Fettuccine Parmesan Basket/Nest?

CastMember 02

It's been gone for our last couple of cruises. We were told that the cost of the cheese and additional labor expended was not worth it, especially in light of the (alleged) fact that so many were not eating the basket and they were being thrown away. I tried to say that we promised to eat every last bit of it if they brought us one but they stayed pretty firm on not giving us one.

I really enjoyed the baskets, was disappointed when I didn't get one with my Fettuccine Parmesan on the last cruise in February. I thought maybe it was just something they omitted on the Australia/New Zealand cruise since so many things where left off the menu which have normally been served on previous cruises. I'll miss the baskets, I really enjoyed them.

While the Fettuccine Alfredo we had was good, we weren't blown away. Full disclosure - we had dinner at Sabatini's the night before. Blown away we were by Sabatini's.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I normally only order it in the appetizer size but used to be pleasantly surprised when even that portion (sometimes) came in the Parmesan basket. My daughter wanted us to take her for lunch the other day and she chose Olive Garden. I had their Fettuccine Alfredo and OMG was it lame. I was blown away at how flavorless it was.

While the Fettuccine Alfredo we had was good, we weren't blown away. Full disclosure - we had dinner at Sabatini's the night before. Blown away we were by Sabatini's.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback; we are sailing on Emerald; which does not have Sabatini's so will have to go with whatever they have in MDR

I'm amazed at the number of people who say the Fettuccine Alfredo was so good. Maybe they've never tasted it before so they do rate it so highly.

Everything the ship serves is supposed to be great? :confused:

Right. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Food is a matter of, uh, taste. Lots of things are. E.g., the only thing about Florida I love is the theme parks.

For the record, I find Princess' Alfredo unexceptional, but lovely as comfort food. The basket added cheesy salty tang, but oh well.

Food is a matter of, uh, taste. Lots of things are. E.g., the only thing about Florida I love is the theme parks.

For the record, I find Princess' Alfredo unexceptional, but lovely as comfort food. The basket added cheesy salty tang, but oh well.

We used to go to theme parks but after we moved here full time we haven't spent a dime on them. :D ( and we get a resident discount to boot)

It gets old real quick. ;)