stored for us two times, both on the Pacific Princess. The first time it was stored for 10 days and the second time it was stored for 20 days. It was not automatic, however, and, in our case, had to be approved by the HGM and the Staff Captain (who is in charge of security).

We've asked twice on the Emerald Princess for luggage to be stored and were turned down both times.

While it's nice when it works out, it's not something I would count on when making travel plans. Both times we were successful, we had alternate plans in the event permission was not granted.