Purified water - 12 pack

Cheap?

It's double the price of what you can get it for shoreside. The catch is you are no longer permitted to carry on bottled water. Carnival's captive audience allows for this price gouging.

Are you insane? That is an extremely fair price. Where do you shop, Fantasy land?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have no problem with the water straight out of the tap. I prefer bottles for walking around the ship and taking on excursions. Yes, I know I can use my own container, but this way I don't have to keep track of it once it's empty.

Good point!

$4.50??? Totally worth the convenience of having it in cabin when we get there...100% Cannot believe people complain about "price gouging", if you want to save a $1.50 then bring your own and haul it around until your cabin is ready...OMG these same people will buy the cheers program for 2 at $800 for the week and think they are getting a bargain I guess....lol

Cheap?

It's double the price of what you can get it for shoreside. The catch is you are no longer permitted to carry on bottled water. Carnival's captive audience allows for this price gouging.

Hmmm you wouldn't happen to be "Dion" john heald posted this morning on how Dion accused carnival of price gouging water @$4.50 lol. Apparently Dion doesn't know NCL charges $52 for water

Hmmm you wouldn't happen to be "Dion" john heald posted this morning on how Dion accused carnival of price gouging water @$4.50 lol. Apparently Dion doesn't know NCL charges $52 for water

There is a big discussion on John Heald's Facebook page today about this. We always preorder the water.

First time cruiser on the Triumph (Sept 11 embarkation). We purchased Cheers, which includes bottled water. Can't we just get a bottled water from the bar when we want one? And before returning to our cabin, just stop off at a bar and get a bottle of water? Guess I'm not understanding why we would need to pre-order and pay for water when it's included in Cheers. Can anyone help connect the dots for me?

Cheap?

Are you insane? That is an extremely fair price. Where do you shop, Fantasy land?

I agree that it is a fair price for a cruise line, but I too can get it much cheaper on shore. I just bought 40 16.9 oz. bottles at Sam's Club for $3.24 including the tax. That means 12 bottles would cost me only $.97 which is way less than half of $4.50. And that's not shopping in Fantasy land. So don't think Carnival is not making some money on this.

But even saying this I pre-purchase the water from Carnival. Probably would do it even if I could carry on bottles of water. It is so nice to have it waiting in our cabin and not having to lug it onto the ship.

I agree that it is a fair price for a cruise line, but I too can get it much cheaper on shore. I just bought 40 16.9 oz. bottles at Sam's Club for $3.24 including the tax. That means 12 bottles would cost me only $.97 which is way less than half of $4.50. And that's not shopping in Fantasy land. So don't think Carnival is not making some money on this.

But even saying this I pre-purchase the water from Carnival. Probably would do it even if I could carry on bottles of water. It is so nice to have it waiting in our cabin and not having to lug it onto the ship.

Of course Carnival is making money off of this, I don't think that anyone has claimed otherwise.

First time cruiser on the Triumph (Sept 11 embarkation). We purchased Cheers, which includes bottled water. Can't we just get a bottled water from the bar when we want one? And before returning to our cabin, just stop off at a bar and get a bottle of water? Guess I'm not understanding why we would need to pre-order and pay for water when it's included in Cheers. Can anyone help connect the dots for me?

Yes, you can get bottled water from a bar, but only one at a time. We're going to have Cheers for the first time in November and we may still order the 12 pack to avoid having to visit a bar several times to get enough water to take ashore each day (unless they would give us more than one bottle per visit), but that decision hasn't been made yet.

It's amazing to me that people will spend at the least $1000 on a cruise for 2 and bitch about having to pay $4.50 for a 12-pack of water! Yes it's cheaper on shore but guess what? You're not on shore, you're on a ship! And the convenience of having the water waiting for you when you get to your room should be well worth the $4.50....IMHO.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Of course Carnival is making money, I don't think that anyone has claimed otherwise.

I'm sorry but did you bother to read the quotes I was responding to. I was showing that it is not shopping in Fantasy land to be able to purchase water on shore for half the price that Carnival is charging.

I understand that they are also providing the service of delivering it to your room. But at least one person is claiming they are taking advantage of cruisers by price gouging. I say they are not taking advantage but are still making some (a little money) on the bottles of water.

Yes, you can get bottled water from a bar, but only one at a time. We're going to have Cheers for the first time in November and we may still order the 12 pack to avoid having to visit a bar several times to get enough water to take ashore each day (unless they would give us more than one bottle per visit), but that decision hasn't been made yet.

We ordered 2 12 packs of water for our room with Cheers on our last cruise. Don't think I would again as we ended up leaving quite a few behind. It's was quite easy to grab one each time we went by a bar. Before we knew it we had a free 12 pack on top of the two we ordered. At most I would only order 1 12 pack and stock up from the bars the rest of the cruise.

I'm sorry but did you bother to read the quotes I was responding to. I was showing that it is not shopping in Fantasy land to be able to purchase water on shore for half the price that Carnival is charging.

I understand that they are also providing the service of delivering it to your room. But at least one person is claiming they are taking advantage of cruisers by price gouging. I say they are not taking advantage but are still making some (a little money) on the bottles of water.

Yes, I did. Neither post claimed that Carnival wasn't making money on the transaction, I'm sorry that you took umbrage at my pointing that out. I think that it is safe to say that one can buy anything they sell onboard for less by buying it ashore.

We ordered 2 12 packs of water for our room with Cheers on our last cruise. Don't think I would again as we ended up leaving quite a few behind. It's was quite easy to grab one each time we went by a bar. Before we knew it we had a free 12 pack on top of the two we ordered. At most I would only order 1 12 pack and stock up from the bars the rest of the cruise.

Good info, thanks!

I ordered the water on my last cruise at $2.99 and am ordering them at the increase price now for my next Cruise. Still worth every penny even when I could lug the water on myself I wouldn't. I would pay easily $12 for a 12 pack and not blink an eye. It is totally worth the convenience.