Is The Website Working Better Yet ??

curtdesilets

I still haven't booked my cruise. I've made preliminary contact with a couple of travel agents, then I come to this thread and say to myself what am I crazy? I'm going to pay money to be driven crazy.:mad:

I really don’t think this is a hardware question by any means, I think the differences in experience are varying by 2 factors: one is the normality and simplicity of the reservation and two is the use of the site. So to elaborate on one, it seems the site has many more issues with reservations that diverge even the slightest from the “norm” ( which I would right now define as a person who booked online via celebrity, a single 2 person reservation with no linking, just the standard online promo and nothing beyond that). So people here on CC who may have a TA or got some special elite discounts or whatnot may be having more issues with the site. I think linked reservations may also be a real source of issues as are minors in a separate room at least for me. On the second point I think the website also has a lot of issues for people who use every minute aspect of it as opposed to more general users. I’m not saying it’s wrong to expect full functionality there, just that it may help explain why some people don’t have issues. What I mean by this is some people update their passport information inside the captains club pages and not just in the check in function, whereas most user never enter the info there and never get problems with that page asking for issue city. Another similar thing is how when I use the site, I’ll go through almost every page in the cruise planner and end up getting many broken links but a normal user may not care about many of the more obscure pages and buttons I reach that end up breaking things.

Again this is just my theory and in no way a critique of power users rather a possible reasoning for the variance in experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Your theory would seem to make sense for functionality, however it would not explain the fact that searching to book a cruise is convoluted to say the least, or that there is erroneous and missing info on the site itself. As far as it being a function of hardware/software, that makes no sense at all. I've tried using the site on two different computers, two tablets (both android), four different browsers, deleting cookies and cache and incognito windows. I've tried logging in and not logging in. I have tried while on the phone with the IT manager duplicating my keystrokes and having the same issues I see and admitting that some problems they thought they fixed they hadn't and some problems they were having trouble with. I am a glass half full kind of person, but the site, while better than it was at the launch, has a long way to go.

Browing a cruise line website for cruises including sail dates , itins , pricing info for our preferred AQ category with basic perk offer, port info and looking at excursions.. to me does not constitue using every " minute" detail of the search function.. That's what it is supposed to do..and does do on other cruise line websites

Cruise planner issues are beyond rational explanation because its new design makes working with it onerous... I can buy a car online in fewer clicks..!

Your theory would seem to make sense for functionality, however it would not explain the fact that searching to book a cruise is convoluted to say the least, or that there is erroneous and missing info on the site itself. As far as it being a function of hardware/software, that makes no sense at all. I've tried using the site on two different computers, two tablets (both android), four different browsers, deleting cookies and cache and incognito windows. I've tried logging in and not logging in. I have tried while on the phone with the IT manager duplicating my keystrokes and having the same issues I see and admitting that some problems they thought they fixed they hadn't and some problems they were having trouble with. I am a glass half full kind of person, but the site, while better than it was at the launch, has a long way to go.

Forgive me for my ignorance about the booking part, I had no experience with it nor have I been reading the posts about it as I usually just book with a TA for the perks and such. That would throw a wrench in the theory so I honestly have no idea. Maybe the people who don’t have problems just get lucky and never click or notice the bugs and issues.

Forgive me for my ignorance about the booking part, I had no experience with it nor have I been reading the posts about it as I usually just book with a TA for the perks and such. That would throw a wrench in the theory so I honestly have no idea. Maybe the people who don’t have problems just get lucky and never click or notice the bugs and issues.

No forgiveness or apologies needed. I too book with a TA but check things out to satisfy my OCD tendencies. I always print hard copies to take with me and a few times they've come in handy

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Well, as can been seen by our 'signature' we have 3 cruises planned over the next 12 months. 2 are with P&O and one with Celebrity on the Constellation. Have just been checking them all out re excursions and 'managing our booking'.,

Now, we love Celebrity and can't wait to get to know Connie better, but the Celebrity website is just rubbish! I have been around in circles trying to 'manage my booking' and when I finally got there I have given up the will to live re booking an excursion.

Now I do not consider myself to be illiterate when it comes to finding my way around the internet and websites, but have now given up.... had to smile!!!

