Cabins to avoid on Royal

hollydog

Anyone sailed in E314 on the Royal?? Obstructed balcony, but we don't know how obstructed.

We have this cabin booked for our next cruise. Based on the photos posted on renmar's website, we expect one of the shorter lifeboats (not a tender boat) to be directly even with the balcony. So, no view down but a view straight out.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've booked sideways cabins twice (Royal & Regal) but accepted reasonably priced upsells to deluxe balcony cabins both times. But for our next Royal cruise it doesn't appear that we'll get an upsell & we'll have our first interior sideways cabin experience.

just you wait. :) I accidently booked a sideways cabin for our upcoming Nov cruise in July and a couple of months later we got a free upgrade to a deluxe obstructed balcony. I am looking forward to it - never got a balcony or an upgrade before.

My parents are sailing with us, and I got them a regular inside room. They got an upsell offer 3 weeks ago - so, exactly a month before the sailing, but we managed to switch it to a free upgrade (because the balconies were cheaper at that time than what we paid for the inside room).

We have booked E437 on the Royal. It is adjacent to the panoramic lifts deck8, and therefore just above the door to the promenade deck - deck 7. Is that likely to be slamming all day and night? Cabin is obstructed, but not much, we hear. If anyone has experience of this cabin, would love to hear about it!

Hello....we just got an upgrade on the Royal Princess to B601. The info I read says it sleeps 4 - does anyone know if there would be bunks above the bed when it is made up as a queen? Has anyone stayed in this cabin - any information would be appreciated.

You have two choices of cabins if you want a balcony.

You can book an aft cabin with the risk of soot.

You can book a cabin along the side with the extremely small balconies.

It's a shame. The ship is in all other respects very beautiful.

Personally, we are balcony people. We would choose an aft balcony with the risk that it might have soot issues instead of a side balcony which we know will be unusable because of it's size.

Hello....we just got an upgrade on the Royal Princess to B601. The info I read says it sleeps 4 - does anyone know if there would be bunks above the bed when it is made up as a queen? Has anyone stayed in this cabin - any information would be appreciated.

B601 is a standard balcony cabins. There are Pullman style beds for third and fourth person that drop from the ceiling. If you do not have a third or fourth person, you won't even notice them - they're flush to the ceiling when not in use

Pictures available by Googling your cabin number... Or four oerson balcony cabin Royal Princess, etc.

The earlier posted website is handy also.

You have two choices of cabins if you want a balcony.

You can book an aft cabin with the risk of soot.

You can book a cabin along the side with the extremely small balconies.

It's a shame. The ship is in all other respects very beautiful.

Personally, we are balcony people. We would choose an aft balcony with the risk that it might have soot issues instead of a side balcony which we know will be unusable because of it's size.

The other option is to book a midship balcony or minisuite with the angled balconies, which are larger. That's what we book on the Royal and Regal; we have the larger balcony we like and the midship location we prefer. Book on a lower deck if you're booking on the starboard side to avoid privacy issues from the seawalk or book port side under the seaview bar and avoid the privacy issue entirely.

Dolphin 410 Deluxe Balcony Cabin = very quiet, rarely heard neighbors or people coming/going to elevators.

We had that cabin on the Regal and would agree with you. In addition to the above, the extended angled balcony is fantastic! We selected a mini suite directly above it for a cruise next year.

• Like 1

We booked owners suite C738. After reading about all the soot problems, I want to change suites. Other than soot; are there fume problems too? Geeze?

We were in R737 on the Royal for 20 days last December. It had a larger balcony than most deluxe balcony cabins and since it’s down a hallway across the very back of the ship it was an extremely quiet location. We experienced some soot, but our steward did an excellent job of controlling it.

We would book an aft balcony on Royal or Regal again in a heartbeat! Loved the wake views and seeing the sunrise every morning no matter if we were traveling northbound or southbound! We were also able to use the balcony even when at sea, as the wind was not an issue.

We were in R737 on the Royal for 20 days last December. It had a larger balcony than most deluxe balcony cabins and since it’s down a hallway across the very back of the ship it was an extremely quiet location. We experienced some soot, but our steward did an excellent job of controlling it.

My eyesight isn't great but I can't spot R737 on the Royal's deck plan. Maybe it was R734 or R735?

Sounds like a great cabin!

We booked an inside guarantee for the 10 day Eastern Caribbean Holiday Sailing a week ago. The next day Princess assigned us a balcony M601. While it is nice to be upgraded from inside to balcony, we are not particularly thrilled because we have sailed in Regal's balcony before and loathed the tiny size of the balcony.

It did not dawn on me until reading this thread that we are right underneath the area where Horizon Court and Horizon Bristol connected if my eyeballing on the deck plan is to be trusted. I hope because it is a little passage and not where the seats are located, we would not have the 3:30am noise issue when they are setting up the buffet seating?

We booked an inside cabin at the rear of deck 10 two years ago. It was a quiet location, but the third and fourth bunks, attached to the wall (not recessed into the ceiling), were a big problem. There was no walking-room with the lower beds positioned as a queen without danger of running into these protuberances (which were metal and painful to bump).

The inside cabins are tiny, which is fine, but I suggest avoiding the extra beds unless they are actually needed.

Happy Sailing!

Jimmybean

We have booked C239 for our TA cruise on next April 15. After reading the previous posts, I start to worry if we will encounter any noise from the Princess Theater. We are light sleepers and go to bed around 10.

I will appreciate any reply and suggestion. Thanks

CL

We have booked C239 for our TA cruise on next April 15. After reading the previous posts, I start to worry if we will encounter any noise from the Princess Theater. We are light sleepers and go to bed around 10.

I will appreciate any reply and suggestion. Thanks

CL

C239 is not over or near the opening above the stage in the Theater. You should not have a problem

• 2 months later...
Stay away from Marina deck cabins beneath public deck and beneath the Horizon Court or Horizon Bistro. The noise starts at 3:30am. Awful. I've booked sideways inside cabins on Caribe deck. Love the cabins and location. Very quiet.

Having read how negative Pam is regarding cabins on Marina Deck, I felt compelled to:-

- correct a slight inaccuracy - not all cabins are below public areas - the cabins at the front are under Lido Deck Cabins;

- yes there MAY be noise under public spaces, but does that affect everyone? No.

I never experienced any noise that affected me. I was on board for 25 nights, under a section of the Horizon Court, where the tiles came out further, as there was an passage from the Pastry shop, and thus would have been directly over the main part of the cabin. In 25 nights and days on board, there was only a handful of times that a chair was heard to scrape on the tiles as it was moved. Each time was not that loud, and I was never woken up during the night, by noise from above. I would have made more noise moving around the cabin that came from above.

I am not sure what caused the noise at 3:30am, that Pam experienced, as I walked through Horizon Court every night around 11pm or later, with most of it having already been closed off and cleaned ready for the next day. The staff were still cleaning, but this was areas that were open later, but were closing.

Some people have bad experiences, and allow this to reflect in their opinion, where as other have great experiences. Some people read negative opinions, and go in with negativity, so allow this to affect their experience. Having read these posts and looked at the deck plans, I was a little apprehensive in regards to the noise from above, but went in with a positive attitude and I had a great experience

Cabin selection is subjective, so one should take on board all experiences and work out what best suits you.

In 2016 we were in R210 and we did not hear noise. We are now booked in D329 for a 49-day cruise. If anyone has stayed in that cabin, was in quiet or were there any issues I should be concerned about? I would love to hear about it.

In 2016 we were in R210 and we did not hear noise. We are now booked in D329 for a 49-day cruise. If anyone has stayed in that cabin, was in quiet or were there any issues I should be concerned about? I would love to hear about it.

I wouldn’t think you would have any issues. I found Dolphin Deck to be very quiet since it has cabins above and below.