Sharing a meal at the Carnival steakhouse?

Some friends are taking their maiden cruise on the Carnival Dream. They asked me if the steakhouse would allow them to share a single dinner. :confused: I have no clue but I'm sure there is someone on this board who would.

Thank you for the input!

As long as they pay for two people, they can tell them, only bring out one steak.

Thanks NIC6318 , best suggestion so far. My neighbor would enjoy a dinner in the steakhouse but his wife eats like a bird and spending $35 for her dinner would be a waste. I guess alternately he and I could eat at the steakhouse and let the wife's have a girls night out in the MDR. :halo:

Thanks NIC6318 , best suggestion so far. My neighbor would enjoy a dinner in the steakhouse but his wife eats like a bird and spending $35 for her dinner would be a waste. I guess alternately he and I could eat at the steakhouse and let the wife's have a girls night out in the MDR. :halo:

I love creative win-win solutions. Everyone will be happy.

Hope you enjoy the meal and the cruise.

Sounds like a plan

Some friends are taking their maiden cruise on the Carnival Dream. They asked me if the steakhouse would allow them to share a single dinner. :confused: I have no clue but I'm sure there is someone on this board who would.

Thank you for the input!

No you can't , they charge per person then you can share.

Just curious, do they actually do this in local restaurants?

I mean seriously, I seen people share dessert or appetizer, but a whole meal?

Very often restaurant will add a surcharge for sharing.

These days portions have become supersized and when home no problem to take home leftovers but when traveling we will often order add and share entre.

Just curious, do they actually do this in local restaurants?

I mean seriously, I seen people share dessert or appetizer, but a whole meal?

DH and I often share a meal in restaurants. He has had bariatric surgery and cannot eat much at one time, and one meal is about twice what I can eat. Sometimes there is a surcharge, but more often than not, there is not.

I feel your pain. My DH LOVES to have dinner in the steakhouse, but for me it is a total waste of money as I eat a child sized portion of food. It really annoys me to pay that much for the small amount of food that I eat.

Then don't eat at the steak house. I know land restaurants will take those cards doctors give people who have had those surgeries to lose weight and allow them to order from kids menu and pricing. I doubt they do that in the steakhouses.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Order two dinners. Pack one up and save it for an afternoon balcony snack the next day. Nothing like to Steakhouse dinners!!

I would have a problem storing the steak in the cabin's cooler, I mean refrigerator. Then the only way to heat it up again might be to sit it out in the sun on the balcony. I wouldn't chance it.

Now about the cheesecake - I have put some in the cooler for later that night or the following day. But I don't think part or all of a steak entree can stand the same treatment.

I would have a problem storing the steak in the cabin's cooler, I mean refrigerator. Then the only way to heat it up again might be to sit it out in the sun on the balcony. I wouldn't chance it.

Now about the cheesecake - I have put some in the cooler for later that night or the following day. But I don't think part or all of a steak entree can stand the same treatment.

Get a bucket or two of ice and put it in the cooler. Works great!