It used to be far better than P&O and it seems to have gone backwards.;)

It would be useful if the people who say they are having no problem with the new system would state in detail exactly what hardware and software they are using to access it,

instead of merely claiming that it works correctly for them without providing any further information.

Listen, people are mad, so no amount of details from those of us who have been successful (after a fashion) on the site is going to help them. I went so far as to create a video of the process I was using to find excursions, and was dismissed for using nothing but moving pictures and obnoxious background music (I thought it was a nice touch, but then I'm not so pissed I can't see straight).

Yesterday I could peruse excursions on our upcoming 2 cruises and today I am unable to even access one cruise!! I guess I am not meant to book cruise ship excursions. Very frustrating, to say the least!

I'm having trouble with the website. I logged in yesterday, hoping to start online check in for our November cruise. Couldn't find the place to enter passport numbers, contact info etc...Finally figured out there must be a drop down menu under the Welcome Marelaine. That's when my account was locked. Arggggh!

I'm having trouble with the website. I logged in yesterday, hoping to start online check in for our November cruise. Couldn't find the place to enter passport numbers, contact info etc...Finally figured out there must be a drop down menu under the Welcome Marelaine. That's when my account was locked. Arggggh!

Isn't it to early to do that? We have a cruise that starts October 31 and online check-in does not start until August 2.

No web site problems for me. Some people just dont like change because it is change.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I also don't have any problems with the website. I have been able to complete excursion bookings, specialty restaurants with no problem. The glitch I would like to see fixed is when you search for cruises. Once it brings up a list of available sailings and you select a sailing you cannot go back to the original list. You must start all over again entering the criteria for your search

My experience today.

I decided to complete online checkin. No problems encountered providing info and printing Xpress pass.

I find the Xpress pass a bit confusing as they give several options concerning currency conversion/non conversion to select but don't provide a box to check for the option you want. I will deal with it at the pier.

Once done I them looked at the calendar and it worked fine.

Then I decided to look at excursions for our trip. That is where problems arose. I was provided with a generic webpage for all places in the world. Clicked on Mediterranean and a box came up saying to protect my privacy I was being locked out for 20 minutes.

There is a definite problem. I wonder if it is caused by server overload since some people at times have no problem, but that is just a guess.

I am using windows 7 on a PC to access the site.

Sorry about the lock out :cool:

The second or third page of the check-in procedure has a drop down menu to select your type of documentation; after you select "passport" the blocks for entering your passport number and expiration date appear.

I wanted to research excursions.

I logged in and when I clicked on to excursions I was taken to a general area where they were advertising Jamacia ( we are going to the Baltic)

I had to log in a total of x3 and then was told there was a problem and to check back in 20 minutes.

Eventually I used my iPad which was better than my Windows Lap Top.

Hopefully things will be better at the beginning of next year when I MAY be booking an excursion in St Petersburg.

We are leaving in two weeks on the Equinox and may just book private excursions since the shore ex page is terrible.

Then I decided to look at excursions for our trip. That is where problems arose. I was provided with a generic webpage for all places in the world. Clicked on Mediterranean and a box came up saying to protect my privacy I was being locked out for 20 minutes.

I don't know why some people have no problems, and some have nothing but problems, and others have mixed results like yours. In the case of excursions, you cannot click the link that says "See ALL Excursions" because it will show you all excursions indeed. I made a graphic of the convoluted way I found the excursions for my cruise. There might be an easier way. But here is a composite of screens, numbered for the clicks you have to make, to get to your excursions listed by port:

