Luggage Delivery and C&A Status

Debitoo

I could be wrong and it has nothing to do with status but our recent cruise was our first as Diamond +. We went to our cabin right after they announced the rooms were ready which was at 1:15. We had not been in our room more than 10 minutes when there was a knock on the door. It was our steward bringing our luggage in. This is the first time we have ever gotten them that early.

Hmmm... you got me thinking about something... on my girls trip, 1 of us was platinum (she got hers first), 2 were gold (we got ours next), and one was no status yet (she didn't get hers until after dinner!). I never thought about the status factor- maybe it was just a coincidence?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are D+ and there seems to be no reason or rhyme to the timing of luggage delivery. We've gotten our luggage very soon after boarding, and other times very late.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

Pretty much echoes our experience. For a while I thought maybe status played into it as we were getting our luggage pretty quickly on several cruises. But that thought disappeared when it came very late on our last cruise. :)

We do the same. Last trip we had reservations for Chops at 7 and no luggage. Room steward said he had a number of people missing luggage, one poor soul must never have rec'd theirs. We kept getting the "Do you have luggage that may not be yours?" letter throughout the cruise.

No way would I be hanging onto someones luggage, I don't have room for that!

The reason we bring a dinner outfit in our carry on is because the luggage could come late. Also, if you like an afternoon swim, good to pack a bathing suit in your carry-on also.

Which is why they don't have any concerns over what you wear to dinner the first night. It's not unusual for people to wear what thy had on at boarding on the first night.

The quickest we ever got our luggage was a cruise when we were Emerald. The bags were waiting for us when we got to our cabin at 1:30. Otherwise, it has varied from 2-5:30. We're D+ and status really has no impact at all. We also usually stay in a JS and that makes no difference. We've been in balcony's a couple of times and GS a few times and it's completely random delivery.

I don't think there is any correlation between status and baggage delivery BUT there is a correlation between status and bathroom fans,,,,,, if you are D+ and above your bathroom will have no exhaust fan for everybody knows your excrement smells like roses...........:eek:;)

If your luggage is on the BOTTOM of the pile, it will be last. If it's on the top...then you will get it sooner. The porters where you leave your bags don't give a flying frig about your "status"....they are PORT EMPLOYEES.

Your bags will get there...but there is no "priority " to it.