I hate this new Carnival site, anyone else?

golfntob

I don't like the new site. I was looking at a short cruise tied in with a week long cruise and the site kept freezing before I could price both cruises. I used to do this with no problems on the old site. Maybe they should invest some of the money all the cutbacks in their IT department

The website reflects a number of investments they have made. It is a far superior experience than was previously offered to those users using certain form factors that have become prevalent among the most sought-after customer segments.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I hate it. It was so much easier to compare cruises a couple years ago. With this version I had trouble figuring out how to change the number of guests and room type/location at first. I've gotten used to it now. It seems like they just want you to go with their default room which stinks.

You know what would be nice? I pretty much stay on the same deck, same area, same room type...and that's what I'm looking for. How about if I'm logged in it gives me that as the default option?

How about they make it where I can select my options before I select my cruise so whatever extra they tack on for say a lido deck room I can see without going through the entire booking process on each cruise?

The first time I used this new version I was like

giphy.gif

I too have had issues with the site where I could not see what some others say they saw. I finally think I figured it out that some things show for some and not others because of the different browsers they are on. But then again, I used chrome twice in one day and once it would not let me pick my own room and then later that afternoon it did-but not if I wanted to choose 2 or 3 cabins at once. For my personal experience, instead of it being easier to book online, it is easier now to call.:(

All I really want is to be able to see what cruises go to a specific island, say for example, Martinique. I really don't care what port I sail out of, I just want to go to Martinique. Now, I have to search through all cruises going to the Caribbean, from all ports, to try and find one that goes to Martinique.

I took me a minute to get used to it, but I am good with the new site. Looking for rates other than the one it would default to (usually Early Saver) was my initial challenge but I managed to figure it out. Change is difficult, more so for some.

The new booking site is terrible. I have tried 2 different computers and it does not work. The continue buttons are not visible so I am not able to change the # of travelers. Did they even test the new site? I guess when I am ready to book I will have to do it the old fashiion way and call in. Hopefully they fix this. The old booking site was excellent. Too bad they changed it. So much for their enhancements.:mad:

I don't care for it either. I don't like having to put something in the cart to see the price but it save it for you if you want to look at another cruise. It only let's you have 1 in your cart.

What is the correct way to change the number of travelers. I see the click on in the upper right, then you arrow down to the number of travelers, but the continue button at the bottom is not visible to continue. Any suggestions?

The website reflects a number of investments they have made. It is a far superior experience than was previously offered to those users using certain form factors that have become prevalent among the most sought-after customer segments.

This message may have been entered using voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

I'm not seeing the superior experience! Site freezes, hard to load etc.!!

Pat

What is the correct way to change the number of travelers. I see the click on in the upper right, then you arrow down to the number of travelers, but the continue button at the bottom is not visible to continue. Any suggestions?

After you select a cruise, click the blue button that says "view cruise details and room options." After that up top click where it says "1 room, 2 guests." That should bring you to a dropdown menu where you can change the number of guests. There should be a green Confirm button.

I declined the "invitation" to try the "new" site.

So did I ... however, it now loads automatically. I don't care of it either. It's impossible to navigate and it does lock up consistently. I wish they would get their current site bugs worked out before rolling out new ones. :rolleyes:

I'm not seeing the superior experience! Site freezes, hard to load etc.!!
Carnival is following best practice by driving more of the interactivity into the browser and replacing full page server swaps with targeted web services data acquisition and persistence. That makes sense given that the customers that Carnival is trying to attract to their cruise line are increasingly using Intel 6th or 7th generation-based (or Apple analog) desktop or laptop computers, or similarly high-powered tablets and smartphones, all with reliable high-speed broadband connections.

And yes that does mean that they care a lot less about customers who don't have these top shelf devices and services. Folks shouldn't be surprised or insulted by that; it's not personal; it's strictly business. They clearly realize that they add more to profit from targeting and catering to the folks with all that extra discretionary income to spend on the top shelf devices and services than they lose from the folks who give up on the cruise line entirely (rather than calling a travel agent or the cruise line by telephone) because they are frustrated by how the website works on their older or less high-powered equipment.

Thank heavens for this thread, now I can ask a probably already well ironed out question. Did carnival website do away with threads/boards? I remember a while back that i could see who else was on the ship at the same time as I would be and get other information. Is this now a thing of the past?