What happened to the birthday cake?

I actually think the "cake" looks pretty. I am assuming all of the elements are edible. The detail is in the execution. I have had many birthday cakes that are conventional, but the frosting is horrible, and the actual cake was dry. However other people liked them because it looked "normal"

I think for that price I'd splurge on the champagne & chocolate strawberries. [emoji15]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We're bringing champagne on with us.

Now to figure out the best way to get enough orange juice to the cabin each morning for mimosas - I guess we can order 8 glasses from room service free of charge :p

We're bringing champagne on with us.

Now to figure out the best way to get enough orange juice to the cabin each morning for mimosas - I guess we can order 8 glasses from room service free of charge :p

Or fill up your own container the day before at WJ and keep it cool in the fridge.

FWIW, Our TA always puts in our reservation when we are celebrating a birthday or anniversary. Each and every time there is a small cake or dessert with a candle accompanied by waiters singing congratulations at the dining room table.

This is just an "I thought you should know" to those new or infrequent cruisers who might think they need to order a special cake.

On some occasions we have been surprised by the Hotel Director with a special cake for DW or myself.

Birthday cakes and Royal Caribbean bring back memories of humour and poor organisation.

My 40th birthday cake organised by my Dad got delivered to his cabin(not Chops Grille as arranged), on the wrong day with his name on it! :D

We did eventually get it on the right day, with right name and right place....& some fond memories

Not sure I would bother arranging one online. When i arranged with our waiter for my wife it arrived correctly and he never charged me :D

my husband also got a slice of cake during dessert in MDR 2 yrs ago, -i was thinking of ordering it for his birthday this month but not now. i see they need 48hrs notice and its on day 2 of next cruise so im not going to bother now i have seen a picture. -thanks for tip

You can get a bunch of cake delivered to your cabin for 7.95

Chocolate or cheesecake, all you want

Haha, best post of the day! Would be hilarious if someone ordered enough slices of cake to reassemble the entire cake. Someone should totally do that... the 7.95 birthday cake you didn't know you could get.

Really this is getting ridiculous though, $25 for a crappy 6" cake. I plan on saving all the money I'd spend on extras on the Oasis this June and use it for a staycation later in the summer after our cruise.

I think $25 will still buy a six pack of GiGi's cupcakes, for example, which we love and I'm sure are a million times better than this thing. Add a little bit to the $40/person at Chops and we're having a dinner at Ruth's Chris back at home.

We just got off the Anthem and it was my son's birthday the night we docked in Nassau. They brought him a full size chocolate cake and plates for everyone. Now, the "icing" on the cake was pure butter piped around the edges, which was really strange. But they brought it out with candles and sang to him and everything! We didn't pay for anything - just mentioned it to the waiter that it was his birthday!!

We went on Navigator for DWs b/day last year. While they were a bit pricey, I preordered the room decoration, the chocolates & champagne and the birthday cake.

I specified that I wanted the cake delivered to the MDR, and that was confirmed in the booking.

On the day, we returned to the room...... great decoration...... on the vanity was the chocs and the fizz...... and the cake sat on the bed.

I took the cake back to customer services. They agreed it WAS booked for.MDR, after dinner. Profuse apologies, and the ruffled feathers smoothed with a complimentary bottle.of champagne, handed over there and then at customer services.

A FRESH cake (looked completely different from the misdelivered one) arrived after dinner in the MDR and was shared with our tablemates.

I had pre-ordered a cake for my kids on our Grandeur trip last November. It looked nothing like the picture--just a standard chocolate cake with chocolate frosting. We actually went and complained and got a free bottle of champagne as consolation. The kids thought it was delicious at least.

Yes - chocolate - by still incredibly weird to 'wrap' a cake in chocolate!

I was thinking they were real flowers - do people think they are edible flowers??

This kind of "wrap" has been around for a long time and is simply a quick way to get an elegant-looking finish without spending a great deal of time icing or glazing a cake. The flowers shown in the picture of this cake are pulled sugar, which are technically edible, but I wouldn't want to eat them. Given the labor that would go into making such flowers, or the issues with storing commercially made ones on board, I can't imagine they would actually use flowers like the ones shown.

fcab7f314e72eaa9d164b1a99baa3d50.jpgdd3ff90f862f95d38bdb20f6ffc1d832.jpg34d06bdb65c4eed886ae5969c02ae36c.jpg

This is what it really look like. I was shocked in how it really look but it taste good. I won't do it again because I expected it to look good instead of normal cake.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we first started cruising, birthday cakes were free and really good!

Somehow, every night, someone had a "birthday" at our table!

Those were also the days when they had midnight buffets every night!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I ordered on last week for my fiance's birthday. I didn't think it was too ugly and it was really tasty! The "wax" looking slides are chocolate, they were good. His didn't have very many of the bead things on top. $25 was a little pricey but it was worth it to have a true birthday cake.

I ordered on last week for my fiance's birthday. I didn't think it was too ugly and it was really tasty! The "wax" looking slides are chocolate, they were good. His didn't have very many of the bead things on top. $25 was a little pricey but it was worth it to have a true birthday cake.

The outside of the cake when I went last year was cardboard and we did not get any beads. Just very grocery store design. I was shocked but the cake was very rich.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app