bBGF_OCHPeW3G2gzsliBzFDyd1Sn0SY85OLLq1ECUkUeIiU1CS8u9FxnwCx3DwNk89xYQNYQwd1_qe7M9jJIZPgDUmXYWcmOWq1XwY8YJ_GduA5S30oVgjafx3f3y1WmoUv8R4MNIDzSGgnOB4akMPa9j3gqI3D2UyauHUNLWv7QoDaoAciuMKYyeRpRDG3QSE9d5DaHy4IwMZe91uRJyLg1EqIQv5a-fIKdOLkEbFvwhCDC4rZzuH6bnWWyPN4XnQhrbiueQrt83v41P9OcPzRRk4z9T6MtxuWyimXMgeRnZN0U0Jzcg53g3laJzoSoBx3Ss6-XCtipRwKZKUKHCbW2K-EuuPZOfIxQJiEy5bfyE0naMcwHbpbgTWe3Z7v0rZUZ1PHLnur6HwXKC4z-I4fhdhvgVdtAcIdQyW7dwZ1nD__jMmH7unSIPySTjh-kY5h6e-1WuA-iv2pwpFBd1tEjlUxi6UoLkIUSZgwxKvYZuxDZYVnuRUEqEVRdmKj_UYMB1p-LOWwQqou-8tJjD6UQe8nZJ8Zi5aVJhlU4AdaFd1dSk5KoSj6zRsAn537b89hexbTBqMkbmXZo_iHG4xKpmQFe0dtCGhyGqUHCuHSTj3SqUpAa-yLF=w1152-h896-no

I don't know why some people have no problems, and some have nothing but problems, and others have mixed results like yours. In the case of excursions, you cannot click the link that says "See ALL Excursions" because it will show you all excursions indeed. I made a graphic of the convoluted way I found the excursions for my cruise. There might be an easier way. But here is a composite of screens, numbered for the clicks you have to make, to get to your excursions listed by port:

bBGF_OCHPeW3G2gzsliBzFDyd1Sn0SY85OLLq1ECUkUeIiU1CS8u9FxnwCx3DwNk89xYQNYQwd1_qe7M9jJIZPgDUmXYWcmOWq1XwY8YJ_GduA5S30oVgjafx3f3y1WmoUv8R4MNIDzSGgnOB4akMPa9j3gqI3D2UyauHUNLWv7QoDaoAciuMKYyeRpRDG3QSE9d5DaHy4IwMZe91uRJyLg1EqIQv5a-fIKdOLkEbFvwhCDC4rZzuH6bnWWyPN4XnQhrbiueQrt83v41P9OcPzRRk4z9T6MtxuWyimXMgeRnZN0U0Jzcg53g3laJzoSoBx3Ss6-XCtipRwKZKUKHCbW2K-EuuPZOfIxQJiEy5bfyE0naMcwHbpbgTWe3Z7v0rZUZ1PHLnur6HwXKC4z-I4fhdhvgVdtAcIdQyW7dwZ1nD__jMmH7unSIPySTjh-kY5h6e-1WuA-iv2pwpFBd1tEjlUxi6UoLkIUSZgwxKvYZuxDZYVnuRUEqEVRdmKj_UYMB1p-LOWwQqou-8tJjD6UQe8nZJ8Zi5aVJhlU4AdaFd1dSk5KoSj6zRsAn537b89hexbTBqMkbmXZo_iHG4xKpmQFe0dtCGhyGqUHCuHSTj3SqUpAa-yLF=w1152-h896-no

fshagan, you are one nice person to do this. I have no issues with the website, and have 3 cruise reservations btw. This is exactly how I access my Cruise Planner. I think some people get frustrated and then don't take the time to look around the website. I clicked on every link on every page to learn my way around. Some things could be better, but I actually quite enjoy the new website.

I've discovered that some navigation problems are specific to TA-booked reservations too. Instead of coming up with a nice message saying "Contact your TA" or something similar it just goes bananas or refuses to do anything (e.g. trying to access ground transport options).

Ah well, I've found a path through the maze and I'm getting done what needs to be done so I'll stop complaining for the time being.

. Some things could be better, but I actually quite enjoy the new website.

In many ways I agree. It's quite a nice design. I'm able to appreciate it more now that I know what to avoid.

I am able to view all my reservations, check order history, explore and book things for our upcoming cruise through the cruise planner. I haven't tried to do online check-in and I never make final payment on-line. So for us it is much better than a couple of weeks ago.

I haven't had any problems so far and have been able to do everything you mention through the cruise planner including booking excursions with available OBC. We too never make any payments online but go through our agent.

What no one seems to be mentioning is what type of computer or software they are using? We can log in on both a MacBook and iPad.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums