Deciding between ships-Magic/Breeze/Sunshine

stacied68

My husband and I are looking at itineraries for Fall of 2018. We found a couple that we really like. The itineraries are very similar, but they are on 3 different ships.

Any pros or cons for Magic, Breeze or Sunshine?

We have been on the Paradise, Victory and going on the Dream next month.

Thanks

My husband and I are looking at itineraries for Fall of 2018. We found a couple that we really like. The itineraries are very similar, but they are on 3 different ships.

Any pros or cons for Magic, Breeze or Sunshine?

We have been on the Paradise, Victory and going on the Dream next month.

Thanks

You should get a good idea of what to expect on Breeze or Magic after your Dream cruise. After Magic and Dreams dry docks which have taken place, they should be pretty similar to Breeze other than decor and a few other small things.

I can truthfully tell you that Magic, so far, is my most favorite cruise yet out of two lines and several different classes of ships. Its a great ship with a wonderful crew

Would rule out Sunshine and then a toss up between Magic and the Breeze. Two fantastic ships ( for Carnival )

I agree with this. We LOVED the Magic. I wasn't sure if it was the class of ship or what so we tried the Dream next. Loved it too! Definitely love that class of ship and the Cove balconies. To round it all out, we are going on the Breeze this fall. I suspect it will be my favorite of the three as it has ALL the amenities I am wanting. I know they are bigger ships but not once did I feel crowded or want for a seat/chair. Wish Carnival would make more like that!

I would pick the Breeze over the Sunshine but I have the Magic booked for this Thanksgiving so I am not able to comment on it yet. We loved the Breeze after sailing on the Dream and Pride. Don't get me wrong, the Sunshine was great also but I would pick the Breeze if the itinerary is to your liking. I am looking forward to the Magic as it seems to have great reviews.

We are the opposite and would pick Sunshine over Breeze/Magic. We love the layout, the Havana bar, sushi and Jijis which are not available on the other ships. They far outrank Pig and Anchor or the Pub on Magic. Also the Alchemy is much larger and in much better position in Ocean Plaza to watch the comings and going.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Breeze is by far our favorite cruise ship. And it's far different from Carnivals other ships as far as decor because a completely different designer did it. It's done in soft muted Caribbean colors and looks very sophisticated. The Lido's columns are made to look like palm trees (very tastefully) and the booths look like little Caribbean cafes. I love how the Lido looks. And the whole ship is very very pretty like this. The sports deck with mini golf, ropes course, pool tables, foosball and sports bar is a huge hit with us. And we love the 3-D Thrill theater with its special effects, it feels like a Disney ride. And then there's Guy's Burgers that made my burger hating daughter a burger lover. Yeah they're that good. I especially like the Italian place where you can try them out for free at lunch. We liked the Breeze so much we're going on her again this year. We never do that but this ship is so perfect we just had to try her again. 😊

The Breeze is by far our favorite cruise ship. And it's far different from Carnivals other ships as far as decor because a completely different designer did it. It's done in soft muted Caribbean colors and looks very sophisticated. The Lido's columns are made to look like palm trees (very tastefully) and the booths look like little Caribbean cafes. I love how the Lido looks. And the whole ship is very very pretty like this. The sports deck with mini golf, ropes course, pool tables, foosball and sports bar is a huge hit with us. And we love the 3-D Thrill theater with its special effects, it feels like a Disney ride. And then there's Guy's Burgers that made my burger hating daughter a burger lover. Yeah they're that good. I especially like the Italian place where you can try them out for free at lunch. We liked the Breeze so much we're going on her again this year. We never do that but this ship is so perfect we just had to try her again. 😊

I agree with the above ,after 10 cruises , Breeze is the best of Carnival ,and Breeze does have Jijji's (sp) ,It is much better designed than Magic or Dream .. The Breeze had a different designer than all other Carnival ships

Another vote for either the Breeze or Magic. We've been on the Breeze twice, and as of right now, she is our favorite ship. Loved everything about that ship. The layout, the decor, the food options. Just a great ship!!!

Then, she went and moved to TX.:mad:

So, we are booked on the Magic, in June. Expecting great things and anxious to try out the Alchemy Bar (which the Breeze does not have) and the Pig & Anchor BBQ.:cool:

Most Sunshine reviews say how crowded the ship feels, due to the layout. No desire to cruise on that one.

Good Luck and let us know what you decide!!:D

The Breeze had a different designer than all other Carnival ships
Yes, when it was built, the Breeze was the first in the fleet to have a Caribbean feel to her. Since up to that time, all of the other ships in the fleet were designed by Joe Farcus, whose neon glitz was a bit over the top. The muted Caribbean hues on the Breeze are great. The only bad thing about the ship is that it does not have an Alchemy Bar, which is the best concept bar in the fleet, IMHO.

The Vista and still to be completed Horizon are both non Farcus ship's as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

Yes, when it was built, the Breeze was the first in the fleet to have a Caribbean feel to her. Since up to that time, all of the other ships in the fleet were designed by Joe Farcus, whose neon glitz was a bit over the top. The muted Caribbean hues on the Breeze are great. The only bad thing about the ship is that it does not have an Alchemy Bar, which is the best concept bar in the fleet, IMHO.

The Vista and still to be completed Horizon are both non Farcus ship's as well.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

The Breeze goes to dry dock in April it will be getting The Alchmey Bar , Pig and Anchor BBQ

The Breeze goes to dry dock in April it will be getting The Alchmey Bar , Pig and Anchor BBQ

So happy to hear they are getting the Alchmey Bar we sail her in June and I was nit certain of the upgrade. Is it official?

I am currently in the same situation for 2018's cruise. I just helped my best friend decide on Magic for her cruise with her soon to be new husband for their anniversary next spring. I liked the itinerary so much I think I may book it in the fall of 2018 for me. If I book Sept it will be Magic, if I book Oct it will be Breeze. Don't really think I can go wrong either way. Don't think you can either between those two ships.

• 4 weeks later...

Just off Magic a few weeks ago. Had a very nice time. Really liked The Lanai and Pig and Anchor BBQ.

But overall enjoyed our two Sunshine cruises more. Did not notice anymore of a crowding issue vs. Magic. ALL Carnival ships are more crowded than other lines we sail on. Sunshine has specific features we really prefer like the larger, 3 deck high Serenity with its own pool plus JIji's Kitchen is (in my humble opinion) Carnival's best specialty restaurant. Also the layout of Ocean Plaza is better for people watching and has a larger Alchemy Bar which we enjoy.

Can't go wrong with either ship, but we do have a slight preference for Sunshine.

Have been on Breeze and Sunshine, but to me it all about "Where" it is going and itinerary. Sunshine is refurbished old ship but did a decent job, but the itinerary to Grand Turk, San Juan, St Kitts and my favorite St Maarten is my deciding factor.